YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   93-98 T100s (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f132/)
-   -   Clutch drops to floor (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f132/clutch-drops-floor-229069/)

godonr 02-04-2011 04:54 PM

Clutch drops to floor

On a '96 T100 with 4cyl. Recently changed cracked clutch sub assy and everything was fine until the other day. The clutch shifts normally and then starts to return slowly until the next time it's depressed, it just drops to the floor. I can pull it back up with my foot and it will work awhile before doing it again. Slave was replaced before clutch bracket and I see no signs of leaking anywhere. Master is orig with 126K on it. I'm not losing fluid but it does have a strange sound like sucking air when pedal is depressed! Any ideas. Hope it's not the pressure plate, heard you have to pull the engine on this model to replace the clutch. Anyone have any first hand knowledge of that?

eric-the-red 02-05-2011 07:59 AM

Sounds like the internal master cylinder seal has gone, so when you push the pedal the fluid just goes past the piston instead of getting pushed out. Rebuilt ones are not very expensive so I would try that first.

godonr 02-05-2011 08:20 AM

got one and fingers crossed that solves it! thanks

polycrack 02-05-2011 08:40 AM

yup sounds like the master for the clutch is bypassings due to worn seals

blake.nemitz 02-05-2011 09:34 AM

possibly the push pull spring on the top of the pedal?

godonr 02-05-2011 09:52 AM

Yeah... that spring is a booger to get in but I did use new bearings and all when I did the sub assy change so I'm not thinking it's the prob... but, never say never is my motto on stuff like this. thanks for the input

Blue Steel 02-05-2011 12:21 PM

subscribed. hey guys so literally two mins ago im driving down the street when my clutch goes to the floor and wont come back. i had to perfect shift and start in second all the way home not to mention make an amazing amount of unecesary turns at red lights to avoid stopping (even ran a red to get home :) ) so yeah could this be my MC aswell? thanks for the help guys much appreciated. again the clutch pedal is stuck to the floor i can pull it up with me hand thats about it.

godonr 02-05-2011 12:30 PM

blue steel - my clutch still functions when pulled back up and acts like normal for a bit. haven't had a chance to install new mc to confirm it's the problem yet. Yours sure sounds like it too

BamZipPow 02-05-2011 07:14 PM

I would say yer master cylinder is dorked cause of the clutch bracket changed the angle/pressure on the shaft. I'm sure it's worn out yer master cylinder...time to replace it. :D

Blue Steel 02-08-2011 06:49 PM

soooo whats going on guys? :D i replaced my slave and then accidently broke a line while trying to screw it back into the new slave so lost my entire reservoir onto my hand while trying to install this POS. yeah waiting for that line from the stealership. should be here tomorrow... godonr whats going on with your problem???

Kiroshu 02-08-2011 06:54 PM

Theres not very many parts on the clutch system. You said slave was new and you did bleed the system after install. No leaking Fluid. Master Cylinder<----- Cheap part they go bad its the nature of the beast. Replace.

Blue Steel 02-09-2011 12:09 PM

yeah fixed my problem. got that line from toyota today put that and the slave in, bled it and it feels like the day i put my new clutch in =D

Blue Steel 02-09-2011 08:39 PM

ok so do people normally replace the CMC when the replace the slave? cause after bleeding it and driving it around for a while it wasn't as hot as it was.... it wasn't slipping into the gears as smoothly. little bit of resistance there which would lead me to believe that the clutch isn't engaging all the way. so air in the lines or new CMC? i'll bleed again and see... thoughts? thanks.