03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

New Tires! New Wheels! PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by r0cky
I have the Revtek lift, and to be honest, I have not noticed any difference in the ride. If anything, it feels better to me, though I am not sure why. I have 4" in the front and am soon to have 3.5" in the rear from coils alone and shock mount relocators to keep shock travel stock.

There are a ton of good threads around here about the different lifts on 4th gens ... Also, NE is coming out with some great stuff soon. Some of us are already running their top-out spacers, and others are about to run the first full kit with Daystar spacers, NE spacers, NE coils, and NE shock relocators. We should be in full production with those kits come September 1st at the latest.

i appreciate the info and feedback. nice writeup you have on the self-install. very detailed.

it's too bad toyota decided to drop the stock clearance with the new runners. that pig belly of a gas tank is just begging to get whacked.

i miss the couple of xtra inches of clearance i had in my '90 xtracab.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by bubbamango
i appreciate the info and feedback. nice writeup you have on the self-install. very detailed.

it's too bad toyota decided to drop the stock clearance with the new runners. that pig belly of a gas tank is just begging to get whacked.

i miss the couple of xtra inches of clearance i had in my '90 xtracab.
Like r0cky had said (and many others will agree), if you are sensitive, then you will notice that suspension is slightly stiffer, which is better, because of less body lean. i drove around with stock tires and 4"/2.5" lift for several months, and did not notice much of a difference in ride quality. Now with the larger tires, the driving characteristic is different. More road feel and more bump steer.

I am very happy with the firestone in terms of looks and noise level. After big bear, I will let all know about how it handles the trails.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Banned

i can't wait to hear how you like those tires out on the trails!!
Old 07-30-2004, 03:35 PM
Banned

i just posted a thread about my new wheels ... help?
Old 07-31-2004, 06:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Good Times
can i steal some of the thunder?

Downey just called and it looks like they're on full production on the front coilovers. Finally and it's about time (I think they figured out where the potential was after the fact). Anyway just wanted to tell ya guys. Also it looks like they're gonna be making other stuff too (upper arms n such) apparently now (since my truck will be going back to em for more measurements).

Look to see them selling alot of stuff soon within the next few.

Don't forget Fabtech is also working on their own coilovers too (no exact word on the status since this is all heresay).
lance- you should start another thread on this because i would like a bit more info
Old 07-31-2004, 07:35 PM
Contributing Member

michael, that's about all i know right now i know the owner is not bs'in as i think he finally saw the potential in the 4th genners. anyway it was welcoming to hear his voice on my cell as we discussed some options on aftermarket stuff. if things go well i'll have alot to post on the downey products in the near future.

i'll keep all of ya in the loop as i get the feed from them
Old 01-15-2006, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by timber725
Looked down in this thread, but couldn't see any pictures. Could you check what's happened?
Old 01-15-2006, 12:29 PM
Contributing Member

Maybe cause the thread is over a year and a half old now.