86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hello from the Rock !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BAZ
Truck looks great dude, love the color. Is that herculiner or something on the rockers and then flat black up top?

Also, I need to hear/see more about the Supra in your signature. Sounds dope!
Thanks Baz , its actually Rockguard, bacically the sam eexcept it flows better and is paintable , Whereas the other harder stuff seems to just suck up paint .

The Supra ,,hehe thats my baby and neverending project

Registered Antique in Sept ,,, and well known Mustang GT eater all summer

Last edited by Yotaholic; 02-27-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:41 PM
mic

yotaholic, could you please post some closer pics of the piant job? I've been tring to convince the wife to go that route for a while and and she's reluctant so far. she thinks it will look like asphalt.

cool looking rig
Old 02-29-2008, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by sloppy85toy
how do you like the dayton timberline tires i love the tread pattern.do they do well.
Sorry missed your question ,, I do like the tires although somewhat stiff, The sidewall protection is excellent and in the 3 or 4 years of running them ive never had a flat . 10 ply = rough so air pressure is the key , traction is good and they do clean out well . Snow and ice not so good , too hard and well the thread blocks are too big for a snow tire. I would buy them again based on thread wear , sidewall protection and descent traction in all conditions. I would rate them as an 8 /10

MIc ,, i'll get some more pics for ya over the weekend. LOL at the Asphalt look,, she's right
Old 02-29-2008, 04:56 PM

Sweet another newfie on Yotatech, we are spreading I'm located on the east cost though. had similar idea with the rockgard as well. Sprayed form the top of the bed down then painted toyota Gray. hoping it will help with the rusties for a while. Lost my motor last week so will be down for a wile unfortunately. Rig looks great congrats
Old 02-29-2008, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by TomThumb
Sweet another newfie on Yotatech, we are spreading I'm located on the east cost though. had similar idea with the rockgard as well. Sprayed form the top of the bed down then painted toyota Gray. hoping it will help with the rusties for a while. Lost my motor last week so will be down for a wile unfortunately. Rig looks great congrats

Excellent another east Beast Bad news on the engine trouble .. I have 2 5mge's here if you want to get creative
Old 02-29-2008, 06:40 PM
BAZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Yotaholic
Thanks Baz , its actually Rockguard, bacically the sam eexcept it flows better and is paintable , Whereas the other harder stuff seems to just suck up paint .

The Supra ,,hehe thats my baby and neverending project

Registered Antique in Sept ,,, and well known Mustang GT eater all summer

Wow!

Amazing rides, I'm so jealous and wishing I grabbed my friends mint 85 Supra when he was selling it a few years back. Definately one of my all time favorite cars. Take it to the track ever? I bet it RIPS!

:EDIT:

I see you also have an 84? Nice dude, I'm also gonna have to hear a little about that. Now all you need is an AE86 to complete the collection.

Last edited by BAZ; 02-29-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:59 PM

thank you im trying to figure out what to do for tires.im not sure if ill go back to swampers.they wear out to fast.im thinking daytons or bfg km mudders or maybe the new krawlers
Old 03-01-2008, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by BAZ
Wow!

Amazing rides, I'm so jealous and wishing I grabbed my friends mint 85 Supra when he was selling it a few years back. Definately one of my all time favorite cars. Take it to the track ever? I bet it RIPS!

:EDIT:

I see you also have an 84? Nice dude, I'm also gonna have to hear a little about that. Now all you need is an AE86 to complete the collection.
Thanks Baz ,, the 84 is a rare hardtop and currently inder the weather ( see pic )

I havent had the 82 at a track yet but I have ran a list of quick cars at the local 3am 1/4 mile . 07 GTs , s2000,modded fastbacks and a few others and some dude i 08 rx8 LOL emabarresed that guy bad he sold it the following week LOL Antique Toyota FTW !! I have 2J cams 440 injectors, black leather interior , aem uego and a set of centerlines to go on the car before the snow melts so 08 should be even more fun . I do like the AE86 but not as much as the Supras so no ae for me yet . This is my 4th MKII Supra so I think the next project might be a MKIV if I can ever pay off my Visa and hide it from the wife

Sloppy85 .... Tires should be purchased based on needs / If you travel on pavement most of the time , dont buy a mud tire , if you ride in mud and rocks dont buy a AT . Its a tough decision but price and need should be your deciding factors . Good luck and post a pic of what you get According to your sig I guess its a mud tire NIce !!

edit for pic..

the 84 is not having a good winter

Look what a friend of mine gave me yesterday ( name that diff !! )

Last edited by Yotaholic; 03-01-2008 at 03:54 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:03 AM

Excellent another east Beast Bad news on the engine trouble .. I have 2 5mge's here if you want to get creative
Hi There
I am from Carbonear living in Ontario now. Great looking rig man ....
Old 03-01-2008, 11:14 AM

Thanks for the offer but my rig came with a partially rebuilt spare 22re that i am getting rebuilt as we speak. I am similar to you in that my rig is mostly used as transport to the family cabin and DD duties of course. Here a couple of shots of the cabin and truck.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the 84 is not having a good winter
Now that's not a happy camper......
Old 03-02-2008, 06:22 AM

that supra is very nice. makes me miss my 84 i sold when i got my truck

not as nice as yours but i loved it.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:03 AM

Tom nice cabin and your truck looks just like my last 91

Tick ... Cheers to a fello Newf transplanted or not your still one of us

My Toytech... Very nice 84 !! Did you do the seats or previous owner ? I have a full set of skins from leatherseats .com but I need some side bolster foam from original leather MKII seats . Not so easy to find around here . Too bad you sold her there getting harder to find in good shape . Oh well your still in a Toyota so its not all bad
Old 03-02-2008, 12:29 PM

My Toytech... Very nice 84 !! Did you do the seats or previous owner ? I have a full set of skins from leatherseats .com but I need some side bolster foam from original leather MKII seats . Not so easy to find around here . Too bad you sold her there getting harder to find in good shape . Oh well your still in a Toyota so its not all bad [/QUOTE]

my mom did the interior. she does it for living. i had her do it when i first got it to advertise for her buisness.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:08 PM

my mom did the interior. she does it for living. i had her do it when i first got it to advertise for her buisness.[/QUOTE]

Wow shes good !! She could make serious money on CelicaSupra .com

So Ive had the 4runner out for a few days now and noticed it's a bit stiff . Today I removed the front sway bar and droped the air pressure and its made a huge difference . Its still winter here so I really shouldnt be driving it with those tires but I wanted to see how was going to handle with the kit and 33's. I like it and with 12 to 15psi in the tires it should be fairly soft. I might remove the rear bar as well but I need to get some more time in it with better conditions . Its a camp taxi so road manners arent very important anyway
Old 03-04-2008, 06:35 PM

my mom did the interior. she does it for living. i had her do it when i first got it to advertise for her buisness.
Wow shes good !! She could make serious money on CelicaSupra .com

thats where i sold the car. they already seen it.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:21 PM

Just thought I would add some pics

Updates

sway bars removed ( too stiff )
Pioneer 6x9s & 5" +400 w amp
Wheel alignment ( thank god )
Fresh coat of salt ( oh poop )

Saltrunner wants the snow to melt

Last edited by Yotaholic; 03-10-2008 at 05:35 PM. Reason: edit for poop lol
Old 03-10-2008, 07:05 PM

nice rides man, why the celica double x badges on the front its no celica hehe. nice rare little touch to spice up the jz ride.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:14 PM

go newfy! sweet truck dude, and nice pile of snow and a wicked 82! I have the same tires right now. they suck ass in the snow its so bad, I definatly almost crashed on some icy logging road with my daughter in the truck... bad times. but if you get em siped they last better and get way better grip ........... I hear trxus mt are good as they come with siping but still a fairly aggressive mud tread.

I wanna do a cross canada road trip, so i can wheel with everyone over there! ....... and since I cant resist... do you know that guy dave? my friend knew a canadian named dave something
Old 03-11-2008, 04:30 PM

Thanks Shan the XX badges were hard to find in a+ condition and now all I need is the taillights . I dont want the fender mirrors I still prefer the usdm Supra goodies so I won't be changing anything else . 1JZ FTW !!

Bryan or Supra Dave ....your right these tires suck in the snow but it's not a DD and will be parked until spring . Glad you didn't find the ditch with your daughter aboard , scary thought I have an 8yr old. If you ever make that X-Canada run I have a rough 20km trip to the camp for ya

Quick Reply: Hello from the Rock !!