86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

build halted by stupidity

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 07:57 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Thats awful.
I read your thread and I seriously had to stop and take a minute to regroup. I took me 4 months of busting my ass to save enough money to buy a pile of front end parts to fix my truck. When I read your thread I was moved and angered by the fact that scumbags who commit acts such as what happen to you dont understand the reverberation and hardship this kind thing causes. I am really sorry that happened to you. I live in an area where there is a ton of criminal activity. When I leave my house I worry when I come home someone will have broken in vandalized, robbed, hurt my pets and left me to pick up the pieces. What kind of world are we living in. You would think we could do better??
If I had it within my means I would totally help you out.
D
Old 10-28-2008, 11:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
im sorry to hear that. iv had someone try to break in once and i got an apartment broken into that i was moving out of at the time. that time they got a shot gun and a check book, took me probably close to a year to straighten out the check thing. another time i had walked home cause i was having car problems and dident live far from work so i just left my car there. so they thought no one was home and started trying to break the front door in. i grabbed a golf club swung the door open and yelled FORE MUTHA F_CKER and chased the guy about the blocks down the road. if only people would learn to work for a friggin living rather than steal that just p'sses me off to no end
Old 10-29-2008, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sucks man, dont really expect like that to happen especially when you live in NE heights. I was working on my truck in the driveway once and went inside to get a drink, came back outside and some guy was riding off on my bike. in sucked cause i had no way to chase him down with my truck on jackstands =/
Old 10-29-2008, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by YoterUp
Hate to hear that. Buy a dog. me and my dad train German Sheppard and rottweilers when people see what our dogs can do they tend to be a little scared and knock on wood our house nor our vehicles have ever been robbed well not at our house anyways. one of our female Sheppard's can climb and 8 foot brick wall grab a 10 pound weight and climb back over and drop it at your feet. and all of them are GREAT with little kids, i have little cousins come over all the time we have pictures of them pulling on there ears rideing them train em and treat em right they will be your savior!

That really blows about your house. I can't imagine what you're going through right now. Someone should do this to them .

On a sidenote... I have a Siberian Husky and a Husky/German Shepherd mix, everyone who doesn't have a dog in my neiborhood has been broken into at least once. Those of us who do have dogs haven't gotten broken into at all.

They did get into my Cavalier (when I still owned it heh) and took a couple cd's and my 30 Gig Zune.

But I can't imagine my house.

What's sucks even worse is unless you have like $5,000 or something crazy like that stolen the cops won't even investigate.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ezrider_92356
im sorry to hear that. iv had someone try to break in once and i got an apartment broken into that i was moving out of at the time. that time they got a shot gun and a check book, took me probably close to a year to straighten out the check thing. another time i had walked home cause i was having car problems and dident live far from work so i just left my car there. so they thought no one was home and started trying to break the front door in. i grabbed a golf club swung the door open and yelled FORE MUTHA F_CKER and chased the guy about the blocks down the road. if only people would learn to work for a friggin living rather than steal that just p'sses me off to no end
Too bad you didn't have that shotgun.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by YoterUp
Hate to hear that. Buy a dog. me and my dad train German Sheppard and rottweilers when people see what our dogs can do they tend to be a little scared and knock on wood our house nor our vehicles have ever been robbed well not at our house anyways. one of our female Sheppard's can climb and 8 foot brick wall grab a 10 pound weight and climb back over and drop it at your feet. and all of them are GREAT with little kids, i have little cousins come over all the time we have pictures of them pulling on there ears rideing them train em and treat em right they will be your savior!
I agree with this one! I have a BFR (Big Freakin' Rotti) that waits beside the door to see who's there and..uhhh...greets them appropriately. Got a call at work from the alarm company one morning that my back door was opened. Got home, found some damage to the back door, but apparently it was closed again rather quickly. Also found the security company guy scared to go in the yard.....
Old 10-29-2008, 07:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Junkers88
3) The hand gun ( a Ruger Black Hawk single action in .41) mag is registered to my grandfather. He bought it and carried it while still in law enforcement.

Sweet pistol. I'm sorry to hear that it is gone. I have a Super Blackhawk in .44 mag, but I've always wanted a .41.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:55 PM

sorry to hear about that. maybe one of them will shoot themselves in the foot or something and realize that what comes around goes around. i see that you are not materialistic and know that keepsakes are more valuable than anything. if it's any solace, at least you have the memories. peace.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:57 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
sorry to hear about the break in man. i guess you're lucky they didn't take your truck or do some damage your house since it's on the market. my neighbor just had his truck stolen the other day doing what everyone in our neighborhood does every day - he started it up at like 7am to warm it up and went inside to grab a few things and then hears his truck driving off. i would hope that the police would take interest especially since there was a firearm involved.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by coma
sorry to hear about that. maybe one of them will shoot themselves in the foot or something and realize that what comes around goes around. i see that you are not materialistic and know that keepsakes are more valuable than anything. if it's any solace, at least you have the memories. peace.
Coma: Were you selling your Cruiser on ebay a week or so ago? I was following it cause I was going to make an offer but it dissapeared?!?! Haha! Decide to keep it?

I had my first truck stolen back in the day. What hurt though, it was a 1985 Longbed. I had no intentions of ever selling it. I miss it to this day. And what a hollow feeling walking out to broken glass.

Last edited by 87LVRunner; 10-29-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by highonpottery
sorry to hear about the break in man. i guess you're lucky they didn't take your truck or do some damage your house since it's on the market. my neighbor just had his truck stolen the other day doing what everyone in our neighborhood does every day - he started it up at like 7am to warm it up and went inside to grab a few things and then hears his truck driving off. i would hope that the police would take interest especially since there was a firearm involved.
Two years ago my wife had her car stolen from the driveway in the same situation. We found it 4 blocks over with pictures of the theives in it at some park in Arizona. The cop said that the pictures weren't enough even though there was the car in the background and pay stubs from the entrance to the park with the names on it.......