Old 05-29-2009, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally some video

Ok fellas here you have it

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZVitZp1Se4

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhuBtveme1c

hope you like my video editing and music sync. In my videos its like a requirement to get the music to match the video. Sad thing I had to accomplish this twice only because I cant seem to put these videos no where else other then youtube and the original video I did has copy righted music unlike these versions. All the music used in these version are compiles with freeware music.

The original video fairy posted still has its music so I was hoping any of you who watch it would be willing to criticize which is better in sync with music to the video its self. let me know if I did a good job or a horrible job. I like feedback on how good the video was or how it sucked or how it could be improved and so on. Any comments that normally would be considered flaming towered my videos are welcome however the forum rules don't allow flaming so if your wanting to give me feedback but are afraid of being banned for your input please feel free to sign up to the AFG clan league site I host and add your so called flaming HERE or better yet flame me on the youtube comment at the provided links for the videos

and I ask how you use the youtube feature on these forums

Last edited by shaggy-trash; 05-29-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:14 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
your two links are the same

FLAMING FLAMING FLAMING, LOL

The music was strange but works ok, I like the added footage in the vid. and i like how you set up part 2.

other than that the only thing i know we need is more vid from outside the truck, but we will work on that next trip.

I thought the vid turned out good for being the first one.

Last edited by dark_fairytales; 05-29-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:44 AM

Nice job shaggy!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:35 AM

Fixed

Ok the link is fixed which if you watch the first one it has it own link at the end

I know the music is a bit odd but when its youtube and all you can use is non copyright stuff its what I got. I will get on sound click and try to find some better music for the next video. which is already in the work by the way and is almost fully unscrambled for the first half.

Glad you liked the added footage fairy. I also remembered how youtube started the over video messages and links so I prepared by adding a section in the video to add actually that so I wasn't putting a link in the way of the well worked on creation.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:53 AM

yeah i am impressed as well shaggy. if you'd liek nexy trip i can set you up with a monopod (tripodes do not work for video with out a ball head with a lever release) the monopod would allow you to be rock steady. i also agree we need more outside shots. with the next trip maybe the leader can drop ya off and the last to go through a hard part can pick you up then we can switch back after. very nice editing there man. I like it. be interesting to add some of the funny crap people say along the way with in the music. (yes i know i just got technical)
Old 05-29-2009, 02:25 PM

We shall see

John
I like your idea about the leader dropping me off and its something we can try. Fairy sujusted for me to ride my bike get into position and shoot and let you guys get close or pass and then ride my bike and once again get back into position. I think both ideas are great.

I found my tripod but if your monopod is better there is no harm in putting it to the test.

The video I was working on lost priority as fairy wanted something specific so the next video to come will be later then previously planned but this one is what your looking for anyway as it was the last disc I used to shoot and it has lots more of the out of the vehicle footage. I will still go back to the other video I was working on but I change the priority of it. Remember the videos I got so far are from a single disc I had a total of 4 dvd's used so expect much more.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:00 PM

right on shaggy. the reason a tripod is bad for video is that panning with a tripod cam be a pain in the rear. i have several tripods (god i spent to much in tripods) but one of them has a tripod deal to adjust it. glad to hear that you got 4 disks.
what type of editing software do you use?
can't wait to see more vids
Old 05-29-2009, 07:00 PM

Nice pic

rock on John that knocks my project to the curb after seeing your PM message with the image. Cant wait to show everyone but I want them to see it in the video first. Its the shaggy-trash mobile.

You bet I'm going to use it

Much thanks
Old 05-29-2009, 07:03 PM

glad you like it buddy.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:31 PM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
nice vids, shaggy...
and thanks for panning the camera towards brians truck in the second vid... noone needed to see me bent over locking my hubs in...

but man, that 4runner you guys were following sure was a sexy looking one... happen to know whos it is???
Old 05-29-2009, 11:41 PM

yeah it happened to belong to some that had different gears front and back and had to stop every ten minutes to lock and unlock them
Old 05-30-2009, 06:03 PM

sry i couldnt go guys i had tranny trouble.... =[

looked fun though!!! next trip yall should come down here to hollister and wheel!!
Old 05-30-2009, 06:29 PM

Went wheeling today, looks like a similar place.

Pics later.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:43 PM

More video

I got more video in with an interesting intro. Thank John for the Shaggy-Trash mobile.

The music in this one was a selection by fairy and as much as I like the music its self the files were a pain to deal with and that's the last time ill ever use that music in a video again. I used more then 1 program and the same problem occurred no matter what song I used from that artist. Well I may use it on part 2 just to keep things the same but I felt like strangling my own neck over it.

In any case its uploaded to you tube and its processing its self so when its done processing Ill post it. Its 12:34 AM right now so part 2 will have to come tomorrow and that's only if I can manage getting the music to semi work.

John you asked for true audio aka people talking in the footage. I was going to and I may re-edit the thing and I know its a pain to watch and then re-watch something with a simple audio change but I had enough for tonight with the current audio I did use. It wont be hard to add in as long as I can turn down the sound to the music portion which I believe I can. Some audio will have to be moved out of original place though for i got music over laping music and there is only 2 sound locations in my video editing only way to add a third sound file so things are in its place is if I turn the hole video into a qulity no one cares to watch aka pixilated BS

The program I'm using removes all auido once I put the video in so in order to get auido I got to use another program to extract the auido from the video to use it as a auido file
Old 05-31-2009, 11:51 PM

The video is live

Ok here is the footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=breObxeiQKI

I loaded it as is to get the video out there as people been wanting to see it otherwise I would have added the extra audio that was requested before uploading anything.

ENJOY!

After I get all the videos done up I will compile all the best parts of all the videos together and make a super cool video

Last edited by shaggy-trash; 05-31-2009 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:54 AM

You did a great job there Shaggy!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 09:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I hope we get even better vid. shots on the next trip.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 AM

yeah for sure. i am looking forward to this next trip. I am gonna make the Lassen loop here in the next few weeks. kinda hope to go before the snow melts completely so i can get some good pics. plus it is a nice trip for the wife and kid.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:15 PM

Agreed

Yup I mostly got fairys vehicle. I got troy coming up the same hill as fairy but mostly just fairy. Next time we will find a way to work it out. Sad thing is all that pausing with the camera and the DVD's and its not from the shaking of the truck either as I had the same issues on previous recording when I was using the tripod.

Oh by the way I got video of fairy upgrading his rig. I'm sure many of you want to see that.

If you do let me know.

Last edited by shaggy-trash; 06-01-2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:28 PM

Received 118 Likes on 67 Posts
well, i guess we have one more part to add to the broken list...
found out today that the vibrations and clunking noises that ive been feeling since i got home from redbluff are the u-joint on the slip yoke going out... its BAD...
guess all that dust decided to chew up the needle bearings? lol...

Quick Reply: Hogsback, peligreen, ponderossa loop