General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

What key words do you Ebay search?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 02:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What key words do you Ebay search?

Let's say we just want to see original parts for your year model? What key words do you search with so you don't have to sift through bulbs, lenses and all of the other mess and useless junk that's new and not related?
Old 07-15-2018, 02:31 PM

Received 215 Likes on 157 Posts
I usually search:

91 Toyota pickup Nos parts, usually works pretty good for me, I think you can filter to used parts also.

But really it’s all about how the parts are listed from the sellers, jerks have figured out how to word everything that the stupid cheap crap comes up no matter what...

Most good sellers always add nos if your looking for new, but used is a crapshoot..

Last edited by Discombobulated; 07-15-2018 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:09 PM

Received 570 Likes on 449 Posts
If you type in a vehicle type as part of your search, usually more options appear in the left side of the site (if using a computer).

I find that selecting "Genuine OEM" from the "Brand Type" menu on the left hand side of the web page works fairly well. Of course, there are always sellers who will categorize some no-name, cheap brand flashy part into that category, but it does filter out most of the junk. Unless you filter out new or used, these search results will have both new and used parts.

You can also select "Toyota" from the "Brand" category too and see what results you get, but it only seems to work depending on how many cheap aftermarket parts are for sale relating to your search terms.

Typing "NOS" for New, Old Stock parts does help, but not all sellers will use "NOS" in there description.

You may also need to use a variety of search terms to cover most of what is available. Sellers will sometimes use different terminology than you do, which makes searches more difficult.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by old87yota; 07-15-2018 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Added more information.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:46 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I usually start a search with the factory part number first - if I know it
Old 07-17-2018, 02:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by old87yota
If you type in a vehicle type as part of your search, usually more options appear in the left side of the site (if using a computer).

I find that selecting "Genuine OEM" from the "Brand Type" menu on the left hand side of the web page works fairly well. Of course, there are always sellers who will categorize some no-name, cheap brand flashy part into that category, but it does filter out most of the junk. Unless you filter out new or used, these search results will have both new and used parts.

You can also select "Toyota" from the "Brand" category too and see what results you get, but it only seems to work depending on how many cheap aftermarket parts are for sale relating to your search terms.

Typing "NOS" for New, Old Stock parts does help, but not all sellers will use "NOS" in there description.

You may also need to use a variety of search terms to cover most of what is available. Sellers will sometimes use different terminology than you do, which makes searches more difficult.

I hope that helps.

This works great! Thanks!
Old 07-25-2018, 09:31 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
According to my wife my key words are:
stuff I don't need
don't you already have one
more Ebay crap
Old 07-25-2018, 10:08 AM

Received 570 Likes on 449 Posts
Originally Posted by dropzone
According to my wife my key words are:
stuff I don't need
don't you already have one
more Ebay crap
^^

From a regular car enthusiast, because honesty:

Source: https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-EBA...-/322034488349

Quick Reply: What key words do you Ebay search?