86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New

well i took my truck in today to the stealer ship and had my steering relay rod replaced i got that done and all my tie rods for free. and they washed my truck, i was not to happy about that because they used a car wash thingy, well it managed to get enough of my cb antanna wire pulled out enough to get it caught under my wheel and SNAP. my advise if you go to get a recall done make sure you dont have any loose wires because they dont pay attention (at least where i took my truck) so first thing tomarrow im goin over there to have a chat with the manager about him replacing it.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
good luck i dont let the dealership drive my truck out of eye site i bet the brush they use has been left on the ground since last time they washed someones car
Old 05-09-2007, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every dealership I've been to has the words "We are not responsible to damage while we have possession of your truck" or words to that effect written somewhere on the thing they make you sign. However, I believe they can still be held responsible, regardless of the statement.

Regarding car washes, once I took my '95 pickup to a car wash, and the brush stem tried to screw itself into the side of my finish. It left a swirling scratch along the side of my baby.

Good luck.