Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

01 Sequoia 4WD Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 Sequoia 4WD Issues

2001 Sequoia had the dreaded orange light and stuck in 4WD. I invested to get both actuators replaced (one in the front diff, one in the transfer case $$). Now there are 2 new actuators and the switch and 4WD system seems to engage and disengage via the signaling on the dash and buttons. Meaning, it goes through the sequence as it should without error. However, it still feels like the front hubs are locked. I tried to see if the front shaft is moving when engaged in 4WD and it is and in 2WD it appears t does not move so the transfer case if doing it's thing properly. I jacked up one side of the front and could spin the tire and did the same on the other side. That tire seemed to spin as well. I also engaged the 4WD with that tire still up off the ground and when engaged it locked as it should.
However, there is still something wrong as the front end still feels like it is in 4WD and tracking as it would be in 4WD. Very heavy steering and it's not right.
Thoughts? Is there a problem with the front diff now? Any other tests I should do?
Any help appreciated.