General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Most bad ass front bumper i have ever seen

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, and I worry about ARB's weight. I actually think it looks kinda cool. But it's something that belongs in a terminator movie and nowhere else. I bet it's actually really hazardous to drive with, unless he's done all kinds of suspension and brake work. Surprised it's not on a hummer.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:18 AM

I can see why he would want something that big... the bug deflector is a very expensive thing that you would want to keep safe right.......

j/k this thing is brutal
Old 10-07-2008, 11:13 AM

Gay...
Old 10-07-2008, 12:38 PM

I like the bumper itself....but the tubing looks like hell
Old 10-07-2008, 12:50 PM

that thing is quite literally a cow catcher.

i like the piaa lights mounted on the skid plate, they wont get wrecked or anything...
Old 10-07-2008, 01:03 PM

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay351
Dude, stop pimping the same damn pictures of your "buddys" chevy.. This is a yota site!!!!

Awesome.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:43 PM

overkill, maybe if they exo'd the whole thing it would be OK.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:59 AM

i like it but like most of the others, i think it is just plain overkill with all that tubing. now if he added an exo than that would be bad a**. but then again, why would you wheel a f350?
Old 10-11-2008, 06:15 PM

Wow that is just flat out fugly. It's one thing to try and do a front only exo, but that thing looks like it was designed by a 3yr old. Too much tube not doing a whole lot in terms of strength. Sometimes less is better.

He doesn't go offroad but we live in an area THICK with deer, saved him a lot of money so far.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:27 AM

Well, since I actually know the guy you are bashing, and his truck, guess I should step in a little bit.

Overkill ? Hell yes it is. But he is a professional storm chaser amojng other duties. He has gone through plenty of hoods and grills from debris flying in the air, and smackin his truck. The tube (not pipe) is there to help eliminate that, but he has still gotten a few dings and dents, but nothing too bad. He is working on more tube over the truck, but the part that kept getting hit and destroyed is now protected.

Yes, he is locked front and rear. detroit rear, and a auburn (IIRC) e-locker up front. Yes, still has IFS, no, it doesn't rock crawl, doesn't do anything extreme in the way of typical off-roading, but he does go and rescure morons who get trapped out in the middle of huge storms. His winch (warn 16.5ti) has dragged people and vehicles to saftey numerous times. His lights have come in handy many times as well. They are rarely all on, but they do serve different purposes. He uses his truck as a light stand, when helping to repair a levee, or other work that needs to be done at night, with no electricity around. His lights are used to help save lives. The roof rack is for his spare tire. Has another one in the bed, along with TONS of other chit. He has no room for anything else. Air compressors, welders, generators, tools galore. His truck has been used as a first responder, a storm chaser, and a all around rescure vehicle. Stuff may be over the top, but he isn't doing your typical work. Just so yall know a little more about it.

Last edited by MercedesTech; 11-11-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:41 AM

LOL! good god that thing must weigh a ton. they should add a snow plow to the front for more macho.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by tigertowncruiser
i'm not a ford fan at all, but this bumper is sick

http://www.impact9.com/Photos/Truck/truck.htm
Sorry, but that thing looks SOOOOO STUPID!!!!

Dave

Last edited by Diesel_Freak; 11-11-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
thats ghey imo and it looks retarded and WAY heavy.. weight SUCKS
Its pretty much worthless too if you hit a tree or a car it would cause more damage than having a stock bumper
But to each his own to whoever likes it, thats cool
Old 11-12-2008, 01:23 PM

Sooooo Lame

Last edited by Diesel_Freak; 11-12-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by schmooot
ummmm thats a dodge
I am not a dodge man, but im pretty dang sure there has never been an IFS RAM

And if you really get in close u can see the blue circle sign behind the lights, unless thats a new mod for dodges, i can see why you would want to disguise a poopy dodge or chev as a ford, least if you could convince people it was a ford u wouldnt get made fun of for having such a crappy truck.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:38 AM

apparently my post is invisible.....

Dodge rams started having IFS after 99 I believe. So yes, RAM's do have IFS, only the 1500 or half ton model though. 2500 and up have a solid front.

You guys really need to get your facts straight. You rag on this guy, but have no clue about the truck. I made a post to letcha all know a little more though. If yall have anymore questions on it, or on full sized trucks in general, feel free to ask. Hopefully none of yall live in storm country. Otherwise this rig you bash on, might be the one comin to save your Yoder or your life.

Oh, and thats an 04 or 05 Ford F150 4x4, just so yall know. Someone mentioned it was a F350 earlier. F250 and up have a solid front axle.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by MercedesTech

Dodge rams started having IFS after 99 I believe. So yes, RAM's do have IFS, only the 1500 or half ton model though. 2500 and up have a solid front.

Oh, and thats an 04 or 05 Ford F150 4x4, just so yall know. Someone mentioned it was a F350 earlier. F250 and up have a solid front axle.
Thanks for setting me straight on the IFS thing, i dont pay really pay attention to dodges. I think everyone knows it a new ford, if you cant tell by the head lights u can easily tell by the blue circle with lettering behind the lights, nobody was ragging on him, just setting him straight
Old 11-13-2008, 03:04 PM

Well, since I actually know the guy you are bashing, and his truck, guess I should step in a little bit.

Overkill ? Hell yes it is. But he is a professional storm chaser amojng other duties. He has gone through plenty of hoods and grills from debris flying in the air, and smackin his truck. The tube (not pipe) is there to help eliminate that, but he has still gotten a few dings and dents, but nothing too bad. He is working on more tube over the truck, but the part that kept getting hit and destroyed is now protected.

Yes, he is locked front and rear. detroit rear, and a auburn (IIRC) e-locker up front. Yes, still has IFS, no, it doesn't rock crawl, doesn't do anything extreme in the way of typical off-roading, but he does go and rescure morons who get trapped out in the middle of huge storms. His winch (warn 16.5ti) has dragged people and vehicles to saftey numerous times. His lights have come in handy many times as well. They are rarely all on, but they do serve different purposes. He uses his truck as a light stand, when helping to repair a levee, or other work that needs to be done at night, with no electricity around. His lights are used to help save lives. The roof rack is for his spare tire. Has another one in the bed, along with TONS of other chit. He has no room for anything else. Air compressors, welders, generators, tools galore. His truck has been used as a first responder, a storm chaser, and a all around rescure vehicle. Stuff may be over the top, but he isn't doing your typical work. Just so yall know a little more about it.
that's literaly the ONE thing I could have learned to make me understand the resoning behind this thing... Most of the people with the road armor bumpers and hood guards around here are overweight construction workers with little dicks trying to "out tough" the other guys at the job site...

Cheers

Dave
Old 11-13-2008, 03:05 PM

Its already been said but Mad Max all the way. It could grow on me but never on my rig. Wayyyy too many lights. He must have a monster charging system!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I appreciate your input. Don't let the morons on here piss ya off. Everyones got their own stinky opinion.

Regardless of how probably impractical the bumper might be on say... any of our trucks, it obviously has a good purpose. And cheers to your mate who is our their helpin folks!

Quick Reply: Most bad ass front bumper i have ever seen