Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LCE header problem..HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 04:55 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by luxdlx
I agree. The header is beautiful, but I have a hard time believing that my frame is different, or that the engine alignment on my truck is any different than any other 94. So, I would have to believe that anyone who orders a header and connector for a 94 x cab has the same problem OR they ˟˟˟˟ up on this particular one and wont admit it even after I sent them the pics.

Either way, I wont be satisfied by a slip connector and clamp. Its just not right.
FYI: You might want to edit your post and clean up your "F" word insinuation as that is against the rules you agreed to when you joined YT and you could be banned

Seems to me that if you are not satisfied with your header being connected via a slip connector and clamp, you are griping in the wrong place. LCE seems to have offered you a solution and you do not want to accept it, so get your money back and get someone else's header. From the one picture you have on your link it is hard to tell anything. I hope you sent LCE more than that one picture.

As long as the header fits snugly and the exhaust is routed why should you care if there is a slip connector and clamp like on a 4Runner? I see no reason why it is unacceptable or not a viable solution...it works fine on my 85 4Runner and I don't feel slighted, violated or that it is not "right".

Good luck.

Old 05-12-2007, 04:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had issues with the earlier header connectors (back when LC owned the place)...

They gave me the same type of adapter pipe (slip fit).
This allows one pipe to be used for both LWB and SWB trucks.
(BTW it was long enough to ummm have an exta 12" of pipe lenght to ummm nah they were not suggesting that I shorten my OEM exhaust by 12" by removing a 12" section.)

Also the slip fit allows for slight angle changes on the flanges....

The problem is that Toyota uses flat flanges to bolt the pipe together. A few angles of mis alignment and well - things dont line up too well.

I have had top notch aftermakert exhaust/headers (Techtonic Tuning for VA Audi is the Best IMHO) and to get EVERYTING to line up you HAVE to drop the ENTIRE EXHAUST and start from the header.

My guess is that you are attempting to bolt the header/connector pipe to the car w/o dropping the rest of the exhaust to the ground to get it all to line up straight (btw - thats how the probably do it at the Toyota assembly plant anyway)

So - LC has two choices
a) provide instructions REQUIREING that the exhust be dropped
b) giving you a slip fit.

Use the freakin slip fit.

If you want it to be nice nice, put it together, clamp it, drive for a few days. take pipe out and get it welded, throw away the clamp....
Old 05-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ewong
I have had top notch aftermakert exhaust/headers (Techtonic Tuning for VA Audi is the Best IMHO) and to get EVERYTING to line up you HAVE to drop the ENTIRE EXHAUST and start from the header.

My guess is that you are attempting to bolt the header/connector pipe to the car w/o dropping the rest of the exhaust to the ground to get it all to line up straight (btw - thats how the probably do it at the Toyota assembly plant anyway)

So - LC has two choices

If you want it to be nice nice, put it together, clamp it, drive for a few days. take pipe out and get it welded, throw away the clamp....
Excellent observation, as now that I think about it I put in a completely new exhaust from the header back.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
Excellent observation, as now that I think about it I put in a completely new exhaust from the header back.

Same thing I did, why do a header and leave the rest?
Old 05-12-2007, 06:35 AM

on my 4-runner, I also replaced the header and had a custom cat-back made. i had no problems with the LC part, only problem i had was my buddy bent the catback so i couldnt hang my spare under there anymore...ohwell
Old 05-12-2007, 07:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AH64ID
Same thing I did, why do a header and leave the rest?

Us older types like it quieter?

I got a Borla - its too loud.

I put a Borla on the VW. Stock it has two mufflers. I put on the "3" muffler version (a cherry bomb type, and two turbo types) and it was still too loud. I added venturs (i.e. tapered restrictors that are just in FRONT of the mufflers - apprently it directs more sound waves into the baffles) and its better but still not stock stealth.... if they made an OEM system in stainless Id be there...
Old 05-12-2007, 08:32 AM

Well adding a header will make it louder regardless, and you will not get the benefits of the header with the stock cat and muffler. My p/u has an LCE header, carsound 2.25" cat and a 60 series flowmaster, it is the quietest aftermarket exhaust system I have heard. And if you wanted it even quieter there is room for one of the 12" glasspacks that acts as a resonator. Just adding a header wont do a whole lot, the OEM manifold actually flows pretty well, and its the muffler that is the bottleneck.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
FYI: You might want to edit your post and clean up your "F" word insinuation as that is against the rules you agreed to when you joined YT and you could be banned

Seems to me that if you are not satisfied with your header being connected via a slip connector and clamp, you are griping in the wrong place. LCE seems to have offered you a solution and you do not want to accept it, so get your money back and get someone else's header. From the one picture you have on your link it is hard to tell anything. I hope you sent LCE more than that one picture.

As long as the header fits snugly and the exhaust is routed why should you care if there is a slip connector and clamp like on a 4Runner? I see no reason why it is unacceptable or not a viable solution...it works fine on my 85 4Runner and I don't feel slighted, violated or that it is not "right".:

OK. Lets see, I have 10 pics on my link, you just have to press the arrow to see the next one. I am not happy with the offered solution because it does not fit as advertized. Its like buying 4 new tires and finding one has a hole in it and after a week of phone calls to the seller, they offer you a donut spare.

And as far as my saying "˟˟˟˟ up"? Oh PULEEEZZ.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by ewong
I had issues with the earlier header connectors (back when LC owned the place)...

They gave me the same type of adapter pipe (slip fit).
This allows one pipe to be used for both LWB and SWB trucks.
(BTW it was long enough to ummm have an exta 12" of pipe lenght to ummm nah they were not suggesting that I shorten my OEM exhaust by 12" by removing a 12" section.)

Also the slip fit allows for slight angle changes on the flanges....

The problem is that Toyota uses flat flanges to bolt the pipe together. A few angles of mis alignment and well - things dont line up too well.

So - LC has two choices

I will be using the slip fit only because I have no other choice if I want to use my O2 sensor. I have removed the old exhaust as it was hosed. Can I say that? Hosed?

Last edited by luxdlx; 05-13-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

OK. Lets see, I have 10 pics on my link, you just have to press the arrow to see the next one. I am not happy with the offered solution because it does not fit as advertized. Its like buying 4 new tires and finding one has a hole in it and after a week of phone calls to the seller, they offer you a donut spare.

And as far as my saying "˟˟˟˟ up"? Oh PULEEEZZ.
Sorry, I tried the link again and I see picture "1 of 1" there...and that is it...maybe it is just me. Ferris?

I do know that I wouldn't give folks such easy access to my personal picture folders. Nice wedding.

Try #3 at: https://www.yotatech.com/ytrules.php

Old 05-14-2007, 06:16 PM

OK so is Hoser a Canadian racial slur?

And what about this? My kid might see it, Oh nooooo.

Sorry, but I'm an educated adult and PC just isn't in my vocabulary. I won't be vulgar, but sometimes there is no better descriptor for what lies before you.

Now that I've been properly , back to the topic

Oh yeah, the wedding was a blast. You should see the pics marked private.

Last edited by luxdlx; 05-14-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:12 PM

Oh yeah, the wedding was a blast. You should see the pics marked private.

They are Hawt.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:43 PM

OK so is Hoser a Canadian racial slur?
Not so much a racial slur....more of an insult from one Canadian to another
Old 06-09-2007, 12:35 PM

Well, its done. went with 2.5", no cat, Dynomax ultraflow SS.

I've got $600 in the whole thing.

It does run better and I can actually use the upper end of the rev range where the little bit of power is, but, the sound is tough to live with.

Sounds like a 16 year old's fart can civic.

Would I do it again? maybe with a quieter muffler.

Is it worth 6 hundy? Hell no.

Oh well, I see a vortech in her future.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:19 PM

Why would you run no cat? It reduces your bottom end torque, where you need it, makes the exhaust stupid loud, as you said, doesnt make any more power, okay maybe 1hp at 6K, and is a hell of a lot worse on the environment... You spent 6 hundy, why not spend the extra 60 bucks and have a cat that makes your power more usable, your emmisions better, your sound quieter, and doesnt set you up for a 25K fine
Old 06-10-2007, 07:13 PM

Sounds like a 16 year old's fart can civic.
That was my impression... a civic farting underwater. I ended up having the Magnaflow yanked and a "stock" 2.5" muffler (so bigger, but not a "performance" muffler) put in. The sound is now totally reasonable, and just the upgrade to 2.5" and a high flow cat is enough to get SOME power out of the headers.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by AH64ID
Why would you run no cat? It reduces your bottom end torque, where you need it, makes the exhaust stupid loud, as you said, doesnt make any more power, okay maybe 1hp at 6K, and is a hell of a lot worse on the environment... You spent 6 hundy, why not spend the extra 60 bucks and have a cat that makes your power more usable, your emmisions better, your sound quieter, and doesnt set you up for a 25K fine

Wow AH, almost 4 hours???? I thought you'd be on that in under 1.

I lied, there is a cat, I just wanted to ruffle yer feathers, but its still loud and slow. Not as slow, but slow. It does breathe better, kinda like after you pull one of those big greazzy boogers and take a deep smell.

So, I guess its worth it but only because I'm a gonna drive it forever or at least till it pops and Vortech it. It wouldn't be worth the $ on a 4 year and out vehicle. But I need to do something about the noise.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:26 AM

Yeah I didn't like the sound of mine at first. But the more you drive it and the more the exhaust breaks in. It gets a better sound to it. Still kinda fart canny, but better. I have noticed that the 22RE likes the higher RPM range, when it comes to making power. Kills the gas mileage, but man is it fun to drive.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Contributing Member

Hay LCE is in Arizona so they gotta have some of the "West Coast attitude" give them a brake
Old 06-13-2007, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by crackerjack
Hay LCE is in Arizona so they gotta have some of the "West Coast attitude" give them a brake
Sounds like your saying the west coast attitude is bad???? Figures from coastie...

Quick Reply: LCE header problem..HELP!!