YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f199/)
-   -   93Xtra-Cab's 1993 Pickup (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f199/93xtra-cabs-1993-pickup-243805/)

racerflea 01-10-2013 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by 93Xtra-Cab (Post 52024218)
Neither of us has bench seats :laugh:

Oops i just realized my goof i meant bucket but yall got me lol sorry

Teuf 01-10-2013 01:53 PM

Its a teddy bear, there he sits.

Hellvision251 01-10-2013 01:56 PM

The very first truck on this tread looks sweet. Kinda looks like mine but paint in alot better condition.

93Xtra-Cab 01-11-2013 04:45 AM

Thanks! It's the same truck through all 10 pages, though

93Xtra-Cab 01-13-2013 08:24 AM

My 194 LEDs came in yesterday, but I'm still waiting for my 12" LED strips. I also got my new drivers side axle shaft in about a week ago. The install seems pretty stright forward, but I found this sweet write-up, just in case: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...ctures-158106/

EDIT: It looks like I got the same axle that toyospearo got, only I didn't pay $99 for mine. I only paid $59 :D

93Xtra-Cab 01-13-2013 08:26 AM

Delete!

ChefYota4x4 01-13-2013 06:19 PM

Teuf, u crack me up! How u likin the blue? Nice work 93... Didnt notice ur cv blowout... My OEM reboot kit job went pretty well. Looking forward to the led stuff pix:great:

Teuf 01-13-2013 08:28 PM

Blue is ok. I'll get a brighter one though. White.

lil_red_yota 01-15-2013 06:18 AM

I want to put LEDs in my corner lights and my reverse lights.

93Xtra-Cab 01-23-2013 10:26 AM

I got my new CV shaft installed about a week ago. It became kind of a pain.
This is what the FSM says:
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5289/59801054.png
There are a couple things wrong with this:

1. It is much easier to loosen the 6 nuts that fasten to CV to the differential if you leave the truck on the ground with the tire on and keep the hub locked, especially if you're doing this by yourself like I did. If you can't get to a nut, just unlock the hub, spin the shaft, re-lock, and untighten.

2. Step 4? Forget about it. Save some time and head scratching and just go straight to undoing the upper ball joint, brake caliper, and the bracket that holds on the brake line. It's kind of a pain, but what the FSM shows is physically impossible. Trust me.

EDIT: Oh, for those who need to do this in the future, have fun loosening the 6 nuts. I sprayed them with PB Blaster 2 days before and they still were extremely hard to get off. I pulled both triceps trying to get them off, but I was kind of in a weird spot :bigok: The sucky thing is that they were extremely easy to get back on. I torqued them to FSM specs (61 ft*lbs) and didn't put nearly as much effort into tightening them as I did loosening. I don't know if they're all like that or just mine. I'm just saying that you should stretch beforehand :laugh:

93Xtra-Cab 01-25-2013 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4 (Post 52026243)
Nice work 93... Didnt notice ur cv blowout... My OEM reboot kit job went pretty well.

The boot tore when I was installing my BJ spacers back in June or July (whenever that was). I'm glad I finally fixed it in time for snow and such.

ChefYota4x4 01-25-2013 09:49 AM

Nice! And, Where u been???

ChefYota4x4 01-25-2013 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by 93Xtra-Cab (Post 52031238)
I got my new CV shaft installed about a week ago. It became kind of a pain.
This is what the FSM says:

There are a couple things wrong with this:

1. It is much easier to loosen the 6 nuts that fasten to CV to the differential if you leave the truck on the ground with the tire on and keep the hub locked, especially if you're doing this by yourself like I did. If you can't get to a nut, just unlock the hub, spin the shaft, re-lock, and untighten.

2. Step 4? Forget about it. Save some time and head scratching and just go straight to undoing the upper ball joint, brake caliper, and the bracket that holds on the brake line. It's kind of a pain, but what the FSM shows is physically impossible. Trust me.

EDIT: Oh, for those who need to do this in the future, have fun loosening the 6 nuts. I sprayed them with PB Blaster 2 days before and they still were extremely hard to get off. I pulled both triceps trying to get them off, but I was kind of in a weird spot :bigok: The sucky thing is that they were extremely easy to get back on. I torqued them to FSM specs (61 ft*lbs) and didn't put nearly as much effort into tightening them as I did loosening. I don't know if they're all like that or just mine. I'm just saying that you should stretch beforehand :laugh:

YESSSSSSSS! But see, u don't have super power SST's! Haha. . Actually, Its STILL a tight squeeze, even if ya open it up a bit! CAKE once u get moving, and even more cake of u have someone to step on the lower a-arm/or a bottle Jack in the mix :)

ChefYota4x4 01-25-2013 10:02 AM

Nope, not all like that, the 6 bolts? But always pretty good Pop on them. The reason Totota uses that method is cuz 1. Is usually in the air on a lift and 2. The leverage, even when its just on stands, is sooooooo much better. I hung from mine, all my 230#.... pushing with my foot on frame... using a 32", 0.5" drive breaker and stuck a huge screwdriver between 2 bolts ..... so I was pushing and pulling at the same time. But then again, I'm not back east! TOTALLY feel for those who fight the orange monster!

93Xtra-Cab 01-25-2013 10:39 AM

I guess I should have jacked the truck up, put a short length of 6x6 lumber under each of the front tires and then let it down on the lumber. It would have given me more ways to configure myself under the truck. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20 :chairfall

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4 (Post 52032326)
Nice! And, Where u been???

I'm back in school now :( :flush:

ChefYota4x4 01-25-2013 10:45 AM

DON'T KNOCK THE SKEWOOLS! lol... No, really, good for you, man! KILL IT! I REALLY enjoyed College. :great: S'hard, at times, but YOU'LL MISS IT, trust me! lol. Lots less screaming in college compared to at the workplace, right? lol.

See ya round, bud, ..... stay safe through the rest of the winter! :eeek:

93Xtra-Cab 02-01-2013 03:55 AM

On my way to school yesterday, I pulled off the freeway and I started feeling this terrible vibration. It felt almost as if I were driving on those rumble strips you see on the side of the road, just not that bad. At first I thought it was a front wheel bearing, but after driving it 30 miles back home, it felt like it was more in the rear. After taking a look through everything, I'm fairly certain that it is the carrier bearing for the 2 piece rear drive shaft. It has a significant amount of play. How much play should there be?

irab88 02-01-2013 04:25 AM

when i had my 2-piece, there was almost no play. also, check your driveshaft bolts

93Xtra-Cab 02-01-2013 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by irab88 (Post 52035560)
when i had my 2-piece, there was almost no play. also, check your driveshaft bolts

I didn't even think to check them. I'll have to do that tonight. I only checked for play. There's at least 1/4" of play in the carrier bearing.

irab88 02-01-2013 06:53 AM

yeah, a quarter-inch seems excessive. is it the actual bearing, or is it the mount in the bracket? if it's just the mount, bolt that down. if it's the bearing itself, and the bearing is too much money, you could look into a single-piece driveshaft.