03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

Wrench-a-Thon-LAS VEGAS-Saturday!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrench-a-Thon-LAS VEGAS-Saturday!!!!!!!

Calling all Las Vegas and Nearby Yotatech-er's!!!

Here is a grand opportunity to mess with someone else's truck, have a beer and otherwise ply our craft.

Goodtimes is inbound from LA and thinks he maybe sober enough to help me install the Daystar 2" Spacer kit on my 2003 4Runner (Xreas).

Sooooo...additional help would be appreciated! The truck will be on jacks wheels off by 0900 am on Saturday.

General Location is SW Las Vegas (about 3-4 miles from Bass-Pro Shops/Silverton).

Goal is to have the kit on by noon or so.

Lemme know if anyone can throw in to make it a surgical strike on my truck!

I still have time to buy specific flavor beverages if some requests are made.

Kevin
Old 03-03-2005, 07:52 PM

btt
Old 03-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Contributing Member

be there bright and early (i think! )
Old 03-04-2005, 04:06 AM

Ah, I'm just going to miss it. I'm flying out Sunday Morning for a little week of vaca. Too bad, otherwise I would have leant a hand.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:22 PM

Woohooo!!!!

Picked up the tie rod puller and coil spring compressor....ready to lift the Yota...TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!

OK. Reality...If 24hrs from now I can report that I am lifted 2", I will be pretty damn happy...

I understand that this may seem like over exuberence...but its my first mod...I am still on original rubber at 38,000 miles...soon to be gone...and more "free" lift from the tires!!!

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-05-2005, 01:15 AM
Contributing Member

pm'd you

Hey i'll pm you w/ my #

But, don't call until noon (I'm sleeping til about then). Sorry i can't help much but I'd love to meet some people for a minute or three.

I'll drive the 95

wynn
Old 03-05-2005, 11:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Wynn,
You bought Leo's C. 95 runner? I used to wheel with him.
Your avatar shows what used to be his truck.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:54 AM

Thumbs up Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I say?

Life is good when you cross paths with good people...

I crossed paths with "Good Times" -Lance yesterday and life is great, My 4th Gen 4Runner has the 2" Daystar and rides like a champ, only with more trail-worthy clearance!!!!!

0700hrs - I started messing with my baby floor jack (too small), using cribbing to give the jack better lift. by 0830, had the Toy properly on Stands...well...I know...I had to *ick around with cribbing and stand setting. My jack stands are also too small and had to use the cross member to gain enough lift.
Then I placed stands on the Rear Axle Read the YotaTech instructions from a member and realized that was stupid...

So...Lance pulls in after 0900 hrs...thought maybe he would pass on working while on a sidetrip/vacation to LV...but no...he calls and is INBOUND!!!!!!!! Yeah Baby!

Front left took a while...but came together well...at one point we needed a cheater bar...now this sounds crazy, but we used my old single shot 12 ga. barrel, I unmounted it from the reciever and we used the chamber side to cheat the wrench!!!( I wonder if it shoots alittle left now??????

1130 hrs...moving to right front! Lance would like to be back to his life in 1.5 hrs! Can do?????

Left Front goes a little more quickly....Moving clockwise around the truck...Right Rear a few minor hangups, Left Rear was a flash!!!!!

1330? - Wheels On and Test ride - Sweet. Truck still has Nice feel, but much improved stance and clearance....SCHWING.

Plus - No ABS pinch, all is GOOD!

Left camera at work...will post pictures Later in the week.

THANK YOU LANCE.

THANK YOU YOTATECH and THOSE THAT FACILLITATE THIS BB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was directed to quality products by the members, given quality instructions on XREAS install complications and compatbility by this board, and finally installed in 1st qualitly fashion through the good nature of A Moderator.
Can't say enough...only that I would have looked far an wide to find a suitable shop that had the knowledge and experience of an Xreas Lift install.

Last edited by hkollie; 03-06-2005 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:48 PM
Contributing Member

That sounds great Kevin. I can't wait to see a modded fourth gen in person
Sorry i missed you all. I got off work that morning and slept a little (2.5 hours) and then went to lunch and had some family time.

Anthony-
Yeah it's Leo's 95. I put a flex a lite fan and changed a few things. I just put a Hannemann F/G hood (w/ a scoop ). I hope to get pics soon then paint it.

-wynn
Old 03-06-2005, 11:27 PM
Contributing Member

kevin, it was a pleasure meeting ya! btw just got back 45 min ago lol (rough time on da tables... ugh). anyway, i'm glad the install went smoothly aside the hiccups. if ya need anything else or run into any problems, just give me a buzz anytime.

post up them pix for everyone to see

good times!