YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   san diego memorial weekend (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/san-diego-memorial-weekend-86054/)

miguelitro 05-16-2006 11:00 AM

san diego memorial weekend

so is anyone actually going to be doing a local one day no camping run that weekend?
i would like to do In-Ko-pah, or carveacre(never been...) or corral canyon as a last resort(kinda bored of the place)

anyone? I'm too lazy to drive far, the desert is too hot :cry:
the traffic coming back from mexico will be hell that monday.

Mike

ecchamberlin 05-16-2006 02:54 PM

I will keep an eye on this because I want to do a day run in one of those locations myself. Just not sure how that weekend will go so far. I do know that Sunday is out of the question for me. Sat morn would be cool. I would be down with Carvacre again even though it was the last run we did. It was pretty fun!

I'll check back in on this in a few days.

miguelitro 05-17-2006 12:53 PM

carveacre...i'd like to see the place.

RobT2k 05-17-2006 02:34 PM

Sat morn might work for me, I'd like to run carvacre again. It is a fun run, even if it was the last one you did, there is always something you can try to make it harder if you want.

miguelitro 05-18-2006 11:10 AM

so can we plan on carveacre on sat morn. not too early. do you meet at carls jr. in alpine? can we not meet there at 8AM, I'm young and will be partying alittle friday night:D
Mike

Tanto 05-18-2006 11:12 AM

you're always partying, mike :D

I'd be down for this run if I hadn't already made plans to go to Big Bear the same day.

miguelitro 05-18-2006 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Tanto
you're always partying, mike :D

I'd be down for this run if I hadn't already made plans to go to Big Bear the same day.

not allways, i work 40 hours a week.
Mike
have fun in big bear, fun trail but not really my style you know, i do wan to get up to miller jeep trail sometime though

ecchamberlin 05-18-2006 08:37 PM

Miller Jeep trail is big fun. I did it in my 99 Taco. It just keeps going up for a long A## time. Nice trail in a wooded area. It was a TTORA run and we drove up in the AM did the run and came back down to SD all in the same day. I was a tired dude.

I really hope to make this.

Toyopnoy 05-18-2006 10:03 PM

I'm up for carveacre, i'll be in San Diego that weekend for a family party on Sunday. I can definately sneak away on Saturday morning and make it. This trail is super fun and i'm definately not bored with it haha...

miguelitro 05-19-2006 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by ecchamberlin
Miller Jeep trail is big fun. I did it in my 99 Taco. It just keeps going up for a long A## time. Nice trail in a wooded area. It was a TTORA run and we drove up in the AM did the run and came back down to SD all in the same day. I was a tired dude.

I really hope to make this.

i've been all over that area on motorcycles and it looks like a fun truck trip, but i would definatly be camping, i hate driving tired

Carveacre, sat 27th, around 9:30ish
Hopefully someone who knows the trail will be there, i dont know exactly where it is
Mike

funrunner91 05-19-2006 12:20 PM

can i roll with you guys, i dont want to go to big bear....any directions to miller jeep trail or to the Carveacre????

miguelitro 05-19-2006 12:26 PM

yes you can roll, but no you cant get directions to carveacre from me. I actually have no idea how to get there:D if no one comes along who knows the way we'll have to go somewhere else like corral or inkopah...Miller Jeep is up in gorman...i need to finish up some mods befor i tackle that one, rear suspension needs to get done, trac bar and belly pan hope to be done by new yearsLOL
Mike

Toyopnoy 05-19-2006 12:34 PM

I'm pretty sure there will be some veterans going on this trip. Just set a time to meet at the carl's jr in Alpine off Tavern road.

miguelitro 05-19-2006 01:11 PM

chill

How about 9:30 at the Carls Jr. off Tavern road in Alpine on Sat May 27th.

is this a full day run or just a few hours? just curious.

funrunner91 05-19-2006 01:32 PM

oh sorry miguelitro, i went to gorman and ran miller jeep trail but i did not know where it ended so i turned around, gorman is a lot of fun but its far. so saterday morning at carls jr off tavern rd is the plan?

miguelitro 05-19-2006 01:39 PM

yes that is the plan:D

miller jeep connects from the top of that one hill out past piru creek and then goes out to the other end out there at frazier park:D I'm a wealth of info arnt I...

RobT2k 05-19-2006 03:29 PM

9:30 sounds good. I guess I'm the only one who knows how to get there so far??
Just to make it clear for the guys in Orange-
We're meeting at a Carls jr on Tavern rd exit off of the 8 east fwy, in Alpine, CA(SD county)
After that jumping back on 8 east for about 10-15 mins to the 79 interchange exit.

I think if we don't mess around too much or have any issues, this run usually takes around 3+ hours. My personal record for just mobbing straight thru is 1hr 45mins, but it was in alot better shape then, not as many deep ruts.

Tanto 05-19-2006 03:46 PM

You know, you don't have to get back on the 8 after you meet at Carl's Jr. Making a left out of Carls Jrs and continuing straight will lead you to carveacre. I'll be going on this one if no one wants to go on my Big Bear trip.

Wintermute 05-19-2006 05:54 PM

I'm certainly interested, never been to carveacre. How tough is the trail?

Toyopnoy 05-19-2006 08:44 PM

Sorry Ryan to bail out...but yah the backroads off tavern are actually pretty quick and not to bad of a drive.

The trail is a little technical in some spots not too bad. If that is your truck in the avatar you "shouldn't" have any problems...