Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

94 4runner questions and opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 4runner questions and opinions wanted

Ok guys I got a 94 4runner a while back and have been driving it to work it doesn't run perfect but I'll get to that later. I went snow wheeling last Sunday and had a lot of fun but my cj5 has the worst heater system and I can't take my kids since it's so cold. So now I have been thinking in a few months buying a diff work car and doing a 4-5 inch suspension lift and maybe a 2 inch body lift and running 35s just for snow runs and a around town rig I will not be cutting any body since the body is almost perfect and same with paint. Here's where the opinions come in I'm a thinking wrong considering I am just getting into snow wheeling and I live in Washington so I'd only get a few months of runs also I have been looking into a better heater for the jeep but I still like the idea of a full body rig and 4 door for the snow plus I live my runner and I'd like it lifted either way
Old 12-08-2016, 06:10 PM

4runner's do really good in the snow, running 35's would be awesome. It's so much better to be able to roll the windows up and crank the heater, open tops in the snow suck.

I personally like the idea of selling the jeep, buying a daily driver and lifting the 4runner. Thats just me.
Old 12-08-2016, 06:16 PM

The jeep is more of a passion for me I have built a lot of it my self and redone just about every part it's a 1972 cj5. The more I think about it the more on board with this idea I am. Will the ifs hold up decently with 35s in snow and what about the auto hubs. I was thinking of the rough country 5-6 inch lift and a 2 inch body to clear the tires what do you guys think
Attached Thumbnails 94 4runner questions and opinions wanted-img_3597.jpg  
Old 12-09-2016, 05:21 AM

The jeep is very nice too!

35's are the upper limit of IFS and that will depend on your driving style. There is a great FAQ section here that you should read.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...tickys-242840/

Post up a picture of the 4runner, we like to see pictures!