Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone actually got the IAC/AVV of the bottom of the throttle body?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Contributing Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by 89whitetoyota
dont take me seriously. Im just kidding.
I can imagine you were just kidding, I'm just trying to figure out what the phrase is suppose to mean, lol
Old 01-29-2010, 07:09 PM

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio - Amelia is the exact place. There is no one else on this site from where I am. Seems like everyone is from Cali or Washington. I guess I need to move.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok well if some one is really a fag matress, you have to think, one would lay on a matress, and yadda yadda......lol......im drunk
Old 01-29-2010, 07:21 PM

u guys are lames. i'll ask someone else. i jus wanna know how to start a post here. i don't play on the comp all day like u guys.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Raybicon
u guys are lames. i'll ask someone else. i jus wanna know how to start a post here. i don't play on the comp all day like u guys.
it's not rocket science man...

Old 01-29-2010, 07:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 89whitetoyota
you all are some fag mattreses but i love it.
So we are a pile of stained fluff with throbing veins of dirty hate and passion? Poop covered purple heads? Bruised thighs with whip marks? Busted pelvis and a sweat covered smile on our little faces?

So how goes the IACV repair?
Old 01-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Contributing Member

wow that's a little too much, lmao
Old 01-29-2010, 07:51 PM

Location: Cincinnati, Ohio - Amelia is the exact place. There is no one else on this site from where I am. Seems like everyone is from Cali or Washington. I guess I need to move.
Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
it's not rocket science man...

x2^^^^^^ pretty much just follow that big red arrow.

hahahahahahahahaha..........could you have made that arrow in like 1200 font?
Old 01-29-2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
wow that's a little too much, lmao
That's nothing. You haven't met my new girlfriend.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:54 PM

thanks
Old 01-29-2010, 07:54 PM

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
And BBP and I turn it into something weird?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Raybicon
thanks
np bud
Old 01-29-2010, 09:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What, did I log into Pirate or something? This is the family friendly website, I thought...

As for the screws, back on topic. They very easily come out with an impact screwdriver. You can get that at Harbor Freight for next to nothing. It is a screwdriver with a cam mechanism in the handle. You hit it with a hammer and it rotates, with a ton of downforce on the screw. I replaced my screws with stainless cap heads.

As for the air valve, it is held in with a nut that has spanner features on it. I was able to work mine out with a flat screwdriver and a little bit of tapping.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Junkers88
So we are a pile of stained fluff with throbing veins of dirty hate and passion? Poop covered purple heads? Bruised thighs with whip marks? Busted pelvis and a sweat covered smile on our little faces?

So how goes the IACV repair?
The IACV went good, it wasnt a bruised knees and salty lips repalcement, however, once that was done, nothing with the idle changed, still higher than a f--king drug addict. Gotta be the TPS, i think it is reading WOT at idle. I dont know Ive been drinking remi martin all night, so tomorrow will be even more of a pain in that a$$
Old 01-29-2010, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by OutlawMike
What, did I log into Pirate or something? This is the family friendly website, I thought...

As for the screws, back on topic. They very easily come out with an impact screwdriver. You can get that at Harbor Freight for next to nothing. It is a screwdriver with a cam mechanism in the handle. You hit it with a hammer and it rotates, with a ton of downforce on the screw. I replaced my screws with stainless cap heads.

As for the air valve, it is held in with a nut that has spanner features on it. I was able to work mine out with a flat screwdriver and a little bit of tapping.
No need for the impact ish, i did it with ease with vice grips. Impact, in some cases, means stripping.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:48 AM
Contributing Member

hey he still got his question answered without too much bashing

if this were Pirate, he would have just been ignored completely
Old 01-30-2010, 08:51 AM

Impact screw driver huh? I think I'll be heading to HF today to take a look.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:09 AM

jus use vice grips Junk! I think and impact screwdriver will strip the patter out of the screw head.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:40 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
My impact screwdriver is one of my favorite tools! I have two one small one big. they have saved ny butt many times over and i have yet to strip a screw with them. If you ever do honda rotors or have a stubborn screw that you've already stripped out they are a life saver! I picked one up at the auto parts store and the other at harbor frieght. Paid like 20 for one and 12 for the other.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Impact screwdrivers are good for a lot of things, but I'm not sure I'd want to be bashing down on my TB sitting on a bench with a hammer and an impact driver, trying to get the IACV off.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:05 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah with the big one i wouldn't but the smaller one is great for that kinda light stuff when you don't want to bend or break anything. Smaller hammer and smaller impact driver. It worked great for me. I definatly wrapped a small towel around and put the TB in the vise to get a solid grip and to not bend the vaccumn lines on the top.

Quick Reply: Anyone actually got the IAC/AVV of the bottom of the throttle body?