Notices
Seller - Buyer Ratings For Members Lets hear it, we want feedback on your transactions, good or bad

Toyota TRD of Dallas (www.trdparts4u.com)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 11:00 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Good Times
I have nothing to do w/ this vendor but all I gotta say is the last a few posts sounded way too much like legal crap.

Warranty can kiss my ass cuz I know there's no way in hell anyone will warranty any of my aftermarket stuff... that said I feel that trdparts4u.com was just covering their rear like any vendor will do when selling products that are not specific for the exact make and model. since the manufacturer does not claim that it works should be a clear warning that attempting to make it work on another model breaks all warranty and liability from the manufacturer.

Unfortunately, we live in a society where the stupid sues over everything causing meaningless "warning labels" that trdparts4ru.com has been forced to label. I don't see anything wrong w/ what they are stating in the warranty sense as a reputable Toyota Dealership, I'm pretty certain they have their legal team labeling everything aftermartket they sell.

Now why the other vendor(s) don't label their products. who knows. I suspect it's because they specialize in the offroading community while this dealer also sells other accessories which attracts a larger mass (which has different tastes and interests).

Lastly, when did anyone ask for warranty on any aftermarket product anyhow? It is very clear that this vendor is no where near NE's caliber so mixing them up is nonsense. As a reputable Toyota dealership that supports the offroading community, they should deserve a second look.

Now hook up us w/ some cool discounts
Nah not really too much legal crap

It is about whether the product will hold up for some time, warranty on product. Most vendors do that. And also if it will actaully work with the vehicle, most vendors do that too. They however use disclaimers, like "offroad use only" so if you have on accident on the road, it is your responsibility. I am sure when everybody rereads it they will agree, not having a warranty on applicability for a part on a vehicle doesn't sound right if it was advertised for that vehicle.

I agree, the maturity of the responses, it is very different to NE.

But what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong.

My apologies for going on about this, but I didn't open the door (just hoping to get it shut). I'm sure Chris will be able to put all these issues to rest quickly and we all will move on.

So you just want the discounts hey
Old 06-14-2005, 11:37 PM
Banned

everytime that word is said, i vomit in my mouth a little.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:22 AM
Contributing Member

Please let the pain stop :)

*Sigh* Andries, I hate going tit-for-tat, and I doubt we will ever come to agreement on all points. I am not the kind of person to nit-pick things to death, and life has taught me that there will always be different perceptions that cannot be changed. I will vigorously defend myself for what I think is right just as you do.

I have never claimed to be perfect. Too many people have been attacking as if every single thing they've said or heard is Gospel, without allowing for the possibility it may not be. This attitude stems from credibility. I am relatively new to the forum, therefore I have no credibility. I work for Toyota (a stealership so the joke goes), therefore I have no credibility. Knowing this, and having said what I've said, I hope this is the last we need to revisit this topic.
Originally Posted by bulldog-yota
Thx I think we are on the same page.
Not too far off!

Understand your point, but these are the posts I was referring too.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...08&postcount=1
stating only about 3 kits are availible in the US at 13 April and next shipment only availible in 6-8 weeks
and your post
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...7&postcount=15
stating all parts are availible through normal channels, when it was not the case at that point in time (2 May) nor as I write this (14 June)
I have to go by what ARB told me regarding their product availability, not someone else's post.

ANd the fact that you brought Slee's name in the conversation, when nobody has mentioned their name at that point in time in regards to availibility.
I think that is irrelevant. It was no secret that there were two vendors selling the kit. I see nothing wrong in acknowledging them, since it wasn't done slanderously or out of malice. In fact, I have always stated postive accolades regarding their reputation.

On top of that it was copied from an email which you requested remain confidential, something both James and I honored while you chose to dishonor it. I appreciate your apology after the fact, but you can certainly understand how I feel in regards to that.
I certainly do. I felt horrible, but being called out with the insinuation of plagiarism left me feeling like I had to offer proof. Since I wasn't the one who brought your names in the thread, I felt like it was my only option. Again I am sorry.

Also an FYI you mentioned my name as working 100% with "our vendor" implting Slee, when in fact I never stated that and merely refered you to James as he was the person that did the majority of the legwork on this suspension setup.
My bad. By trying to ensure I didn't miss giving credit to someone I thought may have been involved, I didn't mean to detract credit from another.

I dont think it is reasonable to offer the OME kit for the 4th Gen and not warranty the applicability for this application. I believe if a vendor advertises a product for a vehicle they need to warranty the applicability for that vehicle, don't you? In the case of Tundra coils, it normally is advertised as Tundra coils not as Tacoma suspension coils. If you can not warranty the applicability of a product for an application it would be more reasonable to just advertised the product, dont you? Like OME Prado 120 suspension kit or the part numbers, the onus is on the consumer to validate it them.
Sorry, we won't agree on this. I am not in a position to unequivocally state that products for one vehicle will always fit another. Furthermore, the majority of our customers require 100% bolt-on kits with zero fabrication or modification involved. Spend a day on the phones and you'll know what I mean. We have to try & state everything upfront. Since the title post of the other thread was *4th GEN OLD MAN EMU SUSPENSION LIFT* I am not understanding the distinction you're trying to press...?

Thank you for your mature responses. And I think we are getting on the same page and resolving this. ........ Hopefully we can put this to rest soon.
Frankly, I don't know what else I can do, and I'm not sure we're resolving anything "for the YT community" anymore. I know that alot of people got their nose out of joint when we came here, and especially as an ARB/OME vendor. It's hurt feelings before because we operate on slim margins and pass the savings onto the consumer. Beleive me, we've pissed off alot of Toyota Delaers on other boards, and suffered many attacks from their faithful followers. In the end, our wholesale pricing and customer service have won them over. It is strictly business, but it is a business we love.

It is up to Phil whether we remain active on this board as vendors. I hope he doesn't throw in the towel on YT over this. I for one am ready to move on and start having fun helping people again. I have made my last apologies, and would rather not be asked to revisit these issues which have, at this point, been beaten to death IMO.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:34 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by valkyrie610

It is up to Phil whether we remain active on this board as vendors. I hope he doesn't throw in the towel on YT over this.
Its all good...I still got yer number and you will always have my big mouth out there preachin the gospel CAN I GET AN AMEN!
Old 06-15-2005, 05:38 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Good Times
I have nothing to do w/ this vendor but all I gotta say is the last a few posts sounded way too much like legal crap.

Warranty can kiss my ass cuz I know there's no way in hell anyone will warranty any of my aftermarket stuff... that said I feel that trdparts4u.com was just covering their rear like any vendor will do when selling products that are not specific for the exact make and model. since the manufacturer does not claim that it works should be a clear warning that attempting to make it work on another model breaks all warranty and liability from the manufacturer.

Unfortunately, we live in a society where the stupid sues over everything causing meaningless "warning labels" that trdparts4ru.com has been forced to label. I don't see anything wrong w/ what they are stating in the warranty sense as a reputable Toyota Dealership, I'm pretty certain they have their legal team labeling everything aftermartket they sell.

Now why the other vendor(s) don't label their products. who knows. I suspect it's because they specialize in the offroading community while this dealer also sells other accessories which attracts a larger mass (which has different tastes and interests).

Lastly, when did anyone ask for warranty on any aftermarket product anyhow? It is very clear that this vendor is no where near NE's caliber so mixing them up is nonsense. As a reputable Toyota dealership that supports the offroading community, they should deserve a second look.

Now hook up us w/ some cool discounts
Thanks for offering an perspective that shows understanding of the complexity of the issues we face.

BTW, the discounts are there for the taking... Start wrenching!
Old 06-15-2005, 07:40 AM
Contributing Member

Chris,

You said your piece and I said mine. I expressed my concerns and issues, we agree on some and we dont agree on some.

It was certainly not my intent or anybody elses to have any reputable vendor not be on the board. I have had good, bad and ugly experiences with different vendors, and call them as I experienced them. And I believe that should be the right of any member on this forum.

So lets move on and agree to disagree on some things.

Thx

Andries
Old 06-15-2005, 08:38 AM

Holy cow!!! You guys have been busy, and I missed out on all the fun :cry:

Chris, I second what Andries said, "lets move on and agree to disagree on some things." I see my posts were deleted over on the OME thread, so I can't copy some of the content here... but in a nut shell, I closed with something like:

I'm sure others have had many other good experiences with your company and I don't bash that. I had no other experience with your company with any other parts, so I can't speak for that or generalize about it. I was merely bringing to light the issue that I had for this one particular product at that one particular time. I hope for all of our sake that all the bugs have been worked out in your ordering process and that what I went through won't happen again.

I also clarified in an edit that all my communications from you, Chris, were very professional, but that the issues I had were with another staff member.

This whole thing certainly blew up into more than it was worth! I had an experience and shared it not to discredit or cause harm, but to inform and warn... a caution sign ...a heads up to other perspective buyers of the OME product for the 4th gen 4runners that I experienced some difficulties in the quoting and ordering process with your company, but did not experience them with another vendor. Isn't that what the forum is all about: a community that helps each other out and warns of potential problems? I still feel that bringing this to light was the right thing to do. In hind sight, I'm sure I could have gone about this a little differently, like posting in the vendor section. And I agree, you certainly have every right and obligation to stand up for your company. In the end, I think, or at least sincerely hope, that we have all learned and grown a bit.

Now, lets put this to rest.

-Jesse

Old 07-12-2005, 12:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ummm... Mud-wrestling??? Wow.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:50 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, i have had nothing but good service from them, and would like to say that they are awsome...I just received OME torsion bars from them, at a great discount, and so fast it made my head spin.

I also won some tire deflators from them, which is going to be a god send now that i've started airing down...They are fantastic
Old 09-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just ordered spacers from trdparts on sunday night and they got here yesterday(tuesday). Fast delivery and good price. Now just hope theyfit. ;D
Old 10-25-2005, 03:11 PM

toyotapartssales : strap22

Got my bumper today. Ordered on the 18th. Not only were they the only people with one in stock they also had the best price. Great customer service, I will be using them for my toyota needs.

Strap good job, and Raul I said thanks.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:00 PM

this is the only place i buy toy parts... always great service
Old 10-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
What is their web site, could not find it even by google
Old 11-19-2005, 07:27 AM
Contributing Member

Paul, website is www.trdparts4U.com. Not the greatest site, but you may be able to find what you want by clicking on your model on the left and then doing a search. I think they are in the process of putting a new site together. Your best bet would be to send a PM to Strap22. He's really quick on the replys. I'm about to order some stuff from them pretty soon.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by DH6twinotter
Paul, website is www.trdparts4U.com. Not the greatest site, but you may be able to find what you want by clicking on your model on the left and then doing a search. I think they are in the process of putting a new site together. Your best bet would be to send a PM to Strap22. He's really quick on the replys. I'm about to order some stuff from them pretty soon.
Thanks for the kind words.

You are right the site is not the best. We are in the process of a new site design. Like all good things it takes time and $$$$$. We hope to roll it out by the first of the year. Until it is ready please just PM me with your questions and I will get back to you ASAP. It helps if you have a day time phone # just in case we have any questions.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by si-lo
Got my bumper today. Ordered on the 18th. Not only were they the only people with one in stock they also had the best price. Great customer service, I will be using them for my toyota needs.

Strap good job, and Raul I said thanks.
Thanks for the kind words........Raul said to tell you " Thank You "

Let me know if we can help.......
Old 12-05-2005, 03:32 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Paul H.
What is their web site, could not find it even by google
I am sorry I didn't see this thread until today. I hope you found what you were looking for or you were able to contact us for what you needed. If we can be of service please PM me and i'll be happy to get you whatever you need.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by 98arrunner
this is the only place i buy toy parts... always great service
We appreciate your business and will be here when you need us........Thanks again.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Spoke with Phil (strap22) regarding OEM floor mats for my '91 4Runner. Offered good price and 2 days later I'm resting my feet on them! Perfect fit, color match (considering my truck is almost 15 with 200k+ miles) looks really good. Phil is the man to speak with if you need factory parts, or aftermarket stuff too. I'll be doing biz with him more in the future!! Thanks again, Bill
Old 12-15-2005, 01:59 PM
Contributing Member

Phil is the man...PERIOD.....

Quick Reply: Toyota TRD of Dallas (www.trdparts4u.com)