84-85 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd gen pickups and 1st gen 4Runners with solid front axles

Thank God for Glock - A story of an almost stollen 4rnr

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never gone hunting myself let alone know much about the sport....funny cause I work in the bush too and only 1 out of the 5 on my crew hunt...I'd like to try though...I fish. I was under the impression it's for Partridge and the like, I could be wrong though, maybe that would blast the bird to pieces....still I'm gonna call him and find out exactly.

Last edited by BluYot; 05-29-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:30 PM

Thats true one cannot shoot much with a 12ga oh the term your looking for is called pluging its 3 magazine and one in the chamber. 1oz slugs can be used for deer, but a short range and its cheep to shoot!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I pity the thief that breaks into my home or if I have to "hold" him at bay if he is caught trying to jack my rig.

The above is within arms distance when I am sleeping, and holds 30 rounds.

Since the rig is off my porch, I would have to break out the num chucks or the 50K volt stunner.
Use of a weapon with deadly force outside of the home does not fly in all states, and I would more than likely end up incarcerated for protecting my rig.

Now if someone is in my home at night, the AR will be in lock & load mode.
Once they are inside your home and you fear (and prove to the courts) they are a threat to your life and family, you can put 'em down without fear.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
^ walks away slowly

*note to self, don't piss Corey off!!*
Old 05-29-2007, 07:47 PM

WOOT thats what i mean only in the need to defent like a person who gets into your house!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Banned

Wow......one Thing I Think Is Funny Is The Name Of That Shotgun The "persuader".. I'm Pretty Sure Anyone Staring Down The Barrel Of A Shotgun Will Be Persuaded To Do Anything You Would Like Them To Do!!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 08:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you did the right thing this time

Originally Posted by ChickenLover
If you have to shoot, you shoot to kill. Always. I really need to get off my butt and install my kill switch.
sounds like the spark plug removal is very effective

Originally Posted by Corey
Once they are inside your home and you fear (and prove to the courts) they are a threat to your life and family, you can put 'em down without fear.
so injure them outside, drag em inside and finish the job properly!
Old 06-10-2007, 08:41 PM

If only in canada......

Dont get me wrong I love canada, but hate with a passion some of the dumb laws that are in place
IE- If someone came on MY property and stole MY truck and hurt themselves in some way I could be sued by the theif.
Any weapon that I own must be registered with the government in a registry that cost billions of taxpayers money that does nothing.
If I did shoot someone in selfdefence it would be manslaughter and I would be sent to prison
If a theif, rapist, murderer ever came after me or my family I would have to just sit back and watch as I would have to call the police and wait for them to arrive to serve "justice" or face life in prison.
Its sad when you cant defend your own property or family.....

Please dont take offence to this post Its just my two cents and opinions
thankyou
nathan
Old 06-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
glad the guy pissed his pants and all...but always be ready for the ramifications if you do actually have to fire the shot.
Aim to kill, shoot to kill. No wounding in the leg. But also don't empty a magazine on said individual. If you have the proper training and spend the time on the range as you should if you are even contemplating using deadly force, you should not have to make it look like a movie scene.

I became an expert in the Ancient Chinese Art of Ching Ching Pow when I was in the service of Uncle Sam...I like keeping my skills up, one round at a time
Old 06-12-2007, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by ChickenLover
If you have to shoot, you shoot to kill. Always. If you injure the guy, you will be sued for everything you own. No matter what the situation was.

Popak,
Nice job on saving your truck. Had it been me, I probably would have killed the alien. I really need to get off my butt and install my kill switch.
Couldn't put it any better myself.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by ocdropzone
glad the guy pissed his pants and all...but always be ready for the ramifications if you do actually have to fire the shot.
Aim to kill, shoot to kill. No wounding in the leg. But also don't empty a magazine on said individual. If you have the proper training and spend the time on the range as you should if you are even contemplating using deadly force, you should not have to make it look like a movie scene.

I became an expert in the Ancient Chinese Art of Ching Ching Pow when I was in the service of Uncle Sam...I like keeping my skills up, one round at a time

I have my CCW here in Oregon and when I went through the class they said that Oregon is a "must retreat" state. I have to attempt to remove myself from the situation as a first resort before shooting someone. That being said I can use deadly force when I observe someone else using any force in the comission of a crime. A lot of these cases come down to what a local grand jury will indict for.

Oregon and California are both liberal states (California more so) but there was a local gentleman who chased a would be robber across acres and acres of his property trying to get the guy to stay put so he could citizens arrest him. He finally ended up shooting and killing the person on his land quite a ways from his house and simply said the guy came at him and he shot him. Because it was in a rural area he ended up having the local court dismiss any charges.

One other tidbit I have heard from several people is that in many states (Oregon included) you have to show that you were in immenent danger and there's nothing that screams "scared" like an empty magazine and a locked back slide.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by rrmike
One other tidbit I have heard from several people is that in many states (Oregon included) you have to show that you were in immenent danger and there's nothing that screams "scared" like an empty magazine and a locked back slide.
I would think that if you were woken up by a robber in your home that would justify?
You never know what they are going to do and if they are packing or not.

It comes down to you or him getting to see the next birthday.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by shantz
don't listen to this web commando tough talk
you won't be tied up in court for the next two or three years trying to make explanations
This is the problem... yes, joke around all you want on the web like a bunch of online wannabe Rambos. Problem is if you ever find yourself on the wrong side of the law it doesn't take long for police to find a website you frequent and investigate any comments you may have made that were about the use of force.

I'm not targeting anyone specifically but those of you that say, "I'd shoot him first, ask questions later," are opening yourself up to a whole world of hurt. Think of every headline shooter and how quickly the police or the media found out how the shooter had made threats in advance over the internet. Hard to explain you were joking after the fact.

But hey, do what you like. If your property means as much to you as your freedom then there's no need to worry.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by shantz
by the way, what the hell does your buddy hunt in canda with a tactical shotgun???
Any damn thing he wants. Winged game comes to mind or using slugs for large game. Some of the sabot'ed slugs are very accurate out to 150 yards.

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude
This is the problem... yes, joke around all you want on the web like a bunch of online wannabe Rambos. Problem is if you ever find yourself on the wrong side of the law it doesn't take long for police to find a website you frequent and investigate any comments you may have made that were about the use of force.

I'm not targeting anyone specifically but those of you that say, "I'd shoot him first, ask questions later," are opening yourself up to a whole world of hurt. Think of every headline shooter and how quickly the police or the media found out how the shooter had made threats in advance over the internet. Hard to explain you were joking after the fact.....
Wise words indeed.

Last edited by Bumpin' Yota; 06-12-2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:47 AM

whoo i would of been pissed if some one was after my 1985 4runner i personally would of smashed him over the head with the glock and then called the cops. take it easy man
Old 06-15-2007, 03:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by basr5
whoo i would of been pissed if some one was after my 1985 4runner i personally would of smashed him over the head with the glock and then called the cops. take it easy man
The problem with this is that he'd go after you for assult and battery with a deadly weapon or some other lame ass charge. And knowing our court systems, he'd win.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Contributing Member

Wink

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude

I'm not targeting anyone specifically but those of you that say, "I'd shoot him first, ask questions later," are opening yourself up to a whole world of hurt. Think of every headline shooter and how quickly the police or the media found out how the shooter had made threats in advance over the internet. Hard to explain you were joking after the fact.

But hey, do what you like. If your property means as much to you as your freedom then there's no need to worry.

Well I have about 30K in unmarkered small bills in the top of my bedroom closet. And if some "poor" theif (after all it's not their fault their theives) tried to steal this huge stash of cash I would just ask them "nicely" to not rob me.....And oh yeah I think Police Officers are the greats people in the world !!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2007, 02:38 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by crackerjack
And if some "poor" theif (after all it's not their fault their theives) tried to steal this huge stash of cash I would just ask them "nicely" to not rob me.....And oh yeah I think Police Officers are the greats people in the world !!!!!!!
See, there you go. This is the smartest forecast of actions post I have yet to see on a thread related to guns. Except for the fact that you told a whole bunch of people what you have. You should probably edit your post

You get it. Some people just don't see how all the macho talk can be perceived as premeditation.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:45 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Corey
I would think that if you were woken up by a robber in your home that would justify?
You never know what they are going to do and if they are packing or not.

It comes down to you or him getting to see the next birthday.
A good thing for all gun owners to do is to go to your local gun shop and discuss the gun laws of your state. If you're a California resident you can go to your gun shop or Amazon and pick up a book titled, "how to own a gun and stay out of jail."

1st thing about owning a gun is becoming familiar with personal safety and the workings of your firearm.
2nd thing about owning a gun is becoming familiar with the laws governing your use of it.
Old 06-16-2007, 11:43 PM

Hey Corey,
If someone intrudes your house leave the AR on the shelf. Instead just hold up a picture of your avatar, that'll make em run!

Quick Reply: Thank God for Glock - A story of an almost stollen 4rnr