Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Update on my HHO project

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 02:23 PM
bw1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hho generator

I recently got one of these units: http://cgi.ebay.ca/HYDRO-SUPER-2-a-c...QQcmdZViewItem

There's a video of the unit on a dodge 360v8 supposedly upping the mpg from 10 to 14: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jh0uaBd_sw

I just installed in on my 91 toyota pickup 22re/5spd 4x4 340K. I've got to do some tweaking on the setup and may relocate the cell to infront of the rad but its in. I'll try and follow up with some testing results soon.
Old 04-26-2008, 03:03 PM

sorry kiwi, I havn't tested my milage since i reached low altitude socal. bun in CO i was getting 16 street 20 highway
Old 04-26-2008, 09:00 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So how are you going to know if it's the altitude or the HHO that's making your mileage different?
Old 04-26-2008, 09:31 PM

I do agree with tc just to help your credibility.

Now if you are suddenly getting like 25mpg im going to assume it works regardless of if you post any decent average mpg. (that good of mileage is ridiculous to consider unless your going downhill on a full take of gas....)

But if your getting 20mpg... we won't know if that is just what you got before . Do at least 5 tanks if you could. This will just help your credibility if it works.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:11 PM

ok. 1st on the milage. I am going to buy an electronic milage reader to use and test, the system, when complete will have the ability to be turned on and off, so testing the MPG shouldn't be an issue when i get to that.

There's been a setback. i tested my cell with the glued components so to test HHO production. theres leaks. it's not air tight. i managed to temporarily get it sealed to test the gas with the same 5v cel charger. it did ok, not a huge amount of HHO put off, but enough to light it and have it pop like a fire cracker. with a friend across the street who gave me a 12v DC converter, we tested it again. LOTS of HHO. we lit a couple bubbles thru a bubbler for safety and it was like a gun going off! our ears where ringing from a dime sized bubble. massive compression on the explosions. this is all good. but...

I barely dropped one of my lids and it cracked. I took the other off and flexed it a little to see if i was nuts. it cracked. crap. I'm scrapping this jar design. I am going to move to another design that i found online. this guy has a v6 tacoma & is doing a bang up job with the documentation. I'll following his lead. I'll keep my progress going too. so N@ (next actions)
- build new airtight housing
- construct new core with all this good stainless i have
- back to putting it into the truck.

I think i'm going to mount it in the cabin alond the back, run the HHO gas tube and electricity like one would for an amp, into the engine compartment. I'll have pictures up of the mounting soon.

Peace, i'll post this on its own also
Old 04-27-2008, 06:41 PM

Well i give u props man I'm seriously considering this if it all works out good.
ben following the whole time.
Keep up the good work
Skylar
Old 04-27-2008, 07:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you know I was going to say something about how glass jars seemed kind of weak, but you beat me to it

anyway, good luck and keep us posted.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:40 PM

EVERYONE should take this seriously. 90% of you aren't smart enough to understand it, and most of you are skeptical, but even if the end result would be that less energy is being created than used, a dual alternator wouldn't hurt!

I've been completely obsessed with the theory of separating H20 with electrolysis into HHO. I did days and days of research about it. I might have missed the part where you mentioned the engine you've got; I'm assuming that you're working with a 22re. I plan on working on electrolysis with my 22R in the future. The near future will be a propane conversion, but I'd like to develop a system that creates hydrogen on demand as opposed to your disassociation of electrons/wave patterns.
Anyways, back on track. I read you've got an issue with room. Why don't you relocate your battery under your bed?
Also, you said that you don't want to go with mason jars anymore. Based on the research i have done, you can use stainless steel light switch covers x 5 to fracture the water into HHO. Spread them evenly, and charge them appropriately. All you would need is KOH potassium hydroxide as a catalyst inside your electrolyser to aid in the process. PCV pipes are commonly used to house the anode and cathode plates for fracturing of the water. don't forget a bubbler so that any backfire will not go to the source of the HHO creation.

What kind of frequencies are you using to fracture it? Do you plan on trying to control the frequencies of radio waves so that you are creating the right amount of fuel for your throttle response, in the future, or are you just going to settle with having the hydrogen and oxygen being dispersed into your intake at a steady flow?

I have a couple PDF's that are like 500KB in size and I cannot upload them. I want you guys to see them. The data is a goldmine for anyone willing to read it and process it. It is so intriguing.
edit
Instead of uploading them, I found them from their original source
http://www.theorionproject.org/en/do...lyAndBoyce.pdf

http://www.theorionproject.org/en/documents/

you have to read these. Hope you guys like my contribution! Good luck everyone, and i hope to defeat the oil company. $3.78 a gallon is killing us all!!! I'll definitely be following the progression here.

EDIT: Kiwi, i admire your build, if you didn't already know. the reason i asked if i could bolt up a carb intake to a 3800 is because i'd want to convert one to propane and then eventually run that carb on HHO instead of propane Instead, i'll just do that with what i have. I already have 3 running 22r's lol now all i've gotta do is convert to propane and get it at $2.60 a gallon to save up for my electrolysis infatuation.
Attached Thumbnails Update on my HHO project-waterfuel4.gif   Update on my HHO project-waterfuel7.gif   Update on my HHO project-waterfuel8.gif  

Last edited by Erick; 04-27-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:06 AM

im starting this project soon on my moms 2005 corolla. I went through all our cars and it by far has the most space in the engine compartment, and its still a toyota

the only problem is the money, i made the cylinder a while ago, now ive gotta get hoses and start cutting!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:13 AM

IMHO, it would be easier to start this project on a lawn mower or something simple first before you move on to an almost brand new car. I plan on doing something like this idea i've stated, but i know that the end result will be me converting my propane 22r's to run with hydrogen on demand through the propane mixer. 22r's have less wiring and no ECU to try and mess with the experiment. newer cars are made for gas. they will need more modding than older vehicles with less wiring. The wiring was put in to make the engines "more efficient" but that stuff is useless.

I read that HHO systems cause rust in the engine because the only by product is H2O, but a way around this is to replace parts with stainless steel, aluminum, or ceramic coat everything.
Theoretically, if you were able to complete a conversion and have something efficient enough to daily drive, once the engine is cleansed, you could route some of the exhaust right into the intake for the electrolyser and reuse your water for fuel. Lol!
Old 04-28-2008, 10:16 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Great - the pool for available data deepens!

Seriously - take MPG data for 10 tanks before you start the mod. Basically, reset the trip odometer every time you fill up, and record the mileage and the amount of fuel dispensed each time. Then do your mods and record the data for another 10 tanks, and send it to me (or post it here). You have to drive similarly for both sets of data. 10 tanks should be enough to even out any highway/city variation. Do not make any other modifications to the car (tires, etc). Ideally, you need to check your tire air pressure very regularly.

I will statistically analyze the data and supply a confidence level of basically how sure you can be that this system TRULY resulted in a MPG difference.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:24 AM

Why settle for HHO assist when you can have full HHO?

I've been brainstorming a system. I have not read if HHO can be safely stored without rebonding into H2O, but if it can, why not run a propane mixer with a regulator and create hydrogen to be stored in an onboard tank that gets used like a propane tank and feeds the mixer for regular throttle control, completely eliminating the need for gasoline or extra wiring? it wouldn't need more than 35PSI. That way, the mixer controls the amount of gas you need instead of having to rely on the radio waves you are sending through the electrolyser based on your throttle to fracture the H2O into HHO.

I could set it up so that the electrolyser would kick on every time the storage tank drops below a certain PSI, and kicks off when it reaches that ideal storage psi. The tank wouldn't even have to hold that much HHO to be able to feed the propane mixer enough fuel to keep the vehicle performing like an average internal combustion engine is powering it. Besides, the more HHO you store, the bigger the catastrophic bang will be if the system backfires on you and explodes. Lol
Old 04-28-2008, 11:00 AM

If HHO rebonds into H2O over a time period and cannot be stored, then i think it would be possible to set up a system that stores the HHO gas (browns gas) and recirculates the H2O that forms and puddles on the bottom of the storage tank back into the electrolyser to go through the electrolysis process again. I wonder if temperature has an affect on HHO?
Old 04-28-2008, 12:44 PM
tc
Contributing Member

Temperature always has an effect on materials. For gases, it's the ideal gas law:

PV = nRT
Old 04-28-2008, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Erick
EVERYONE should take this seriously. 90% of you aren't smart enough to understand it, and most of you are skeptical
I would be very careful with that claim you'll find there are alot of very smart people on here. You'll also find several engineering PHD.

I'm in the skeptical catagory. I know the general idea works. However, the marketing and all this HHO crap has me questioning it. There is no such thing as HHO gas. Its either water, water vapor, or hydrogen and oxygen. In the normal everyday environment those are the only forms water will exist in. If it actually worked people would be developing it and marketing it in the main stream and they would not be hiding behind redicoulous phyiscs terms

Your adding anothe flamable gas to the combustion you should be able to get more power or more economy out of it. The problem becomes energy conservation laws. I haven't done the math to see if it works. Your adding another fuel. In this case distilled water. Even if you do increase your mpg make sure you account for the cost of the distilled water and the time it takes to fill the silly thing.

Anyway best of luck. If nothing else it will be a fun science expirement in Hydrogen. Try not to blow yourself up.

Last edited by gte718p; 04-28-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by gte718p
If it actually worked people would be developing it and marketing it in the main stream and they would not be hiding behind redicoulous phyiscs terms
To a degree this is true, but i believe the government has been trying to hide it as well.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:25 AM

Did Everyone Miss This ?

Jack Nicholson was driving a full Hydrogren Car in the 70's.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJVzySk0Pks[/YOUTUBE]

Wonder what happened to it and the company that made the car? Do a Little research and you will see the car was reposed and the company shut down by the government
Old 05-07-2008, 05:00 AM

I say keep at it Renofox. Anyone who wants to tell him how it "won't" work go to his original thread that got high jacked and put your comments there. Let him have this thread for his findings and any help he may get. I'm watching your progress reno and looking forward to see how it works out.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:24 AM
tc
Contributing Member

Let's see some data!
Old 05-07-2008, 07:57 AM

DAMN--this would be something else if you got it to work out. It defies Thermal Efficiency--but hell what do i know!!

Props and I really hope it works

Quick Reply: Update on my HHO project