Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

what emissions crap can i take off my 93 22re and how do i do it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 06:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol, abe.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:44 PM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
i want my freaking lollipop abe...

justin, you make me laugh...
we arent saying that you are a bad person or you are morally wrong for what you do, we are just trying to get the point across to you and anyone else who reads this thread that it IS agains federal law to remove factory installed emissions equipment...

you did it and got better idle, thats cool.. id love to figure out my idle gremlin, but i cant... props to you for doing so with yours...

abe, once again, you prove to me why your my hero...
altho, sometimes i think your too freaking smart...

anyone else wanna ...

or should we take my grandpa's advice and "stop arguing with the tree!"

Last edited by space-junk; 05-16-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
lmao Abe

easy though; WabFab's been keep'n a close eye on the profanity, even in posted videos, although I'll admit he's been staying under the radar lately I'm surprised he hasn't spoke out yet in this thread, lol
Old 05-16-2009, 08:45 PM

bleeder, ill bet you after a few mins he'll post something witty, like 'who said my name?' .... o wait thats the cougar... oh great now we'll have 2 banhammers in here... lol.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We're not really still talking about this crap, are we? Unbelieveable....

Ok, I'm breaking federal laws. Is that what's going to make everyone happy? Is it over now? I'm a criminal and I'm killing the planet. You guys are right, I'm wrong. My vehicle is illegal and shouldn't be on the road, yours are all perfectly legal and don't even polute.

Some states have lift laws that say you can't modify your suspension in any way, shape or form. Does that mean I should comply with those laws even though I don't live in those states? Have any of you "perfect ones" discharged R12 freon into the atmosphere? Oh I'm sure you'll never admit it in this thread, but that's against FEDERAL LAW. What makes you better than me or anybody else? Chastise me for removing my EGR, but are you really that innocent and high and mighty to be judging me?

I don't even know what point you guys are trying to make anymore. I'm breaking federal laws, whatever that means. I can still register, buy, sell, trade my vehicle in my city with no problems regardless of "federal requirements". I'm a criminal. Take me to jail or sue me, but don't call me late for dinner.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Contributing Member

I'm saying do what you want to do, it's your vehicle... 'cause you're going to anyway, otherwise you wouldn't have argued about this so much, and would have just agreed with everyong by now

everyone here has just tried to give you a little more info on the subject to help you out some, not put you down or say you're a bad person of anything

Old 05-16-2009, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
I'm saying do what you want to do, it's your vehicle... 'cause you're going to anyway, otherwise you wouldn't have argued about this so much, and would have just agreed with everyong by now

everyone here has just tried to give you a little more info on the subject to help you out some, not put you down or say you're a bad person of anything

Sounds good. I'm not sure what relevant information I was missing on the subject, but I'll take that into serious consideration next time I turn the key on my truck. From one gross polluter to another.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Justinlhc
From one gross polluter to another.
lmao

I'm not going to argue, and I'll be the first to agree that it's wrong... my truck will technically by law, be illegal after my motor rebuild... BUT, I've done worse... let's leave it at that...
Old 05-16-2009, 09:27 PM

lmao

I'm not going to argue, and I'll be the first to agree that it's wrong... my truck will technically by law, be illegal after my motor rebuild... BUT, I've done worse... let's leave it at that...

If I'm going to federal prison for the rest of my life, I'm taking you with me.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:33 AM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
We're not really still talking about this crap, are we? Unbelieveable....

Ok, I'm breaking federal laws. Is that what's going to make everyone happy? Is it over now? I'm a criminal and I'm killing the planet. You guys are right, I'm wrong. My vehicle is illegal and shouldn't be on the road, yours are all perfectly legal and don't even polute.

Some states have lift laws that say you can't modify your suspension in any way, shape or form. Does that mean I should comply with those laws even though I don't live in those states? Have any of you "perfect ones" discharged R12 freon into the atmosphere? Oh I'm sure you'll never admit it in this thread, but that's against FEDERAL LAW. What makes you better than me or anybody else? Chastise me for removing my EGR, but are you really that innocent and high and mighty to be judging me?

I don't even know what point you guys are trying to make anymore. I'm breaking federal laws, whatever that means. I can still register, buy, sell, trade my vehicle in my city with no problems regardless of "federal requirements". I'm a criminal. Take me to jail or sue me, but don't call me late for dinner.
one more time, buddy...
here we go now, follow the bouncing ball...

WE DONT CARE WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR TRUCK; ITS YOUR TRUCK...
got it?

there we go...
now, we arent saying that we are perfect... never once did any of us imply or say that... we are simply stating the FACTS and you are arguing with us...
it doesnt matter what state your from or what city your in in that state because as long as you are on US soil, you are governed by federal laws...

that said, your local PD may not give 2 shakes about smog, and thats cool... but the fact remains that it is a law that could potentially cost you a lot of money in repairs if ever you are given a ticket for it... we are saying for the negligible gains that you get it wouldnt be worth it for most... now, in your situation, you got something out of it, AND the cops dont shiv a git, cool! you do what you do... more power to ya... i just dont see the cost/reward bennefit to be worth it for me...

FWIW, ive NEVER released R12 freon into the atmosphere because the ONLY vehicle i have ever owned didnt have a charged A/C system... and not to toot my own horn, but my truck smogged better this year than it did when it was new... darn near spotless for a truck of this vintage...

Last edited by space-junk; 05-17-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by space-junk
one more time, buddy...
here we go now, follow the bouncing ball...
Why do you have to be a sarcastic punk? Don't talk condescending to me.

... we are simply stating the FACTS and you are arguing with us...
it doesnt matter what state your from or what city your in in that state because as long as you are on US soil, you are governed by federal laws...
Ummm....I'm pretty sure I've agreed with that SEVERAL TIMES. Here are a few of them in case you missed them.

Yes, there are laws that say you need them.

Ok, I'm breaking federal laws.
I'm a criminal and I'm killing the planet. You guys are right, I'm wrong. My vehicle is illegal and shouldn't be on the road,
I'm breaking federal laws, whatever that means.
I'm a criminal.

FWIW, ive NEVER released R12 freon into the atmosphere because the ONLY vehicle i have ever owned didnt have a charged A/C system...
Like I said:
Oh I'm sure you'll never admit it in this thread,

At this point I have agreed with your "point" several times. Is there really a reason to argue about it anymore?
Old 05-19-2009, 04:59 PM

Wow only thing you guys can bandy other than the back to the feture truck more then a few pages and have it mean almost nothing is this..... XD J/k All good info but seriously? 3 pages of this?
Old 05-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by IngSoc
Wow only thing you guys can bandy other than the back to the feture truck more then a few pages and have it mean almost nothing is this..... XD J/k All good info but seriously? 3 pages of this?
me and RMA are running out of popcorn

Old 06-28-2009, 03:07 PM

well to throw in my $0.02, I'm currently rebuilding the 22re in my 91 PU. With 296k miles on all the original emmission stuff, it's all getting romoved; none of it's going back on during the assymbely. I opted not to install the cat when I installed my exhaust system a little while ago, and during the rebuild I'm removing the EGR and PAIR systems, and blocking them all off with plates from LC Engineering. It'll take some of the clutter away from under the hood (probably loose more than half the vaccum lines ), and I think my EGR valve was sticking open to begin with. And the PAIR system is very annoying to listen to after I re-routed the tube that comes up from the top of it...

I'm by no means looking for performance gains or MPG gains, but hell it's all already removed, and it's just less to worry about breaking later down the road if I just take them out of the equation

i think like this guy, i'm looking to delete my emmisions crap. it's not a performance thing either.. the air pump is screaming at my motor and my motor has told me it dont like all that crap under the hood anyway.. it told me this b/c of how sorry it runs. i like the idea of having less crap to break on me, and a little extra room under the engine bay to stare at my motor...hahaha.

my truck is a 90 carb based truck, i think it'll run just fine w/o all the crap.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:40 PM

i read ALOT more then i post. I just never really have much to say, but i do have to say the EGR fight is kind of funny, but really silly.

to all their own. we are here to help others with their problems and questions right?

my egr equipment is going to go b/c I dont want it, it's see it's better days, i'm not paying the $$$$$ to replace it.

as i read once somewhere.. an engine that is properly maintained (even w/o the emissions) does not cause much pollution. the real polluters are power plants, factories, exc..

Last edited by korn111685; 06-28-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lmfao

Last edited by yotarover; 06-30-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:39 PM

well.. i took my egr apart and it was pluged up with black gue gunk from running rich for a long time. i cleaned it out and put it back together.. also fixed my carb from running rich.

can i tell difference in the idle? not a whole lot. not enought to keep me from deleteing it. i figure it ran fine before i cleaned it.. it will run fine when it's not there. i must have been running it like this for 15,000 miles with no problems. other then my carb got trash in it, which was my fault and thats why i fixed it.

so i guess when i get around to ordering the block off kit, and figure out how i'm going to run my ac w/o the air pump i'll be deleting the egr and related parts. i need to build me some sort of idler pully for the belt running the ac.

Last edited by korn111685; 07-04-2009 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Contributing Member

just thought I'd ad a little more

My LCE order came in yesterday, which included the block-off plates for the EGR and PAIR system

EGR Cross-over pipe:

head to EGR valve on passenger's side of head:

EGR mounting, on back of intake manifold:

PAIR blockoff at header:

all that is left is blocking off the mess of vaccum lines, but I'll figure that out a little later on down the road
Old 09-21-2011, 09:36 PM

Gorgeous.............you you you hater of clean air. LOL
Old 02-12-2012, 08:23 PM

I know this is an older thread, but, I'm curious & a newbie to Toyota's. So, it seems to me, that if the EGR system & PAIR system was so important to retain, why would Toyota delete said emission components from there motors that are run in Japan ? I'm also curious to as to why someone like LCE, which to my understanding is one of the Toyota aftermarket motor God's, would make EGR & PAIR system block off plates if these to system were so necessary & could cause catostrophic failure of these motors ?

Hope the above doesnt sound sarcastic or idiotic

Quick Reply: what emissions crap can i take off my 93 22re and how do i do it?