Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone else get the All-pro Tripple X crossmember and e-brake combo?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else get the All-pro Tripple X crossmember and e-brake combo?

Well I needed a dualtransfercase crossmember and I liked what I saw with the All pro tripple X. I ordered it up.First problem. All pro gave a price for the X member and shipping then after I clicked confirm it brings up another window that explains how you may be charged with more shipping! That isn't cool. A customer should know the entire total before the purchase.So I had just enough for the crossmember and shipping.All pro ends up making a mistake and charges me Cali taxes. This caused me to overdraw. Normally companies send a comformation e-mail to let you know the order went through,it didn't happen. I happened to go to the bank and check and they told me I was overdrawn. That cost me a instant $35. My X member came in missing the e-brake. I was pretty ticked by this point. I call them up and within 2 rings there was a nice getelman on the line. I explained my order situation and he said that they had the e-brake part of the combo on back order and that they had mistakenly charged me the Cali tax. He refunded the taxed amount. Great Customer service by phione,I wish I had guys name.
Well here is the part that really sucks. When the parts all come in I check it out like a kid at a candy store and realize it has to be welded in. I cou;dn't find anywhere that says on their site the x-member has to be welded in(the mounts welded up). To some this isn't a big deal but to me it was considering I don't own or have access to one. Luckily a good friend has a nice Land crusier and trailer to tow it with. A local welding shop Burns welding handled it. I then took it home and pulled the duals out agin for final paint and sealing of the transfercase to trans. Well the removal went smooth. the reinstall was the worst thing I've ever attempted mechanically.The case wouldn't line up. I would get the left side mout in and the right wouldn't line up,and vice versa.
I spent ALL DAY on it. Finally some friends came over and we use two hi-lifts together to push the crossmember to the right to line up the mounting bolts.
A ROYAL PAIN IN THE SACK!
I should have spent $179 + S&H on a Budbuilt T-case crossmember!
I spent over $400 + S&H + $35 overdraft charge and way more labor then can be acounted for. The moral of the story? Save your money and get the Budbuilt. I wouldn't recommend the Trippele X to ANYONE,allthough the quality seems to be there it isn't worth the time. I have yet to test the e-brake. I just wanted to warn you all!
Old 11-19-2007, 02:37 PM

Anyone have any similar troubles?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
this crossmember along with the others you have to make sure you have everything the crossmember calls for plus if you look at it you can tell youll need to weld the mounts for it (really it makes sense cause locations differ). type of tcase/ cases, frames, ect. Granted it sounds like you looked into it and All pro lacked the info on the site. Thats why these companies would rather you call to comfirm/ you tell them exactly what you have and if it will work for you. Im not saying in anyway its your fault. I bought a knuckle rebuild kit that clamed on the site it included everything so i threw away the outer rock gaurds. the kit included everything but sorry this all happend i love all pros service and they do make some great parts. Its the small things that can make or break a good purchase hopefully this type of incident doesnt happen again but beware it will happen every now and then and trust me ive had much worse things happen just like this.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:22 AM

I agree totally. It was my fault for assuming that it was bolt up.
I just want to direct people elsewhere for the actual crossmember,I belive the budbuilt would be much easier for installation.
thanks for the reply.