General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Farmers Insurance price on my truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by James Woods
The truck drives, the steering wheel is way off and I can hear the tire howling when driving, it is also sitting lower on the passenger side.
Perfect I'll take it. It will be the nicest truck in my fleet. Just kidding. Good luck with the insurance adjuster.
Oh, and I just went through the same thing this month with my wifes Accura and the insurance company gave us a rental while they were making up their mind. Doesn't sound like you need that, but it is money out of their pocket every day that they screw around, which is a good motivation for them to make a fair offer, cut you a check and be done with it.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:17 AM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Buck87
Oh, and I just went through the same thing this month with my wifes Accura and the insurance company gave us a rental while they were making up their mind. Doesn't sound like you need that, but it is money out of their pocket every day that they screw around, which is a good motivation for them to make a fair offer, cut you a check and be done with it.
It's also money that came out of your pocket first when you signed up for your policy and added the rental car option.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Contributing Member

No updates yet, her Insurance company was supposed to call me by today and I never received any calls so I called the adjuster all day today until I got a message that they were closed.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:03 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
sad to hear about the truck but im glad to see your ok and that farmers isnt working at a snails pace. whats your experience with geico so far? i just switched over to them last month.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Contributing Member

Geico is okay, my wife rear ended someone a while back and they sent us a letter saying they were dropping us, when we called them they said they were just raising our policy a bit. Overall I can't say anything bad or good about them.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Contributing Member

Claims adjuster never showed up today, and of course nobody would awnser the phone. Just got a call from the claims adjuster almost 2 hours after I left her a message and is trying to say she is going to look at it without me there now. I think I need to contact a lawyer.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:15 PM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
sounds like there playing hard ball and hoping you will just back down and take a low ball check.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like they're just dragging their feet...typical. I would just have my insurance company pay for the repair/replacement now and let them go after the other company for reimbursement. The only downside to doing this is you might not get your deductible back if your insurance loses the settlement.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Contributing Member

It takes time, but no excuse if they are not returning your calls.
Be patient, don't get angry. Leave a message saying that you would like to please speak with her supervisor and see if that lights a fire. And you are having pain in your back that you have not seen a doctor for yet, and this is taking longer than you anticipated, so you are going to need a rental car.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:41 PM

My wife had a similar situation, contacted our USAA insurance, and let them handle it. They won, and even got our deductible back.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Contributing Member

I contacted the claim adjusters supervisor and let them know that I will be speaking with a lawyer on where to go next and so they offered me a rental car, I took the rental car and parked the 4runner at my work. I don't need the rental car but makes me feel better that they are paying more out of pocket, they told me I should hear back before Monday but I have heard that before already.

I thought about just going through my insurance but I am worried that I would never get my deductible back, I can wait I just cant waste time that I take off work to meet them. I also told them that I expect to be reimbursed for the time I have missed from work.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:30 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Look up the thread on my pickup after i wrecked it. If you buy it back, pull the fenders and hood, check the frame for straightness, and get out the 5 ton come-along.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Contributing Member

Well I found my battery leaking all over my driveway yesterday........yay
Old 01-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Contributing Member

Got a call from the insurance this morning they offered me $1500 or if I keep it (which I am) $950. I told the guy on the phone that there is no way I can find another Toyota pickup let alone a 4wheel drive for anywhere around that price. He told me that there is nothing that he can do because the adjuster already did that and my truck was in rough shape before the accident.

I asked him how my truck was in rough shape and he said that the windshield is cracked which it is and that I have rust all over the rear bumper........I dont have a rear bumper on my truck, so at that time I doubted the insurance adjuster actually showed up. I hung up the phone and called my insurance, they told me that they are not treating me fairly and to ask to speak with his manager, I did so and suddenly the price does seem kinda strange and he is going to look into it and give me a call back.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Contributing Member

Games... Don't yell untill you get a check.
My own Insurance Co has pulled the same BS on me.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Contributing Member

I emailed him pretty much the same link I got to autotrader earlier, also the pics of rebuilding the transfercase with the 4.7 gears, the screenshot from alldata on labor times for rebuilding a transfercase, pics of the truck before the accident, and I had completely forgot that last year I changed out the cluster to my sr5 one so his main argument about my mileage is wrong because my mileage is not 293,000 it is actually 264,000 which according to him equals out to over $500 based on how he was devaluing it earlier.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:57 AM

if there playing hard ball play it right back, use your rental car as much as possible, and fight to get the most out of it, its ashammed to see a good toyota fall but life is life, and when life gives you lemons, make a new front bumper and wheel the piss outta it!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Contributing Member

I have the rental car for another week, I understand that they are looking out for themselves, but I had a perfectly good driving Toyota pickup before that lady decided to pull out in front of me. The other driver was found at fault and they keep telling me that they don't pay "replacement" value, but since it was not my fault, I don't think that I should be out the money.

I would think the insurance company should be happy to pay for my truck and be glad that she didn't pull out in front of an S-class Mercedes, yea it wouldn't be totaled most likely but it would rack up at least $10 grand in bills.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Contributing Member

My neck hurts just thinking about it.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Contributing Member

Remind him that you expect "fair market value".

Owie my neck.

Quick Reply: Farmers Insurance price on my truck