YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Trip-Trail Reports & Photos (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100/)
-   -   Big Bear trail run aug 7-8 (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f100/big-bear-trail-run-aug-7-8-a-38302/)

anthony1 08-09-2004 08:55 AM

Looks like you all had a great time up there. I has stomach flu all week so..... :barf:
what trails did you run?
I still need to finish the skit plate for the gas tank. :welder:

tms2u 08-09-2004 02:50 PM

Hey guyz-

Thanks for the fun weekend! Its always fun wheelin with folks who like to show the rocks what metal can do!!! I'll try to get some of my pics up later tonite

Birdman 08-10-2004 12:19 AM

What an awsome trip! Thanks for all the fun and the company. It was nice to meet all of you. A special thanks go out to Lance for getting this all together and finding an excellent camping spot. Next time tell me when we're gonna be minutes from town so I don't bring the kitchen sink. :cry:

Also, thanks to Lance and Bruce for the excellent spotting that got me through that last obstacle without any damage.

Damage wise, some new rim scrapes, more skidplate carnage and a pretty rash on my right rocker panel. If I had only been one inch farther to the right...... Anyway, no dent, just a rash. I wish I had gotten those sliders like I had originally planned.

Correction: There is a dent!! :bang:

Originally Posted by Bud
Had a blast as usual. Couldnt stay long but
here are my share of pics and a small clip of Ryan (Pretacopower) with a bed full load of yotatechers.

Great pics Bud. I shoulda stayed in front of you the whole time. Thanks for watching my back...end. :)

Birdman 08-10-2004 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Pretacopower
lol, I didn't know you filmed me getting stuck :saw: hehe.
That was a great trip, I had a lot of fun :bounce: I was really impressed my truck could handle as much as it did with just a locker, though I did get stuck once or twice

Just add a few more bags of concrete next time. :)

Since my 2wd arse couldn't handle one of the trails, I got to ride along with Adam and his son...(thanks guys! :) ) he's got an awesome Runner, handles that manual tranny like a champ, I was really impressed :D That Flowmaster sounds freakin awesome too!

Glad to have ya along for the ride and thanks for the compliments.

I think I'll be saving up for a trail rig now!

Good choice. You'll be much happier.

Birdman 08-10-2004 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Darx
Oh the horrible sound of TRD scrapage!

It sounded just as ugly on the digicam instant replay. Sorta like fingernails on a chalkboard.

:saw:

Nitro Hotpants 08-10-2004 12:29 AM

oh my! i totally missed out on this trip! i need to go there sometime.
we should try and set up another trip soon, i'd really like to experience that place.

-Casey

tms2u 08-10-2004 11:32 PM

I finally got my pics up. Check out my Trips & Runs page on my site.

Enjoy!!

Darx 08-11-2004 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by tms2u

Enjoy!!

Sweet pics!

Bud 08-11-2004 06:44 AM

Enjoy!!

awesome pix. Did those trails have any bi-passes? Or did you guys just take the hard lines for posing pix. :bigok:
Just curious if a stock taco with sliders would've made the trail with some minor bruises.

tms2u 08-11-2004 07:28 AM

Sliders and a locker would be very helpful (reduced pucker factor), but we got Adams stock 4runner thru without a blemish on the holcolmb creek trail and he has neither!

Birdman 08-13-2004 12:37 AM

Sliders and a locker would be very helpful (reduced pucker factor), but we got Adams stock 4runner thru without a blemish on the holcolmb creek trail and he has neither!

Well...almost..... :mad2:

http://jaderunner.com/v-web/gallery/...2/IMG_2529.jpg

Birdman 08-13-2004 12:39 AM

Photos are up. Sorry for the wait. i had to get em cleaned up and get Gallery working.

Clicky -- > Yotatech - Big Bear 2004

wifesaysimadumbass 08-13-2004 07:29 PM

you guys are totally killing me with all the fun pics. what was the temp up there anyways hope it was'nt too hot?

Bud 08-13-2004 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Birdman

a yotatech sticker will easily take care of that. :welder:

BruceTS 08-13-2004 07:57 PM

Looks like it's all sanded ready for paint.......

FirstToy 08-13-2004 07:59 PM

Great pics and captions Birdman!
What part of your truck is that got scraped?

RobT2k 08-13-2004 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by FirstToy
What part of your truck is that got scraped?

Right where his sliders would have been a week after that trip. We tried to keep his truck damage free, but he did that on a section that didn't seem like it would cause any damage. We spotted him through the big rock gardens :D

wifesaysimadumbass 08-14-2004 07:09 AM

i might be able to make a run in november? how about it rob?

tms2u 08-14-2004 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Birdman

Thats not a blemish- its a smudge :roll:

Birdman 08-14-2004 05:55 PM

Thats not a blemish- its a smudge :roll:

Hey Ted........... :booty: