YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Factory Chrome Pkg 2002 (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/factory-chrome-pkg-2002-a-8060/)

ManyMods 03-26-2003 01:57 AM

Originally posted by butnut
You can call your local Toy dealer and ask for prices on the '02 4Runner chrome package items...that's what I did. If I remember correctly ( I get a small discount) handles were about 80 bucks each, rear garnish was about 120 bucks. Mirrors, I don't know.
:nerd:

Okay, we can go around and around on this and individuals can go off on their own and get prices on various parts, but I would like to suggest that who ever is interested in this bling bling join me and get organized in finding the best price on the various items.

I am going to post the PN's now, as given to me by my parts rep. I am not going to post the prices because I want other people to contact their favorite Internet resource and get the best price they can, then we can compare notes. I don't want anyone to use my prices as a leverage with their resource, that's not right as far as I am concerned. Just tell your guy to give it his best shot with a quantity discount (1-6. 6-12, etc.) The idea is that he may be getting multiple orders (read GP).

Of course, the first thing we need to do is decide which are going to be the most popular items. I still need to talk to my parts rep, but here is what he sent me last night.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Metro Toyota
I did not find a chrome exhaust tip. That I believe is something that you will have to get at a muffler shop.

The mirrors are sold as complete units. I am unable to get just the covers.

I need the correct color code for the door handles. I guess the trim around the chrome handle is painted to match the color of the vehicle. The part number below is for a black 4runner.

53111-35400 GRILLE

87940-35560 MIRROR

87910-35590 MIRROR

69210-35120-C1 HANDLE

69220-35120-C1 HANDLE

75085-35020 MOULDING

75086-35020 MOULDING

75087-35020 MOULDING

75088-35020 MOULDING

76801-35220 GARNISH, taillight

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<END

I have information on wheels but that is still a little sketchy and I need to talk to Toyota about that. However, I don't think we are really going to be interested in that ... are we?

The parts I am interested in are the mirrors, rear tail light garnish and maybe the door handles.

Lets see if we can get something going within the next 5 days. :roll:

prolax13 03-26-2003 04:30 PM

Id be interested in the door handles, the license plate garnish and the mirrors. However, this is not something that I need to do immediatly and I would rather wait on getting them until this summer depending on the prices of the items. Having said that, I guess I wont be taking part in any group buy until later in the year.

MY024runner 03-26-2003 04:37 PM

IT might be their chrome package that they offer as an option

ManyMods 03-27-2003 06:15 AM

I just got off the phone with my Parts rep and I have to ammend the information I gave you because some of it may be bogus.

The PN for the rear tail light garnish is probably WRONG.

The PN for the chrome grille may be the same one for the OE grille that comes on most 4R's

The PN for the chrome trim is the standard trim that you can get on any SR5. I don't know if there is any special trim offered for the chrome package.

He is trying to get better information but I don't have much hope for that. Therefore, we need to pursue more knowledge sources.

Anyone in the Japan pipeline who is following this thread could really help us a lot by checking the PN's in Japan.

I need GOOD PN's to get this stuff and I cannot believe it has to be this difficult. Grrrrrr

ManyMods 03-28-2003 05:58 AM

Corrected PN's

Here are the corrected PN's on two items plus one additional item from the SR5 Chrome / Sport Package:

Tail light chrome trim: PZ327-35010

Exhaust Tip: PZ327-35001

Skid Plate: PZ327-35003

Jason B 04-02-2003 05:56 AM

http://toyotaparts4u.com/DanR_3.jpg

Andrey 05-08-2003 10:49 AM

I personally would be interested in door handles, if that deal is still going on.... Did anyone even receive any of the chrom package parts?

ManyMods 05-08-2003 06:41 PM

Originally posted by Andrey
I personally would be interested in door handles, if that deal is still going on.... Did anyone even receive any of the chrom package parts?
There is no deal and nothing is going on. No one is interested and so I went ahead and got just the stuff I am interested in --- exhaust tip and tail lamp covers. :cool:

What's with the WANTED driver side assist handle? The darn thing only costs about $13.00 :roll:

sabre 07-22-2003 05:24 AM

Did anyone order any of these parts? I am interested in pricing on some of them. I would like the license plate granish. Possibly the door handles.

Beachrunner 07-22-2003 07:45 AM

I've been eyeballing the chrome license plate garnish myself.... the factory finish is wearing off of the top edge of the gray one I have. Can't decide if I should paint it to match the body or buy the chrome one. Are they only attached with tape?

Beachrunner 07-22-2003 07:46 AM

I guess I'll just paint it since my emblems are black pearl.

pfdaxe 07-22-2003 10:06 AM

To access the license plate garnish, you need to remove the interior panel. I removed mine when I had mine painted a couple of years ago(before Toyota started painting them for the '02s-bastards copied me). They are held on with clips or screw(can't remember which)but there were quite a few screws to take off to get to it.

If you guys want prices on the chrome pieces...why don't you call the dealer or check with a dealer on-line??

sabre 07-22-2003 10:10 AM

apparently dealers are the only access to these? dealers tend to be more expensive then retailers. I guess if its a factory part then we have to go that route.

pfdaxe 07-22-2003 10:15 AM

Yeah...they are dealer items only. Try www.toyotaworld.com or a few of the other on-line dealers. I have saved $$$ by shoping dealers on-line. Also, try Yota tech member TOR since he works at a dealer parts counter.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/memb...fo&userid=1730