YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/)
-   -   2nd gen 3vze headgasket/rebuild engnbldr parts (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/2nd-gen-3vze-headgasket-rebuild-engnbldr-parts-89610/)

taikowaza 07-06-2006 01:31 PM

2nd gen 3vze headgasket/rebuild engnbldr parts

1 Attachment(s)
I need to get my headgasket redone and am thinking of having the engine rebuilt, or replacing the parts that might fail in the future, in order to have a great running engine that will last a long time to come.

Here are the parts that engnbldr sells for the 3vze on ebay:
which ones do you recommend, and if you know any other 3vze aftermarket engine rebuild/HG parts, I would love to hear about them.

thanks a lot- if I have the HG done, I really want to make sure that I have all the other recommended engine mods done at the same time.
needed replacement crankshaft? or, valves?
do you recommend the master kit, or just the HG kit?

thanks a lot
T

Elton 07-06-2006 04:30 PM

go with the master rebuild kit from engnbldr

Bumpin' Yota 07-06-2006 05:21 PM

I dont know if the master rebuild kit includes the headbolts, but be sure to get those.

Swapping cams in these engines are cake since there are no bearing inserts, so do weasy2k's cams! DEF worth it.

Engine builder also offers oversized intake and exhaust valves, which honestly these heads NEED bigger valves particularly on the exhaust side of things.

Perhaps even headers if you have money buring a hole in your pocket! ;)

taikowaza 07-06-2006 10:14 PM

master rebuild kit does include head bolts!
weasey2k's cams, how to get them, how $?

so- master rebuild kit, cams, and valves, and that should do it for the 3vze?
(I already have headers by the way!)

thanks!

Ganoid 07-07-2006 01:04 AM

I was very happy with the kit. It took 6k miles to seat the rings enough to quit using oil just FYI. Be sure to pick Ted's noodle about head torquing techniques he was very informative and I learned a lot.

DirtCheap 07-07-2006 09:45 AM

I, rebuilt mine one month ago using the "Master Rebuild Kit" and it runs great with no problems.

The only problem I, had with the kit was the o-rings for the injectors were too large and would not fit.

taikowaza 07-07-2006 12:57 PM

does the master engine rebuild kit include everything that I need for the full headgasket replace and repair, including bolts?
ie. if I buy this, does it include all parts for everything?
also...do you consider this a good deal?

snap-on 07-07-2006 01:18 PM

Master engine rebuild includes everything you need for a HG replacement pluss MUCH MUCH MUCH more.

It includes everything you need for a complete rebuild of the block.

I just went with rings, bearings, full gasket kit, and head bolts. i reused pistions, oil pump, freeze plugs etc. and saved some $$

and yes very good deal!

taikowaza 07-07-2006 01:52 PM

master rebuild kit

thanks snap-on, bumpin, ganold, dirtcheap and elton
looks to me that the master rebuild kit is the best option for the 3vze.
If I were to have this done by a mechanic (not a dealer), what kind of $ am I looking at, if I supply the master rebuild kit

-another question-
would you buy the oversized valves and weazy2k cams (what is the thread for these? I searched weazy2k cams but no luck) to go with this, or, master rebuild kit enuf

-don't want to realize down the road, once master rebuild is installed, that I should have done cams/valves too

Elton 07-07-2006 01:57 PM

is your 4runner a 5spd

taikowaza 07-07-2006 05:57 PM

yes, 5speed- why do you ask elton
i get the feeling impt. info is coming!

Vrooooom 07-07-2006 08:09 PM

are you going to rebore the cylinders?

taikowaza 07-07-2006 11:34 PM

vroom- this is a good question, and I don't know the answer.
can you explain reboring the cylinders, price, worth it?
here is the situation.
I have a 92 3vze and I am putting in the ISR mod. it's got thorley headers and a nice exhaust and I'm really happy with that.
I have a bored throttle body and intake which I want to install.
I know that the HG is going. The recall has already been done. I am looking for a 3vze restore which will take advantage of my headers and throttle/intake bore.
If I get the master kit from engnbldr and have that done, I want to make sure that I take advantage of all the possible 3vze improvements, so I get it done once and for all. I'm looking for as powerful and stable an engine rebuild as is possible for the 3vze.
I get the feeling that the master rebuild kit is a great place to start.
it includes the hg and all bolts, and many other replacements.

I would like to know more about your comment, bumpin', when you wrote:
"Swapping cams in these engines are cake since there are no bearing inserts, so do weasy2k's cams! DEF worth it.
Engine builder also offers oversized intake and exhaust valves, which honestly these heads NEED bigger valves particularly on the exhaust side of things."

I'm not so sure, but I think that it would be good to have all these done at the same time, rebuild, cams, valves.
have I missed anything?
hopefully not

Bumpin' Yota 07-08-2006 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by taikowaza
vroom- this is a good question, and I don't know the answer.
can you explain reboring the cylinders, price, worth it?
here is the situation.
I have a 92 3vze and I am putting in the ISR mod. it's got thorley headers and a nice exhaust and I'm really happy with that.
I have a bored throttle body and intake which I want to install.
I know that the HG is going. The recall has already been done. I am looking for a 3vze restore which will take advantage of my headers and throttle/intake bore.
If I get the master kit from engnbldr and have that done, I want to make sure that I take advantage of all the possible 3vze improvements, so I get it done once and for all. I'm looking for as powerful and stable an engine rebuild as is possible for the 3vze.
I get the feeling that the master rebuild kit is a great place to start.
it includes the hg and all bolts, and many other replacements.

I would like to know more about your comment, bumpin', when you wrote:
"Swapping cams in these engines are cake since there are no bearing inserts, so do weasy2k's cams! DEF worth it.
Engine builder also offers oversized intake and exhaust valves, which honestly these heads NEED bigger valves particularly on the exhaust side of things."

I'm not so sure, but I think that it would be good to have all these done at the same time, rebuild, cams, valves.
have I missed anything?
hopefully not

:D This link has info about the cams:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/show...t=77604&page=3

Thats what Im doing to my 3vze!
This link has pics of my progress as well as planned mods
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116/pics-my-hg-replacement-sloooow-going-88538/

Elton 07-08-2006 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by taikowaza
yes, 5speed- why do you ask elton
i get the feeling impt. info is coming!

just asking as its not in your sig

s_wall98 10-30-2006 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by taikowaza (Post 938617)
thanks snap-on, bumpin, ganold, dirtcheap and elton
looks to me that the master rebuild kit is the best option for the 3vze.
If I were to have this done by a mechanic (not a dealer), what kind of $ am I looking at, if I supply the master rebuild kit

-another question-
would you buy the oversized valves and weazy2k cams (what is the thread for these? I searched weazy2k cams but no luck) to go with this, or, master rebuild kit enuf

-don't want to realize down the road, once master rebuild is installed, that I should have done cams/valves too

Looks like I'm gonna have to bring this old, fun thread back to life.
I'm pretty sure I'm having HG issues and believe I'll be purchasing the master kit also.
Anybody have an idea on price, just labor, to put this master kit to use?
Thanks alot

Tim_Snapple76 10-30-2006 03:41 PM

anybody????

suprathepeg 10-30-2006 03:58 PM

I have his OS SS valves and my heads are ported; I love it. Ted is the absolute best all the other companies selling performance 3.0 stuff are using his valves.