YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Seller - Buyer Ratings For Members (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f102/)
-   -   Yotaman: a 5 out of 10 (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f102/yotaman-5-out-10-a-114014/)

thefreqofnature 04-24-2007 01:51 PM

Yotaman: a 5 out of 10

Hello fellow Yotatech members, my name is thefreqofnature. I have been a member here since 2004 and have been coming to this site since way before that. I have received lots of good information here and I have made an attempt to share what little I know. It is with a sense of responsibility that I make this post.
It is not my intent to flame or harass Yotaman. I merely want to share my experience with my fellow members. Yotaman has also been on this site for quite a while and I'm sure has satisfied customers...I wish I was one of them.
I recently posted on one of his sales threads warning others to beware. I did this before I learned about THIS area. What I should have done is made THIS post HERE and NOT in his thread. Posting in his thread WAS WRONG. I did not know I had this option. The following is my experience with Yotaman.

Yotaman listed a set of ball joint spacers for sale. I think the price he was asking was $80 + shipping. I asked of he would sell for $75 + shipping and he agreed. I got his info so I could pay him thru Paypal and waited for him to inform me of the shipping charges. He got back to me and informed me that in addition to the shipping charges there was a $25 "handling charge". I inquired why and is answer is in my signature. I of course did not buy from him. He whined and cried about me jerking him around and going back on a deal. I told him I would be glad to buy the BJ spacers for the agreed price + actual shipping but I would not pay some arbitrary handling charge.
He of course refused... and that is why I put his quote in my signature.

I'm sure he will tell you differently but you have to ask yourself, If he is so proud of what happened when I tried to make a purchase from him, why did HE erase/delete the thread that is now part of my signature.

I am NOT perfect...none of us is. I am NOT attempting to hold myself above Yotaman or say he is bad or anything like that. I said before, it is not my intent to flame or harass Yotaman. I am NOT attempting to tell you to NOT buy form him. If you have had a satisfactory experience with Yotaman I'm happy for you. I think he likely has more satisfied customers than unsatisfied. My ONLY intent here is to share what happened to ME with the fellow members of a website I hold in respect.

justinh 04-24-2007 05:39 PM

Sucks you weren't able to get the parts you wanted but at least no money was lost in the deal, heck you didn't even pay and then have to wait for a refund. I don't know what the rules of this forum are but you didn't buy anything from him and he didn't sell anything to you. Consider yourself lucky that you didn't lose anything. Maybe he changed his mind about your offer or found out that it was going to be a pain to ship to you. Heck I spent almost an entire day trying to ship the last item I sold on here all for it to get stolen of off the buyers front porch before he got home.

I haven't personally bought anything from him or even met him but you are dealing with a longtime member of this forum who has helped out many members I don't think he would pander around on a sale to ruin his reputation here.

waskillywabbit 04-24-2007 06:10 PM

If no money changed hands then Yotaman owed you nothing and owes you nothing and you simply had a disagreement over price and you chose not to purchase at his price for whatever the reason. All that other stuff is fluff.

:guitar:

Tofer 04-24-2007 06:10 PM

:good:

25 bucks may not be that out of hand... according his profile he lives in GA. you live in southern CA. ball joint spacer a nothing but a blocks of metal. granted its aluminum, but it still has weight. i believe it cost me like 16 bucks to ship my old BJ spacers. then you throw in a 5 bucks for a box and packing supplies. plus its his time. it still a little steep but not that un-called for.

justinh 04-24-2007 06:27 PM

I am glad I wasn't alone in my view.

fireteacher 04-24-2007 08:38 PM

75 + shipping + 25 handling fee

or

75 + shipping .....

seems a bit different to me! no harm done i suppose though. purely a miss communication?

thefreqofnature 04-24-2007 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit (Post 50510571)
If no money changed hands then Yotaman owed you nothing and owes you nothing and you simply had a disagreement over price and you chose not to purchase at his price for whatever the reason. All that other stuff is fluff.

There was no disagreement on price. We agreed on the price $75 + shipping. Then 3 or more days when he got back to me he told me there was a $25 handling charge. NOT shipping handling charge

thefreqofnature 04-24-2007 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tofer (Post 50510573)
:good:

i believe it cost me like 16 bucks to ship my old BJ spacers.

Thats shipping. I had agreed to pay shipping. He pulled a $25 handling charge out of thin air.

thefreqofnature 04-24-2007 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by fireteacher (Post 50510734)
75 + shipping + 25 handling fee?

YES!

Originally Posted by fireteacher (Post 50510734)
purely a miss communication?

If I thought it was a miscommunication fine...no harm done. But we agreed on the price. 3 days later he adds a handling charge.

insane04 04-25-2007 05:53 AM

that is why i like USPS flat rate boxes $8.10 ships as much weight as you can get into the box and the box is FREE! handeling fees are BULLSHIAT

nc994run 04-25-2007 08:28 AM

Its really his (yotaman) choice if he wants to change the price. Since you never actually sent any money, sounds to me like a "no harm no foul" type situation. In the end you just couldnt agree on a price. If you had already sent him money that would be a different situation, but i dont see that there is that much to complain about considering no money or parts exchanged hands.

yotaman 04-28-2007 08:47 AM

All I'm going to say is this guy can't even keep his story's straight. He wanted not only the BJ Spacers but 2 Rancho Shocks.

Originally Posted by thefreqofnature (Post 50510306)
He whined and cried about me jerking him around and going back on a deal.

LMAO :con: You "thefreqofnature" were the one that was whining and crying and you still are about me not wanting to sell you my items because I felt like it was a waste of my time.

Here's a copy of every email that conversed between this guy and myself. After reading them ask yourself if you would waste anymore of your time on this guy.

############################################

On 12/27/06, thefreqofnature
<his email> wrote:

The shocks will fit my 88 4Runner right?
Will you take $165+shipping for both?

--- Greg Bennett <yesgeek@gmail.com> wrote:

They will fit your 88 with no problems. I
can do $180.00 plus shipping (your
only talking $15 - this is a smoking deal).
The BJ spacers are not a wear
item and sell for $110.00 plus shipping on
most sites and the shocks don't
have many miles on them. The shocks alone
can sell for around $80.00+ each.

If you pay by PayPal I can have them
shipped this week. Send me your address
and I'll get you a shipping quote if you?re
interested.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,
Greg Bennett

On 12/28/06, thefreqofnature
<his email> wrote:

Done

I think UPS ground may be the cheapest. I can
PayPal to your email when I get a tracking number.

Total is $210.00 with shipping. My PayPal
email address is: yesgeek@gmail.com.

Soon as I have payment I'll have items
shipped. I can have them out tomorrow
if I get payment today and you'll have them
mid next week.

#############################################

On 12/28/06, thefreqofnature
<his email> wrote:

$30 sounds high for shipping!?! I checked
UPS...it's less than $13 from anywhere in
Cumming, GA to my zip in CA.

I get $23+, don't forget there's a box and PayPal
charges me 2.9%. How much are
you saying everything weighs. PayPal me $200.00
and I'll just eat the rest
but that's as good as I can do.

Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 16:53:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: BJ Spacers
To: Greg Bennett <yesgeek@gmail.com>

Hi greg, Sorry I didn't reply sooner I was out of
town for New Years. If you give me your address I will
send you a UPS prepaid lable so you can ship these items
to me. I can then PayPay you the $180.

On 01/06/07, thefreqofnature
<his email> wrote:

Greg, Please let me know if you still are going to
sell me the BJ Spacers and the shocks. I'm ready to
send you the $180 that we agreed and I'll pay for all
the shipping as well. I'll send you a prepaid UPS
label that you can use so you won't spend a penny on
shipping. Thanks,

##############################################

Now you guys decide who is the cry baby and needs to grow up.

Here's a link to another thread "thefreqofnature" decided he wanted to harass me in. He starts about post #19.

Click Here for the link:

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108296

Originally Posted by thefreqofnature (Post 50510306)
I'm sure he will tell you differently but you have to ask yourself, If he is so proud of what happened when I tried to make a purchase from him, why did HE erase/delete the thread that is now part of my signature.

I am NOT perfect...none of us is. I am NOT attempting to hold myself above Yotaman or say he is bad or anything like that. I said before, it is not my intent to flame or harass Yotaman. I am NOT attempting to tell you to NOT buy form him. If you have had a satisfactory experience with Yotaman I'm happy for you. I think he likely has more satisfied customers than unsatisfied. My ONLY intent here is to share what happened to ME with the fellow members of a website I hold in respect.

:barf: :think:

Not intending to flame or harass me? LMAO, that's funny.

Scofco 04-28-2007 08:53 AM

I'd edit that post and blur out his address. It's not cool to post that sort of information.

yotaman 04-28-2007 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Scofco (Post 50513608)
I'd edit that post and blur out his address. It's not cool to post that sort of information.

Sorry.

Scofco 04-28-2007 09:00 AM

yotaman: I'll ship them for $200.
thefreqofnature: I'll send you $180 plus a shipping label.
thefreqofnature: WTF D00D! I thought we had a deal!!?!?
Am I missing something here?
Either way, I don't think thefreqofnature has done much online buying.

Quite often when purchasing, you'll lose a purchase due to buyer/seller disagreements.
No money was exchanged, I don't understand the problem. Drop it.

Oh, and I meant his shipping address and real name, not his e-mail address ;)

yotaman 04-28-2007 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Scofco (Post 50513611)
Oh, and I meant his shipping address and real name, not his e-mail address ;)

Thanks, I agree it's not cool. I just didn't see it. I didn't want to post edited emails but I deleted his address and real name for his safety.

Scofco 04-28-2007 09:12 AM

:bigok:

I'd still purchase from you yotaman, this disturbance doesn't deter me, as I'd imagine it won't deter anyone else.

thefreqofnature 04-28-2007 09:38 AM

:nono: BUYER BEWARE:nono:

This does not mean don't buy from him...just WATCH OUT...

waskillywabbit 04-28-2007 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit (Post 50510571)

I'll say it again.

:flush: :flush: :flush: :flush: :flush:

CDUFF7 04-30-2007 04:50 AM

I personally would never ship without getting paid first. I have had guys try to send me theirshipping labels from their workplace too. Money 1st , then ship your product. This is a "beating the dead horse" type of post.