03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

4th Gen w/ 33x12.5's

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2003, 06:39 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I was wondering what that white stuff on the ground was...
Old 11-08-2003, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by jgs9455
Being from PHOENIX myself, I've heard that the "white stuff" is referred to as "snow"....

I'm lost too...
Old 11-08-2003, 06:50 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jgs9455
Yep, i thought those pictures were taken on one of the beaches in the Florida Pan Handle.
Old 11-08-2003, 08:15 PM

You know, usually I'm pretty good @ putting together a smart ass response...but I'm @ a loss of words pertaining to the "white stuff" at the moment. A little too much in the system right now. Yeah, it's cold as hell back here right now...-10 with windchill tonight.

And Momo, just curious if you got that tacoma skid plate in yet, or were able to find one off ebay? If not, I can probably get you one for about $100 if you want it...let me know. That's all I got for now boys. Back to work.

Billy
Old 11-08-2003, 08:22 PM

Billy,
Your truck looks right, tight and outta sight!
Good job, go reap the benefits! Thanks for posting all the details
Old 11-08-2003, 08:38 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by fourunnabilly
You know, usually I'm pretty good @ putting together a smart ass response...but I'm @ a loss of words pertaining to the "white stuff" at the moment. A little too much in the system right now. Yeah, it's cold as hell back here right now...-10 with windchill tonight.

And Momo, just curious if you got that tacoma skid plate in yet, or were able to find one off ebay? If not, I can probably get you one for about $100 if you want it...let me know. That's all I got for now boys. Back to work.

Billy
Not to be a smart ass but isn't hell hot?

I am actually tracking a couple on e-bay right now.....sorry to anybody that has current bids.......you will be outbid in the last 5 seconds.....
Old 11-08-2003, 09:09 PM

Yeah, it's cold as hell back here right now...-10 with windchill tonight. Billy

I can't even imagine living in a climate that goes down to -10. I spent one semester at University of Wisconsin in Superior. The tempts in winter would hit -30 with wind chill. Wisconsin is a beautiful state in spring and summer and the people are great, however, it took one winter there for me to know that I was in the wrong place!
Old 11-08-2003, 09:25 PM

Momo-

Why ya gotta hit a brother when he's down??

Yeah, I would have to agree that hell is probably much warmer than Bozeman, MT. Glad to hear you are tracking the skid plates...and even happier to see that you use ebay in the same fashion I do...just break thier hearts at the last second...

Thanks for the compliments First Toy...you guys are a fine group to work with. Enjoy your sunshine.

Billy
Old 11-09-2003, 02:21 AM
Contributing Member

That looks great. Again, nice job with the info and the detail.

I'm green with envy.:alien: Nice work Billy.

Wait, what is the deal with your indicator lights? Did you reset them or what? If so, how'd you do it. Also have you had any other lights come on, VSC Trac, and so on?

Thanks,

Doug M.

Last edited by 02Runner; 11-09-2003 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:34 AM
Contributing Member

Yes man, what happend with your warning lights? Ever get them to go off?
Old 11-09-2003, 08:11 AM

The Warning Lights...

Warning Lights...good question...and I have an answer. I discovered this weekend that not only did I snap the ABS wires on both sides when adding the lift, but also broke the Abs plug that goes into the disc on the front right, and put a small hole in the front right brake line in the last metal piece before it turns to rubber and connects to the disc. The front left has been reconnected, lengthened a little, and fixed. I am going to do the smae with the front right ABS wires this week. The new metal brake line will be in one tues for $6 thru the dealer. It is now just crimped off, so I guess I have a "three wheel brake mod, with an accompaning "Christmas Tree Variable Colored Dash Light Mod". I just need to go in and order the little plug and get that on and all will be fixed. I'll post later in the week once I have confirmed that all is up and running and the lights are reset. As dumb as all of this make me appear, it was comforting to actually finally see what was wrong. Will be both a quick and cheap fix...as long as the brakes and my crimp dont give way in the next day or two. I guess at the very least I'll just be braking with the tranny. The only other light I can't get rid of is the MAINT light. It flashes 7-8 times every time I start the vehicle and then goes off. Manual calls for an oil change, but that has been done. It has been doing this ever since the FIPK...? You guys have any answers there? I'll keep ya posted.

Billy

Thanks for the ups, 02Runner
Old 11-09-2003, 08:21 AM

Your mistakes don't make you look stupid. They are going to help people in the future when they lift their trucks. Think of yourself as one of the pioneers!
I think you and Lefty are the pioneers...there is a 3rd one too right?

Pretty soon, people will say, "Oh lifting a 4th is easy just do this and that, watch out for this,etc"
You should add all this info into the TECH section on lifting a 4th gen!
Ask Corey about it.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:34 AM

First Toy-

Yeah, I hear ya. I was actually working with Corey earlier in the week trying to resolve some other issues...I don't know him that well, but he seems like a great guy...one of the main moderators, right?? I could definitely put together a write up for the 4th gen's to help the rest of you. Is there a way to store it in the archives or something so it can be viewed as needed? Let me know what I need to do. Thanks.

Billy
Old 11-09-2003, 10:39 AM

Got a question for ya:

Anybody have any ideas on how i can reset that MAINT light?? Any would be appreciated. Thanks.

Billy
Old 11-09-2003, 12:20 PM
Contributing Member

Billy,

My maintenance light was going off from ~8k-10k miles. Finally I took it in for my 4th Oil change which was at 10k and it went off just before I arrived at the dealer!

Anywho, I told them about it and they must have done something to reset it electronically. If you're around that mileage, that may be your only problem! I should be getting my 2003 4Runner manual for electronics this week. I think it's volume 1 of the 3 offerred. If I can find it I'll post the info on one of these threads.

Doug M.

I have volume 2 if anyone would like specific info on something. It covers: engine, body, chasis and some electrical (but not in great detail).

Last edited by 02Runner; 11-09-2003 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:54 PM

I grew up in Chicago and learned to ski in the UP. There's a reason yuppers are just a little off

Too cold for me. And it is way too early for snow.
Old 11-09-2003, 02:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Warning Lights...

The only other light I can't get rid of is the MAINT light. It flashes 7-8 times every time I start the vehicle and then goes off. Manual calls for an oil change, but that has been done. It has been doing this ever since the FIPK...? You guys have any answers there? I'll keep ya posted.

Billy

Look in the owners manual under oil change or maintenance light, it will tell you how to shut it off, it will eventually stay on constantly after you hit 7500 miles thats when I decided to shut it off.

Sweet Truck, do you have any future plans to swap in leather seats
Old 11-09-2003, 05:39 PM

Edge and Doug-

Thanks for the help guys. Yeah, I think she just turned around 6500 miles...came on around the 5k mark and I went to change my oil, but still didn't go off. I'll check out the owners manual again to see what I can find as far as resetting it. As much as I would love leather seats, I think I'm just gonna get in some Okeles in once I get the $. Had them on a past vehicle and loved em to death. Though the rig looks clean, I seem to stay fairly dirty myself, so they work great for me. Plus, it's time for her to hit the woods and snow now. Later.

Billy
Old 11-10-2003, 11:08 AM

Billy - super cool looking rig - love the snow shots as well! Don't see much of that stuff - thank GOD! Wanted to know about the air bags - I have a motorbike haluler that sits across the back out of the reciever hitch. 300 lb KTM LC$ 640 and I know it will sag. Air bags would be perfect for me but all I hear is nothing for an 04 runner????? Can you fill me in on what PP stands for and any other specifics about the bags. Thanks and good job on the rig. It took me 7 inches of lift (4sus and 3 body) on my 96 ranger to fit 33's. Don't plan to wheel this one as much but still have the bug to punch thing out!
Old 11-10-2003, 02:34 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Billy, where'd you buy those rubber stoppers and how thick are they?

"I'm tinkin' of doin' the same thing!"

Thanks,

Doug M.

Quick Reply: 4th Gen w/ 33x12.5's