YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Trip-Trail Reports & Photos (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100/)
-   -   SE4RJ Action Thread (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100/se4rj-action-thread-85695/)

zman2day 05-10-2006 04:23 PM

SE4RJ Action Thread

Thought I would check in... make the first post from Crawfords Campground. FREE WI-FI :woo: :banger: The wi-fi is good but you gotta be in front of the office.

I meant to post pics...but I didnt check my cam first...batteries dead.H

Hopefully we will keep this post updated for all the slackers that couldnt make it! :booty:

Z

waskillywabbit 05-10-2006 05:31 PM

I got a site all setup for uploading pics...unlimited bandwidth, but lets keep the pics to a decent size...say 800x600 which you can show on the threads here.

www.se4rj.com/gallery

All you have to do is register w/ a username and password and upload away. :great:

Make sure you put them under "SE4RJ3" (the 2006 gallery that is setup, as there are 3 setup there right now)

Thanks to Mark for setting this up for us! Ftoy#36

FYI: Lockers are plumbed/wired and operational. :rockin:

:guitar:

OutdoorLiving 05-10-2006 06:26 PM

*sniff-sniff* :cry:

1985 4Runner 05-10-2006 06:38 PM

I registered on the site tonight. Thanks Brian & Mark. I hope to take a LOT of pics of everybody this weekend, just got a 1gb card for my camera.
See you all there!

Stump1883 05-10-2006 08:50 PM

Hey Marc, check your PMs dude. :great:

bamachem 05-11-2006 03:55 AM

kewl. i'll be uploading in the evenings at crawfords. :D

Stump1883 05-11-2006 03:59 AM

Just registered, see yall there. :great:

ravencr 05-11-2006 05:59 AM

Just checkin' in!

Chris

zman2day 05-11-2006 07:11 PM

Alright no pics yet...... gotta get the folks around the campfire

bamachem 05-13-2006 02:12 PM

lol... i'm back home. i only got to wheel on friday and drove home today for some family time.

i conquered slick rock when it was semi-wet and had such a blast that i don't have a single pic to post - i was too busy wheelin. there's tons of them being taken, so i'm sure there'll be plenty action shots.

:hillbill:

Supra 4x4 05-13-2006 07:40 PM

Got home around 2:30. Wish I was there hanging out with ya'll. I had a great time, met a great group of guys. Looking forward to next year.

JeepGuyXJ 05-13-2006 11:50 PM

me and andy just got in boone at 3:45am!!

dwh91102 05-14-2006 02:23 AM

:dunno: Theres no pics on that website :dunno:

bamachem 05-14-2006 03:54 AM

not yet. all the shutterbugs aren't back yet. i know austin must've taken 100 by himslef on friday. there were at least 6 or 7 cameras at all angles when i was going up slickrock, plus a couple vid-cams and austin's pro-vid-cam. there'll be plenty of pics, but it will take usually a week to get them all uploaded.

oh, and as a teaser, i got about 3/4 up the face of slickrock and snapped the DS outer CV from excessive droop w/ the front locked. i then winched up that ledge, drove the rest of the way up to the top of the gulley, winched over the washout ledge, then drove the rest of the way to the top. then a guy in a 85 got caught on that last ledge and i went back down to winch him over it. however, then i couldn't back out, and in trying to get back up, snapped the outer on the passenger side since all the weight and all the torque was on that one front wheel - instant 2WD. i had to be winched out of that one. :D i went back out trail 5 in 2hi w/ the rear locked and didn't get hung up one single time.

i cut out the passenger side center section of the front axle on the trail since the outer boot was ripped and it was flopping. the driver side stayed in for the rest of the way back to crawfords. once i got back to crawfords (about 5-6 miles of hard trails and 15 miles of roads), i rented out the shop ($20/hr w/ air tools). i swapped out both front CV's and pulled the rear drum, cleaned the brakes, pulled the rear axle and checked the seal, then put it all back together in less than 2hr! :D

anyway, i had a blast, flogged the schiznit outta my skid and belly pan (saved my XF case from certain death on slickrock) and took on one of the toughest obstacles that tellico has to offer for a vehicle w/ sheet metal (slickrock is crazy hard w/ water - rates up there w/ schoolbus, helicopter pad and guardrail when dry). the trail leading into slickrock is nasty - some stuff just as hard as slickrock itself, but just spread out over about a mile+ of trail.

sorry, but you'll have to wait for the pics!

dwh91102 05-14-2006 04:06 AM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :good: patiently awaiting the pics :drink:

bamachem 05-14-2006 09:21 AM

still no pics/video? man, ya'll are S......L..........O....................W... :roll:

dragr1 05-14-2006 10:42 AM

Just got back, it will take me a while to sort through my pics and vids.

Hey Andy, I spanked Slickrock on Saturday-drove it all w/ no damage, but still had to winch the ledge. Bud and Ernie drove it all including the ledge and made the ledge look like a paved road-they never even stopped or backed up!

Greg also drove it all and went hard left on the last ledge and drove up the dirt wall!

I'm registering on the SE4RJ site right now!

Wow, what a great event!

bamachem 05-14-2006 10:57 AM

:great:

nice to hear that another 3rd gen made it. i guess chris was the first to do it last year. have any other 3rd gens been up it? was it any dryer on the left side where i went? it was really wet over there between the ledges so it was really hard to get any traction.

hurry up and get some pics/videos up!

also, how was the dinner/raffle? everyone have a good time? any other damage yesterday?

i wish i would have at least tried that top ledge, but after the first CV popped, i heard the other one cracking. i think i was lucky to get to the top w/ 1 still in tact. i shouldn't have gone back down and just let ernie. oh well. the passenger side was already weakened, so it was on the way out anyway. at least now i have two "new" axles w/ way fewer miles. those were 154k and the grease in both had water contamination for the last 2 years.

4RocRunner92 05-14-2006 11:44 AM

still nothing yet??? been like 10 days

dragr1 05-14-2006 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by bamachem
:great:

nice to hear that another 3rd gen made it. i guess chris was the first to do it last year. have any other 3rd gens been up it? was it any dryer on the left side where i went? it was really wet over there between the ledges so it was really hard to get any traction.

hurry up and get some pics/videos up!

also, how was the dinner/raffle? everyone have a good time? any other damage yesterday?

i wish i would have at least tried that top ledge, but after the first CV popped, i heard the other one cracking. i think i was lucky to get to the top w/ 1 still in tact. i shouldn't have gone back down and just let ernie. oh well. the passenger side was already weakened, so it was on the way out anyway. at least now i have two "new" axles w/ way fewer miles. those were 154k and the grease in both had water contamination for the last 2 years.

Ernie broke a cv doing the same you did-winching someone off the ledge and backing out.