86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

plans for tomorrow...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 05:57 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
and I think that's where the TVV is suppose to go for the EGR system...

Old 11-09-2008, 05:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
not sure. truck is 91 cali emissions...and a plug there.
oddly enough... it doesn't have a knock sensor either.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Contributing Member

Received 181 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
yeah, I might just have to scroung around the U-Pull-It tomorrow with a racket, extention, and a 10 and 12mm socket, lol
Man, wish I could go to a junk yard...<sigh> Let us know how the hunt goes!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 07:02 PM

like I mentioned, my 91, cali emissions, has that fitting plugged. If your truck has something connected there, I would not advise disconnecting it in favor of a 'pillar mounted temp gauge'. I'd rather see you render the stock temp gauge inoperable and put your's in its place than defeat other smog equipment.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by abecedarian
like I mentioned, my 91, cali emissions, has that fitting plugged. If your truck has something connected there, I would not advise disconnecting it in favor of a 'pillar mounted temp gauge'. I'd rather see you render the stock temp gauge inoperable and put your's in its place than defeat other smog equipment.
well, I don't have smog tests here in Fl, so I wouldn't be too worried about that...

my assumption is that the TVV keeps the EGR from working at all untill the motor warms up so that is runns fine when it's cold; considering the truck takes all of 3 minutes to warm up, it probably wouldn't bother me...

I really want to keep the original gauge working still, cause I'm curious to what the normal temp it's running at is... the needle doesn't even go half way usualy; It can get there on a hot day sitting and idling, but not very often...

also, I can't stand having a gauge in my face while I'm driving with it not working at all... this temp gauge not being hooked up is going to drive me crazy as is... maybe I should strap it to the exhaust with some metal wire or something so it reads some temperature

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 11-09-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:18 PM

yet again... fine...
barbed fittings and a tee into the IAV/AAV line.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you do drill and tap the thermostat housing and mess it up I have an extra that I'd be glad to give you Just gonna throw that out there. lol
Old 11-09-2008, 10:54 PM

You might want to run that oil pressure line through a piece of rubber fuel line, thats what I did in mine, just to prevent any possible snags or cuts, but than again, I am extremly paranoid!
Old 11-09-2008, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
gauges are like switches; you can never have too many... the more you have, the more it feels like your sitting in a fighter cockpit
lol. How do I put peoples funny posts into my signature like everyone else?? I have one, but it didn't work properly
Old 11-09-2008, 11:10 PM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
i hate you a little bit... i want pillar gauges, but no one makes a direct fit for the 2nd gen runners...
we have the same pillar design, but the top runs all the way across the top of the door frame and behind the seat...
Old 11-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by space-junk
i hate you a little bit... i want pillar gauges, but no one makes a direct fit for the 2nd gen runners...
we have the same pillar design, but the top runs all the way across the top of the door frame and behind the seat...
Weeeeelll, you could probably put the pod over your exsisting apillar trim or cut your trim off just enough for the pod to fit.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:34 AM

yea, i just like the fit and finish that the truck guys get... it looks factory for them, i dont want mine to look like frankenstein... lol...
but, looks great superbleeder...
Old 11-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Contributing Member

yea, i just like the fit and finish that the truck guys get... it looks factory for them, i dont want mine to look like frankenstein...
With a little patients and ingenuity it would probably turn out just fine.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Contributing Member

well, lucky me I got to stay late at work today... was suppose to leave at 3:30, but I didn't get out till about 4:45...

Stopped by one place on the way home, and all they have left is a 94 PU with a 22re; basically, the same damn thing I got...

So it was really too late to try to go anywhere else as every other yard around here closes at 5

bummer...

Oh btw, that's actually exactly what I did Oly369R, lol, both where it runs throught the firewall, and where it's held up against the firewall with a zip-tie, everywhere else where it's just "free-floating" got wire-loom over it.

Space-Junk, don't be haten I searched a while and couldn't find a direct fit pod either, so I gave up searching, and after a lot of cutting, and little heating and bending, the pod fit fairly well. It's got a few spots that don't look right that you can only notice if you really look for them, but all in all I'm happy with the fit.

YotaPowa; lol, it's purdy easy; you did step one by quoting me; now just take what it puts in the message box after hitting the "quote" button, select it and right click, then copy, go to edit your signurature, then right click and paste where you want it; it's that easy!

Abe, that's not a bad idea assuming I can find a big enough fitting! I may have to look a little further into that; I think I need to replace the hose coming out of the top of the intake manifold and going to the IACV anyway, I noticed it felt a little "squishy" when i was messing around under there and changing the t-stat...
Old 11-10-2008, 06:14 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Its the sr5's Mine is the same way. I was just gonna cut and epoxy them together.... then get it painted..
Old 11-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Jay351
Its the sr5's then get it painted..
I was going to paint my pod, but I thought nah, I'd never match the color, plus there's plenty of black for it to match in there already
Old 11-11-2008, 09:38 AM

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio - Amelia is the exact place. There is no one else on this site from where I am. Seems like everyone is from Cali or Washington. I guess I need to move.
can you get a night shot of that pillar lit up?

Last edited by 89whitetoyota; 11-11-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:54 AM

http://www.well.com/user/mosk/gaugepillars2.htm
Old 11-11-2008, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by abecedarian
yea, i seen those, but i just cringe at the thought of a clunky looking overlay... i guess i could fiberglass it to the stock trim tho... or use body filler to smooth it out...
thanks for the link abe...
Old 11-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Contributing Member

Hey super! Did you find that part you were looking for to get the thermo sender to work??

Quick Reply: plans for tomorrow...