YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/)
-   -   Can I lower SAW's w/1" BL? (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/can-i-lower-saws-w-1-bl-31449/)

guinness 04-26-2004 01:52 PM

Can I lower SAW's w/1" BL?

Has any one ever lowered thier saws after a 1"BL to imp cv angles? If so how much?

Flygtenstein 04-26-2004 04:47 PM

Well, if you now have another inch of lift, you can uncrank the SAW's until your tires rub again.

00Runner 04-27-2004 08:30 AM

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you just want to fit larger tires, then do what Flygtenstein said. If you are trying to gain ground clearance, then the body lift won't help you any and by lowering the SAWs you will lower your clearance.

shazaam 04-27-2004 08:35 AM

ok I don't understand something here .. how does putting a body lift on affect your cv angles ... I thought the axles went from the frame to the wheel. :dunno: Or are the attached to the body?

dbikeman 04-27-2004 08:48 AM

Hes saying he is going to add a 1" BL to compensate for lowering the saws. Then He will still have the same amount of clearance at the fender for his tires with less stress on the cv's due to the lesser angle of them.

guinness 04-27-2004 04:01 PM

Thanks for the input. Im w/ the bl Im trying to eliminate the slight rubbing I currently have. But like dbikeman said if I can eliminate the rubbing and still lower the SAWs (thus imp cv ang) w/ the bl than Im golden :smokin:
Thanks again for the input. Anyone whos done what Im thinking about feel free to chime in.

AG

shazaam 04-27-2004 04:08 PM

why not just keep the SAWs at 3", get a 1" diff drop, and do the body lift. Then you get the best of both worlds and not sacrifice your CV either.

Mad Chemist 04-27-2004 07:21 PM

I'd do the body lift and drop the saws, even with the diff drop the cv angles aren't great and I still got some grease seepage. The closer you are to stock, the longer your cv's will last. Also, keeping less tension on the SAWS will soften the ride up a bit as well. You could also install the Revtek Top Out Spacer that will also gain you some lift and drop the SAWS even further. This will make the suspension even flexier, but won't do jack for the CV's.

RTdawgs 04-27-2004 08:38 PM

yes i have. i dropped my suspension to 2" after my 1" body lift.

i am actually thinking about dropping it another 1".

guinness 04-28-2004 03:40 PM

Thanks Dawgs,
Ive used your (and Schaefers) site for alot of info, if I can drop my saws almost 1" w/ a bl I think its worth it.

I know you got a roger brown 1" did you need the steering spacer and radiator reloc? and what kit did you order?

I hope you eventually get SS's approval.

Thanks AG

RTdawgs 04-28-2004 03:54 PM

i did get the steering spacer but no radiator bracket.

i got ultimate blocks and standard hardware i believe.

guinness 04-28-2004 04:00 PM

Thanks again,

Good luck on the approval, It might help if you bought something from him :)

AG