YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   tons o maintenance done, and truck is running goooooooood (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/tons-o-maintenance-done-truck-running-goooooooood-53519/)

payyourtoll 03-06-2005 09:03 AM

tons o maintenance done, and truck is running goooooooood

Well Dominique had a small overhaul of maintenance this weekend.

new timing belt
+ other belts (V, a/c, alt)
new water pump
new thermotstat
oil change and lube
new pcv
new fuel filter
clean and oil Amsoil filter
tranny flush
coolant flush
full lube + greasing

and to top it off a triple helping of SEAFOAM

Man, the seafoam rocks. Bamachem convinced me to do it here

She is running good and strong, hopefully my mileage will improve too.

:great:

photoleif 03-15-2005 08:09 PM

did you do all that yourself, or have a mechanic do it? if the latter, mind if i ask what you paid? i'm looking at quite a bit of that (minus the water pump) coming up soon, and am dreading it... thx bud

payyourtoll 03-16-2005 04:33 AM

The belts and water pump are things I would never try to do, outside of my ability. I was originally quoted $830 from my local Toyota dealer to do these two things alone. I asked if they would price-match, and they said yes. So I shopped around, basically called every dealer within 100 miles, and had the lowest quote faxed to me, it was 600. They matched it, and I had them flush the tranny for another 100.

They noticed that the thermostat was a junky off-brand and replaced it at no charge :great:

If they are doing your timing belt, the water pump is RIGHT THERE to change out. Most places will not even charge for labor to do this, just for the part.

I did all the other stuff myself, you know, the easy stuff ;)

4RunnerFever 03-16-2005 04:46 AM

Feels like you have a new truck doesn't it? I love it when all required maintenance is done on my rig! :great:

payyourtoll 03-16-2005 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by 4RunnerFever
Feels like you have a new truck doesn't it. I love it when all required maintenance is done! :great:

Feels damn good to have it out of the way. Hurts at first $$ tho

I am going to be towing this summer so I wanted to be as worry-free as I could

Beartracker 03-16-2005 06:35 AM

2001 Tacoma S5 4x4 extended cab with 2.7 engine and auto transmission....Just had my transmission filter replaced and it cost me $35.00 for the gaskit and filter, about $20.00 for the new fluid and $20,00 in labor from my local mechanic....$75.00 total. Then I had him replace the fuel filter, grease and oil and oil filter changed useing Mobile one syn 5w30. Total was $60.00. New brake pads and rotors in front and adjust the back shoes (They looked like new) Labor and parts $90.00 . I pay cash and he doesn't charge me any tax. The best mechanic I have ever had . Mike

ugadawg95 03-16-2005 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by payyourtoll
The belts and water pump are things I would never try to do, outside of my ability. I was originally quoted $830 from my local Toyota dealer to do these two things alone. I asked if they would price-match, and they said yes. So I shopped around, basically called every dealer within 100 miles, and had the lowest quote faxed to me, it was 600. They matched it, and I had them flush the tranny for another 100.

Dang...I got my timing belt and all of the other belts plus the water pump installed for less than $400 this was at a dealer too. They were running a special on the timing belt for $219 installed :smokin: I guess things in the 'concrete jungle' are a wee bit spendy.