Pre 84 Trucks 1st gen pickups

I'm new and needs some help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm new and needs some help please

As the title says I'm new here. I have jsut traded my 63 17 foot boat for a 79 4x4 toyota. I'm pretty happy about it, but its not the best looking or driving one on the road. I need a few things that I have yet to find (been looking all over the net for them for a few days)

First off I'd like to say a few things about my truck, and myself. I own an 85 toyota mr2 first year they came out! I'm really happy to own that and now the first year toyota came out with the 4x4 pick up makes it that much better!

I have replaced my engine in my mr2, done lots of work to it, so I do have "some" skills, what I have trouble in I ask and learn

The issues....

My 79 has a sunroof and I'm not sure it factory and the front clips are missing (so I have holes in the sunroof were they would go, and it doesn't say there so if you want to drive it you have to take it off *not too big of a deal*)

door pannels are pretty much trashed (somebody decided to get in at the locking mec. and just rip that area open and not just remove it and replace it.

wiring is a mess

the smog unit is still all there (and will be removed I dont have to worry about emissions were I live)

the exaust manifold needs a new gasket to the pipe as it sounds horrable

I have a s10 front bench seat not bolted to the floor

the dash is cracked (as they all are)

I guess somebody didn't like the factory bed hooks so all 6 are removed

It pulls to the left when braking

it doesn't have the brake fluid cover (just a bag with a hair tie on it to keep it there)

needs tires

turn signal switch/ lights is loose (you flick the signal, and you some times turn on the lights)

missing the e-break unit to the firewall and need a new cable from the handel to the linkage arm

Missing all the steering wheel plastic (that goes around the collum)

missing the headliner rear plastic that keep the headliner down at the back by the rear window (I assume something goes there)

front clip needs painted (looks like it was sanded down and just left so lots of surface rust

Good things

It runs and from what I can tell uses no oil but leaks pretty bad at the timing chain cover

4 wheel drive works

has alum. rims (which will be removed when I get some steel spoked ones)

all the lights work (except the rev. tail lights)

headliner is nice

Has the 3rd window in the back window

The locks work

I then need the following (so far)

the lens on the passenger side of the headlight

the turnsignal lens/unit in the bumper on the passenger side

a exaust manifold (20r)

tires

benzel for dash

ash tray

nicer door pannels

and of course all the wonderful help a forum likes to give!!!
Attached Thumbnails I'm new and needs some help please-010207010307010412200805271ceb4d70c121855baf00f3ad.jpg  

Last edited by toy794x4; 06-05-2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: photo
Old 06-05-2008, 05:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks like you have your work cut out for you, but the body looks pretty straight from the dark picture. my door panels are the same way, but i can't trash the guy who did it... its my future FIL....

Al