YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Trip-Trail Reports & Photos (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100/)
-   -   SE4RJ Action Thread (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100/se4rj-action-thread-85695/)

1985 4Runner 05-17-2006 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
I was happy to help! And no need to worry about the parts...just a seal or two and some gaskets...no big deal. You do need to email me about the Factory Service Manual though. :hillbill: (I have my PM stuff turned off).

Will did give you the birf.

I worked on some slider adapters tonight as a matter of fact, as I'm a bit behind on filling orders due to SE4RJ3, but that's just wheeling. :)

That is a mighty fine shot of a slider adapter too! :great:

:guitar:

Cool, I'll e-mail you about the download. I just noticed the angle that Hi-Lift is at in the pic... :scared: Quite a selling point for your adapter I think....

bamachem 05-18-2006 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by dragr1
Yeah, I know it, the cruiser coils would be great with airbags.

Andy-how hard are those airbags to install?

jack up the rear, put a stand under the frame and let the rear axle droop as much as possible. (if the coils come out easily, then take them out and do this "on the bench" and then just reinstall them) take a hack-saw BLADE and slide it in between the coils and cut off the lower puck on the conical bumpstop. slide it out between the coils and then cut off the next one and slide it out. mash the bag flat (w/ your foot) and put some tape over the nozzle, and squeeze it into the coil. it helps if you spray some WD40 on the coil wraps. it should just "pop" into place. take the tape off the top nozzle, run the hose down the center hole in the conical bumpstop and attach it to the nozzle. jack it up, take out the stand and let it back down. the bag will reinflate itself and take it's original shape.

do the other side.

now hook the hoses together w/ a tee fitting and then install the air-up valve on the driver side rear body mount bracket - easiest and convienent spot w/ a factory hole already there. stick the tubing on the valve and put some air in 'em.

i've done 3 sets now. i can do a pair in about 30-45 min...

yotaman 05-18-2006 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by 1985 4Runner
Has anybody tried to use the FJ Trailteam ID card they were given to see the pics they took yet?
I go to the site & put my card # in, and it just redirects me back to the login. I guess they haven't got them posted yet.

My pictures from the FJ Team work. I got 3 cards and they all work.

sschaefer3 05-18-2006 06:40 AM

Mine works:

http://www.sonoransteel.com/Steve_FJ...rail_Teams.jpg

ravencr 05-18-2006 06:46 AM

Nothing like a good Broke Back cowboy FJ Cruiser pic! :)

Chris

sschaefer3 05-18-2006 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by ravencr
Nothing like a good Broke Back cowboy FJ Cruiser pic! :)

Chris

Getting turned on again I see.......

:mrt:

ravencr 05-18-2006 07:03 AM

I know! I can't wait to see you again next month and get to ride in the front seat of your broke back 4runner! :)

Chris

1985 4Runner 05-18-2006 07:04 AM

My ID still won't work. The team member Rod, rode in my truck the whole 2nd day & took some really good pics of my truck too. I hope somebody got some more pics. I will have the rest of mine posted to the SE4RJ3 Gallery by the end of the day.

Stump1883 05-18-2006 08:52 AM

Yeah mine didn't work the first day either, I'm gonna try later today once I'm home for longer than a lunch period.

1985 4Runner 05-18-2006 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Stump1883
Yeah mine didn't work the first day either, I'm gonna try later today once I'm home for longer than a lunch period.

I think there are a few good pics of your truck on my photobucket page for SE4RJ3. I posted a link earlier in this thread.

frty6&2 05-18-2006 11:04 AM

Damage report:
3 broken steering knuckle studs- replaced on the trail with help from Roger, Ernie, Brett, Paul, and Mark.
1 thrashed trunion bearing- Roger had a spare
Jumped a tooth on my timing chain- adjusted by Mark
Gas Tank skid plate now hits driveshaft during flex
Rear Bumper- you guys saw it
smells like I burnt up my valve seals, might as well rebuild the whole engine

Can't wait to go back and break some more stuff

yotaman 05-18-2006 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by frty6&amp (Post 2)
Damage report:
3 broken steering knuckle studs- replaced on the trail with help from Roger, Ernie, Brett, Paul, and Mark.
1 thrashed trunion bearing- Roger had a spare
Jumped a tooth on my timing chain- adjusted by Mark
Gas Tank skid plate now hits driveshaft during flex
Rear Bumper- you guys saw it
smells like I burnt up my valve seals, might as well rebuild the whole engine

Can't wait to go back and break some more stuff

Dang man. A lot of stuff for you.

I had a problem with my steering studs too.

Damage Report for me
Dirt in my floor.
Bunch of new pinstripes.
My rear bumper is no more.
Tailgate has a lot of new dents and scraches.

Good Times - lets do it again.

1985 4Runner 05-18-2006 07:47 PM

Damage report for me:

Inner axle seal failed, replaced by Wabbit & Jeremy at Crawford's (Thanks!)
Passenger front fender crunched by tire flex, removed on the trail.
Rear bumper pushed into lower side bumper extention.
Small tear in soft top from careless mounting of Hi-Lift.
Lots of dirt & mud too. I'll be counting the days till SE4RJ4!

1985 4Runner 05-19-2006 12:40 AM

I uploaded another 30 pics to the gallery tonight. Still can't get my FJ Trail Team card to work.

sschaefer3 05-19-2006 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by 1985 4Runner
I uploaded another 30 pics to the gallery tonight. Still can't get my FJ Trail Team card to work.

Try going to this page and entering the info, that is how I finally got it to work.

http://www.fjcruisertrailteams.com/index2.cfm

1985 4Runner 05-19-2006 08:37 AM

thanks Steve, that worked. I got one pic, I guess I was expecting a few more, but it's cool. Thanks again for the t-shirt too.

ravencr 05-19-2006 08:44 AM

I got my new to me used Ranger today. I'll post pics this weekend after I pick it up! I don't know if I told everyone, but I asked the buy that bought my 4runner if I could buy it back whenever it comes time that he wants to sell it. Any mileage or condition will be fine and I'm waiting to hear back from him. I thought long and hard about my decision to sell it(after the fact obviously) I just spent too much time, money, and too many good memories to not get it back in the future.

Chris

dragr1 05-19-2006 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by sschaefer3
Try going to this page and entering the info, that is how I finally got it to work.

http://www.fjcruisertrailteams.com/index2.cfm

I didn't get a card, so I guess they didn't take any pics of me. I guess mine is just too much of a grocery getter. :dunno:

frty6&2 05-19-2006 01:15 PM

Ryker, I only got one pic too. They said "Heres a card with all your pics on it. Go to the site and punch in your code." Went to site, punched in code after tooling around for awhile, one pic- me next to my truck. not even an action shot. talk about a bummer.
At least all you guys took plenty of pics of my truck. Cory had 3 out of the 12 he took. I'll post them after I resize them. or after I figure out how to resize them. also, how do I post a video. Cory shot about 20 minutes of slickrock and trail 8's ledges. I think I can download it direct to my PC and then upload it to the net. I'm computer stupid so it might take some time.

Mike

seaflea 05-19-2006 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by frty6&amp (Post 2)
Ryker, I only got one pic too. They said "Heres a card with all your pics on it. Go to the site and punch in your code." Went to site, punched in code after tooling around for awhile, one pic- me next to my truck. not even an action shot. talk about a bummer.
At least all you guys took plenty of pics of my truck. Cory had 3 out of the 12 he took. I'll post them after I resize them. or after I figure out how to resize them. also, how do I post a video. Cory shot about 20 minutes of slickrock and trail 8's ledges. I think I can download it direct to my PC and then upload it to the net. I'm computer stupid so it might take some time.

Mike

Hey Mike,
Here is a post from Mark (formulatoy #36);
"The albums are assigned to the user group and everything should be working fine.

You choose Upload

Find your pics on your puter

Assign each pic to one of the Three Albums Available (Carnage, Trail, Crawfords)

Done...

You can upload 10 at one time. Steve, if you can zip them and email them to me at vanmeter@vanmeteroffroad.com I'll upload them for you so you can get to work."

Just PM him and send the video and all to him. He will put it on the SE4RJ site.

Thanks,
Will