Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

got pulled over just now!!!!!! (read on)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
That millimeter of metal will prevent things from entering the cab and keep your arms in in the event of a rollover and it is better than having no doors period but if an adult wants to drive that way I don't have a problem with it.
But the problem is that we are the US of A's children.

They don't view us as adults who can take care of themselves. We have been babied the past 35 years and quite frankly, I am sick of it. God gave me the ability to make decisions and He also taught me that I must be responsible for the decisions I do make. More over, there is nothing more fundamentally American than being responsible for one's own actions.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brenjen
Check your local laws, some states (most) allow for a certain % of speed increase on grades over a certain % & a lot of Judges will let you off if you respectfully put up a knowledgeable defense & don't just argue how it's all BS & the man is out to get you.

Hope that helps.
but, the man IS out to get you! im sorry but im very suspicious about the gov't.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by T-1000
Last weekend I got pulled over for doing 84 in a 55. I have to go to court.

That cop must have just been pissed at me for some reason.
I think you made it easy for him.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
That millimeter of metal will prevent things from entering the cab and keep your arms in in the event of a rollover and it is better than having no doors period but if an adult wants to drive that way I don't have a problem with it.
Not to mention most doors have a steel tube going through them to protect the people inside from getting crushed by oncoming cars. Its the same concept as a rollbar but for the doors.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:40 PM

why the hell do u guys care bout what i do?
Old 05-30-2008, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by NicCantDecide
Not to mention most doors have a steel tube going through them to protect the people inside from getting crushed by oncoming cars. Its the same concept as a rollbar but for the doors.
This is untrue. I have never seen a factory door have steel tubing running through it. Ever replace a window regulator?
Old 05-30-2008, 06:16 PM

wow what did i start here????? ok i was just saying that i got pulled over and he said you might wanna get doors on this thing so i opened it and showed him the vin number on it and he said ok as for the dude doing a burnout nice!!!! jusrtkeep it on dead streets like here out in the country but yeah be carefull with doing them i used to key word used to drift my rig its all fun and gravy untill yiu drop your rear drive shaft and have to be front wheel drive for 2 months lol
Old 05-31-2008, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by ozziesironmanoffroad
but, the man IS out to get you! im sorry but im very suspicious about the gov't.
Well that's neither here nor there; frankly I think the gubmint oversteps her bounds on a regular basis, but that's not the point I was making. I was trying to steer the person into researching their local laws on the matter & possibly getting off & keeping their record clean. Granted 80+ in a 55 zone might be a tough one but it's a shot. The law usually grants something like a 10% increase in speed for gradients of 15% or more (give or a take, I'm no lawyer).

Here on YT people seem to disregard what was said & take a word or two & pounce on them like those couple words were the point or spirit of the post. I'm not calling you out or anything Ozzie; just making an observation on the board as a whole. That's the reason I stopped coming on here as much & will probably stop completely if it happens to the degree it did to me a couple months ago in off topic.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:22 PM
Contributing Member

To tomkirider: I could care less what you do in your free time as long as it doesn't affect other people, but doing burnouts in front of a Burger King is not only immature and completely ridiculous, but it is also dangerous. Did you ever think about the innocent pedestrians you were endangering while you were doing your awesome burnout and sticking it to the man? What if your tires had hooked up and you lost control and ran over a child? You can't predict things that are going to happen, therefore you shouldn't put yourself in a precarious situation.

To 1stgen4gunner: I'm completely calm, I am, however, concerned that you are sticking up for such behavior. It says a lot about your character.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by just a 22re
wow what did i start here????? ok i was just saying that i got pulled over and he said you might wanna get doors on this thing so i opened it and showed him the vin number on it and he said ok as for the dude doing a burnout nice!!!! jusrtkeep it on dead streets like here out in the country but yeah be carefull with doing them i used to key word used to drift my rig its all fun and gravy untill yiu drop your rear drive shaft and have to be front wheel drive for 2 months lol
sorry allan.
what you started was an argument between people that don't seem to understand that these laws were made by the people that the 'majority of the people in their area' elected to represent them and make laws that affect them. they are more content to complain about the lawmakers around them than they are to go to the voting booths and get them replaced.
what can you say about a person with a name claiming to be "4god" yet only cares about their own 'personal' responsibility and doesn't care what ramifications those decisions may have on others? what ever happened to "do unto others..." godboy?
helmets are okay, maybe even seatbelts, but airbags and door don't do anything to save the passengers? Hmm... I think he summed it up perfectly by saying "if you save idiots, they breed"... maybe he should have also said "they also complain about being told what to do".

It seems no one is happy. Either safety standards are too strict or not strict enough. Helmets are okay for motorcycles, but doors suck for trucks. WTF ever. Get over yourselves and realize that these laws are in place because of the people who get elected by your votes.

Last edited by abecedarian; 05-31-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:41 PM

seeing as how i was parked against the curb and im not blind i dont think i was in any danger running anyone over.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by TomkiRider
seeing as how i was parked against the curb and im not blind i dont think i was in any danger running anyone over.
the point is not whether anyone was in danger or not. the point is about whether your display had any point at all and made any significant acheivement.
so what was accomplished?
Old 05-31-2008, 08:56 PM

wow there mr philosapher...i wanted to do it so i did an dthats it there wasnt anything acomplished. again why do u care so much about wtf i do, if u dont like it go cry to someone else
Old 05-31-2008, 09:05 PM

you set there and wonder about why I care. did you ever stop to wonder why you care that I care?

after all, you've made it clear that you don't care about what others think... and yet you find it necessary to reply to me.
slightly pedantic, don't you think?

here, I'll save you the trouble:
pedantic: adjective marked by a narrow focus on or display of learning especially its trivial aspects

Last edited by abecedarian; 05-31-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What about UPS drivers and busses that drive with the doors open??...IF there was really an issue you wouldnt think UPS would let their drivers do it....(for liability reasons)
Old 06-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Contributing Member

People who don't wear seatbelts or helmets cost tax payers and insurance companies money. An accident that has minor injuries requires less time and materials for emergency crews and less payouts for insurance. If your head goes thru the windshield or is scattered all over the pavement, more response crews are needed, traffic is affected and more accidents happen because of looky-lus. There is usually a bigger picture involved when those kind of laws are made. Plus I have family and friends that like and need me around the way I am (fully functional).

That being said, most doors on vehicles are part of the vehicle structure and safety features. Toyota's are built that way, Jeeps aren't (you can fold a jeep door like a taco by hand). Most of the mods we make to our vehicles are not DOT approved on the roads or highways, we just don't get caught. It's illegal to drill or weld on your frame, but everybody does. I aggree, some laws are stupid or pointless, in Arizona horses still have the right of way and it's illegal to spit on the sidewalk. However most laws have merit if you look at the big picture. If you don't like the laws in the state you live, try and get them chaged or move to a state that lets you do what you want.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:30 AM

I'm willing to bet my DOM tube doors are stronger than the tin can stock yota doors
Old 06-01-2008, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by dirtoyboy
I'm willing to bet my DOM tube doors are stronger than the tin can stock yota doors
and I'm willing to bet you havent submitted them for testing so you can get and exemption allowing you to use them
Old 06-01-2008, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by abecedarian
and I'm willing to bet you havent submitted them for testing so you can get and exemption allowing you to use them
exemption? I live in Missouri hehehe...not sure what that means
Old 06-01-2008, 08:04 AM

Calling The Mods Now Delete This Posting It Has Gone Way To Far Off Topic And Now People Are Fighting Please Delete This Posting!!!!!

Quick Reply: got pulled over just now!!!!!! (read on)