Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

some toyota dream cars in australia

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, I really like that Landcruiser Pickup. I'd be all over that if they had those here.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Australia really does have a lot of cool trucks. Especially the hiliux. Though most of them come standard as a flatbed. You have to special order one with a normal (americanized) bed. The police trucks are killer. They all come stock with snorkels and cages in the back for storing drunks.

Mitsubishi (triton) also has some nice trucks down under.

THe coolest car, by far, is the Holden Commodore (El Camino style utility vehicle...AKA "ute")

Last edited by DupermanDave; 10-10-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:24 PM

il ove my hilux.. i bought it from japan and had it shipped.. the diesel engine is sweet and its cleaner than a 1 year old truck is here..

once they are 15 years old i can bring ANY CAR I WANT INTO MY DRIVEWAY
Old 10-10-2009, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by bigt
il ove my hilux.. i bought it from japan and had it shipped.. the diesel engine is sweet and its cleaner than a 1 year old truck is here..

once they are 15 years old i can bring ANY CAR I WANT INTO MY DRIVEWAY
I'd say it's worth it to import a deisel hilix if customers here in the northern america region are looking for a toyota/deisel.

I'm looking to do just the opposite. I'm going to export myself and my truck ro australia for an off-road adventure across the continent. (at least that's a dream I have.)
Old 10-10-2009, 04:08 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DupermanDave
I'm looking to do just the opposite. I'm going to export myself and my truck ro australia for an off-road adventure across the continent. (at least that's a dream I have.)
Partner I'm looking at moving to Australia for work (if I can find the right job at the right pay) and will damn sure be taking the 4runner with me.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Junkers88
Partner I'm looking at moving to Australia for work (if I can find the right job at the right pay) and will damn sure be taking the 4runner with me.
Good luck. They hire from within the country first, so try and find a sponsor first before you fly yourself there. Wish American would do the same (hire within, rather than foreigners first) That's another topic though.

You could probably get a job as a mechanic. That's a skill they're looking for and you could easily find a sponsor for that,
Old 10-10-2009, 05:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by camo31"10.50"
is it just me...or are those vehicles FUGLY

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. No way. I'd take that over any BMW anyday. Those Aussie Cruisers are a perfect example of form following function- have a look at the old Series Land Rovers. Same deal there, timeless beauty.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Matt16
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude. No way. I'd take that over any BMW anyday. Those Aussie Cruisers are a perfect example of form following function- have a look at the old Series Land Rovers. Same deal there, timeless beauty.
lol. Every car in Australia looks as if it's ready for an off-road activity. Doesn't matter if you're in downtown Brisbane or the beach. Everything looks like it's ready to swerve off the pavement and hit the dirt.

Google search "roo bar" and you'll see even 4-door coupes with grill guards (AKA roo bars)
Old 11-18-2009, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We might have better 4x4's in standard form, but our laws here are very restrictive with what we can do modification wiser and still drive on the street.

Thats where you yanks have the upper hand, you guys can run 35" and bigger tyres and 6 inch of lift and still be legal...not down here unfortunately.

anyway, here is my junk...2007 hilux diesel auto, 3" lift, 33's, ARB barwork.

this xmas is getting 2 inch bodylift, custom front bar and rock sliders to suit, and end of jan, start of feb hopefully a crawler box so later in the year I can try and make 35's fit!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Hilux_Max
We might have better 4x4's in standard form, but our laws here are very restrictive with what we can do modification wiser and still drive on the street.

Thats where you yanks have the upper hand, you guys can run 35" and bigger tyres and 6 inch of lift and still be legal...not down here unfortunately.

this xmas is getting 2 inch bodylift, custom front bar and rock sliders to suit, and end of jan, start of feb hopefully a crawler box so later in the year I can try and make 35's fit!
My dream rig. That thing is nice.