Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What was in original tool kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Here is what is in mine. Got the jack and long hooked rod for the spare under the rear seats. Cool wrenches you found!

Last edited by az4x4runner; 02-11-2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: better image
Old 02-11-2010, 03:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
those wrenches are pretty sweet! what else you been finding at the flea markets? anything else Toyota related??
Old 02-15-2010, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I started to collect old tools so that is what I look for. I sometimes see Toyota bags the jack stuff comes in. The handle and rod to lower the spare. Not much else.

These 3 Toyota wrenches just sold on ebay for $51 plust $12 shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

I think my little Toyota tool collection is worth more than my pickup.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:52 AM

My Landcruiser came with some of the open ended wrenches and also an adjustable.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:23 PM

How cool! I would wear that adjustable around my neck.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:59 AM

Pretty soon I am going to corner the market. I saw a Toyota bag. When I opened it up I saw the usual jack and lug nut stuff. In the bottom was an adjustable, the third one from the top. Guy said it was from a Landcruiser. He sold me just the adjustable for $2.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:55 PM

I just bought me another First gen truck, its been a good truck so far... well Today I went to throw some 6x9's behind the seat and found this little bag of goodies.... Ive searched all over the place and haven't found to much info on it, I Called a few places who specialize in vintage yotas and they've never seen a kit this complete. It has two open end wrenches 10,12,14,17, a pair of pliers, Spark plug socket and handle, Lug wrench and handle, some little black piece not sure what that does, a Adjustable wrench and a little bag of brake bleeder caps.

I know most of you like pics so I took those too lol.

Last edited by dezrik; 08-27-2011 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:51 PM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by dezrik
some little black piece not sure what that does
Looks like the tool one would use to jump the diagnostic connectors.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:18 PM

I was thinkin the same ting, Scoob.....and also the round part to check spark plug gap......?
Old 08-27-2011, 09:05 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow, what a cool hobby! I'm going to keep an eye out from now on! lol. It also caused me to think, ..."DO I have ANY IN THERE?" .... not even sure if I have my thing to lower the spare, ...which I have to do soon to put a 31 on there..... I FEEL SHAMED for not even thinking of that til now! lol. I mean, I don't need it to get it out...but I should have that tool! hahaha

BTW, lil story; Sorry for the tangent, but it's related to Toyota Tools and my ignorance of them at the time! lol... when I was 25 or so, I got my first toy,an 83 SR5 with 32K on it!!!! Paid a tweeker 1300$!

So anyway, I took my girlfriend to the Sierras, to show off, etc. and I woke up after a night of hot springs and , ...yeah,.....and noticed the truck was leaning! hahaha. Yeah, a flat! LOL.... Well, it was snowing, about -10*F, and on my back, I tried everything to figure out how to get that dang spare down! lol...... Well, up came this guy, who lived in his Toyota Dolphin..... FROM MY TOWN! He was homeless, aside from the truck, and said, "Lemme take a look, eh?" I played with his puppies while he started to laugh! lol. He said, ..... "Look behind your seat, there's a lil green bag I betcha......" ... So look I did, and there I found a lil green 'TOYOTA' bag.... he opened it, pulled out the thing and spinnnnnnnn, down came the tire! lol. At this point... I felt pretty silly in front of my GF, but he was so cool, kept saying, "Oh, it's ok, it's your first Toy! Everyone has to learn all it's lil 'quirks' .... here's the manual in your glove and it shows you all this stuff"... lol. I fed the guy a bunch of food and he gave half of it to his dogs, before he even ate.... Slid him a 50 dollar bill because I was so grateful and 6 months later, ....he passed away from Pneumonia! Honored I got to meet him! That's my first experience with "Toyota Tools" lol.

Right after we got back from the trip, I rolled RIGHT INTO SEARS and I got NEW TIRES! lol.... Just had them put on in this pic.... Notice my GF laughing? yeah, guess why? hahaha>>
Old 08-28-2011, 08:39 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Nice story, shocking that the truck looked so nice after acquiring it from a tweeker.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Right after we got back from the trip, I rolled RIGHT INTO SEARS and I got NEW TIRES! lol.... Just had them put on in this pic.... Notice my GF laughing? yeah, guess why? hahaha>>
Since this is a family site, I won't speculate. I am curious, why was she laughing?
Old 08-28-2011, 09:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
beleive it or not, my 85 has the complete tool set in the original green bag, and it even has the bong jack!!

i wish i had some of those flea martket finds thoughh
Old 08-28-2011, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by se7enine
Nice story, shocking that the truck looked so nice after acquiring it from a tweeker.
Yeah, ... he was in early stages of it, where you keep everything CLEANNNN! lol. It was his Gramma's, she gave it to him, and he was about to sell it to these Mexican Gangsters for some speed.... and I pled with him, 'DON'T DISHONOR HER LIKE THAT, MAN!'..... He asked how much I had, I told him, TRUTHFULLY, and the next day, it had a new home 3 doors down the street in my driveway. It was IMMACULATE! AC still worked flawlessly, etc.

Originally Posted by Resto-noob
Since this is a family site, I won't speculate. I am curious, why was she laughing?
Hahahaha... As per the story I told.... she was laughing cuz as she was leaning out the window sticking her tongue out, I told her, "roll up the window so we can get the tint in the shot..... It helped you to hide in embarrassment while I tried to figure out how to get the stupid spare down, didn't it?" .... she laughed, leaned forward to get in the shot.... and that's it. lol. Actually, she was cracking up, and razzed me a lil after that, .....but shortly after, I re-did all the brakes, tune up, new plugs, etc., etc., ....and she seemed to be impressed, lol.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:53 AM

Just marking this again... need to browse... anything new?
Old 11-10-2011, 01:53 PM

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Good to know what came in the bag.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tool Pants
I have a 1988 long bed extra-cab that I bought in 1989.

At the flea market this morning I saw this Toyota adjustable wrench. So I bought it.

It has been so many years that I could not remember what my truck came with. So I searched the truck.

I have the long rod that you use for the jack or for the spare which is stored behind the seat. There is an extension piece for that rod - I guess because I have a long bed - but I do not need to use the extension it to lower or raise the spare.

There is a crank handle for the rod.

There is a lug nut wrench.

There is a green tool bag.

When I bought the truck it had the extension, handle, and lug nut wrench in the green tool bag.

Were there any other tools included. I have the owner's manual and all it shows is that there is a tool bag under the passenger seat.
Hey Tool Pants..... I was wondering... I'm having a really hard time locating the 'REST OF' that spare tire lowering apparatus, .....any chance you have an extra piece I could buy? (The longer piece with the hook on it, ...think that's all I need. I will look again to see if it fell down and got wedged in a 'not easy to find spot', being held in place, suspended, by some syrup or something, hahaha... But I just can't find one. Maybe toyota has one? lol.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
The longer piece with the hook on it, ...think that's all I need. Maybe toyota has one? lol.
Looks like Toyota does have it:
http://www.toyotapartseast.com/Page_...2261,2262,2263

http://www.utoyot8.com/Picture.aspx?...&ccode=&ppName=

Old 11-10-2011, 05:43 PM

Nevermind, .... It was in there with the jack. The plastic holders are there, but one is broken, .... I WOULD BET that would be impossible to get from Toyota, eh? lol.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:45 PM

Hey, thanks alot, RW, ... appreciate that! I just saw your post after I posted, of course, lol.

You know the plastic clip thingymadoers I'm speaking of? I'm going to have to scavenge the yards next time I'm out(They don't often have 1st gens... wonder if the 2nd gen clips are the same,.......hmmmmmmm. hahaha.

Quick Reply: What was in original tool kit