YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   Trouble With Codes (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/trouble-codes-126701/)

naadomail 10-09-2007 02:24 PM

Trouble With Codes

As many of you know, I have recently invented/equipped the "Yellow Hose Of Texas" mod on my runner. In the process I accidentally started my truck without the MAF sensor plugged in. Problem is, I cannot get the codes to clear. I pulled the EFI relay and left it out for 15 minutes, put it back in and they were still there. I left the EFI relay out for 2 hours, still there. Any ideas??

fillsrunner4 10-09-2007 02:26 PM

undo the battery and turn the key a few times and plug the battery back up. try that

olharleyman 10-09-2007 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by fillsrunner4 (Post 50635404)
undo the battery and turn the key a few times and plug the battery back up. try that

x2 undo the battery and rub the cables together then hook battery back up Rubbing the cables together should clear all power and inturn clear the codes stored. It will also make your truck relearn your driving style and adjust the computer to it.

n4ynu1010 10-09-2007 02:37 PM

CEL Code

Maybe you have a bad wire or MAF Sensor and every time you key the thing it is regenerating code , EFI removed for 30 secs should be enough , and battery disconnected for a few minutes as well , may prove worthwhile to try the "Turn on Ign Key" I guess for GP but ahould have cleared

mr toytech 10-09-2007 04:32 PM

you should remove the efi fuse, not the relay.30 sec should do it unless there is an actual problem.

naadomail 10-09-2007 04:59 PM

Ended up touching the battery cables together. Worked fine codes are clear and we'll see if they pop up again. Thanks all. Also the driving dynamics did change a little, barely noticable. Not sure if it was for the better or worse, but different none the less.

thook 10-09-2007 11:01 PM

Bear in mind, sometimes if one is messing the AFM harness a lot...taking it on and off.....the wires/terminals can work themselves loose from the connector and not get a connection when you plug the connector back in. So, if ever in doubt, it's a good thing to check for.

n4ynu1010 10-11-2007 06:33 PM

Broken Wire

Originally Posted by thook (Post 50635840)
Bear in mind, sometimes if one is messing the AFM harness a lot...taking it on and off.....the wires/terminals can work themselves loose from the connector and not get a connection when you plug the connector back in. So, if ever in doubt, it's a good thing to check for.

Very few take the time to suspect that "King of Illusion" .............the broken wire within the insulation hidden and all the while they pull their hair out and check all the controls again for the 3rd time :) .

Targetnut 10-11-2007 06:52 PM

Do you have a capacitor installed for your stereo?

If so it will store enough charge to keep your ECM memory alive with the battery disconnected for quite some time. Touching the cables together would have discharged it.

n4ynu1010 10-12-2007 05:01 AM

Codes

Originally Posted by naadomail (Post 50635512)
Ended up touching the battery cables together. Worked fine codes are clear and we'll see if they pop up again. Thanks all. Also the driving dynamics did change a little, barely noticable. Not sure if it was for the better or worse, but different none the less.

Well when you reset the ECM it will go into a re-learn mode for a while so the motor running/idling should improve over a bit of time driving , hope your code free !!