Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Need help identifying leaf spring lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 04:42 AM
rhx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help identifying leaf spring lift

Ok so i bit of back ground. I picked up this 92 Toyota pickup 4x4 not knowing it had much more than a lift on it. Come to find it has a solid axel swap, chopped bed, rear disk breaks, Detroit auto-lockers, and more i'm sure I've yet to find.

I like the hight and the methods of lift but i'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly i have. (asking the former owner isn't an option)

After some 4x4ing this weekend my front left leaf spring is sagging a bit more than the right. I figure it's time to replace them anyways but i have no clue what my truck has on it. I have no clue what size of leaf spring/suspension/body lift I have. I'm assuming the body is just sitting on the stock body mounts which are about 1 1/2" inches.

I'm lost with the leaf and suspension though. The truck has 33" tires now i'm I'm figuring it likely has about 4" of lift. I've looked for resources to help identify what is what but all i can find is info on finding total lift. I'm only looking to do the leaf springs this time around. The pictures are from when i did the wheel bearings and seals.

Also dumb question but i'm assuming since i have a 84/85 front axel thats the type of leaf springs i'll need?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by rhx; 11-07-2016 at 04:53 AM.