YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Off Road Tech, Fab Shop, Solid Axle Swaps, Tool Time, & Engine Swaps > Tool Time
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tool Time Discussions here pertain to the use of tools you use while fabbing and wrenching in the garage

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

What size tank of shielding gas do you have for your Mig Welder?

I just bought a Lincoln 140 and am looking at different tanks of shielding gas. I was going for a 40cf but was told to go at least 80... just in a hobby form what size tanks are you running, and how long do they last?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
bratliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
Banned
Vendor Sales Rating: (-1)

You want at least an 80. I have one on my 135 and it usually lasts about 4 hours. Tank cost me about 150 and about 50 to fill it up each time.

I have the full cylinder on my MM 251 and have yet to use it up.

Obviously how fast you use it up depends on the flow rate setting for your application.

waskillywabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:01 AM   #3
Personal Sales Rating: (0)
Threadstarter [OP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by waskillywabbit View Post
You want at least an 80. I have one on my 135 and it usually lasts about 4 hours. Tank cost me about 150 and about 50 to fill it up each time.
I have the full cylinder on my MM 251 and have yet to use it up.
Obviously how fast you use it up depends on the flow rate setting for your application.
Thanks for the info, the tank guy said it was 8hrs or so... I just dont want to be in the middle of a weekend project and run out... Tractor Supply wants 233$ for an empty 80... then 50$ or so to fill it.. I can buy a tank from Ebay for about 135$... then have it filled locally. Or I can just lease a 122 for 59$ a year and 41$ for each fill... and 50$ deposit.. I am kinda leaning that way just because I seem to get the most bang for the buck... at least for the 1st year until I see how much I use the welder...
bratliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
130, 4runner, cost, flow, gas, lincoln, mig, rate, shielding, size, tank, tanks, toyota, waht, welder, welding