93-98 T100s All T100 trucks

T100 Engine Swap Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T100 Engine Swap Ideas

Hello All,

I picked up a 1995 Toyota T100 SR5 4x4 with about 360k on the body and no clue what the 3.4L has. The interior is perfect and everything works as advertised. It only has surface rust on the door pillar and the rear window seal but overall a solid pick up. It did have some front end damage but no frame damage... yes it's a rebuilt title.

Reasons I picked a T100:

1. It's small enough to fit in my driveway but has almost a full sized bed.

2. It's a SR5 so it has a Xtra cab.

3. It's a 4x4

I'm looking at a couple engine swaps:

1KZ-TE
2LTE
1UZ-FE

There's a lot of threads on the subject but none that are finished. So far the only swaps that were completed were for comparable year 4Runners. The end goal is for a complete build thread. So far we have:

New Rotors, Calipers and pads
New brake lines
New Battery
New axle seals
New axle bearings
New shocks

Here's the truck

Last edited by TheChunknorris; 11-22-2015 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:10 AM

Well guys after exploring all my options... diesel isn't in my future. So with that said it'll be supercharged. I'm deployed at the moment so I'm piecing things together and sending them to my buddy's shop. So the scope of my T100 will be:

1. Homeowner stuffs
2. 2nd vehicle(I have a VW CC so I need another vehicle... F$%KING DSG transmission)
3. Occasional recreational vehicle (camping, venturing and maybe mudding)
4. Occasional boat trailering

Suspension/Wheels:

Right now I have a set of 16" Volk TE37X's sitting at the house but their Nismo's, I'll have to use a spacer to make them work correctly. Still exploring different lift options but it won't be overly crazy, I'm not compensating for anything. I'll look up some info using the search function regarding lifts but I'm open to suggestions. Also looks like a leaf spring rebuild is required... have no idea how those things are still held together.

Interior:

The interior is pretty clean but the foam in the seats is literally falling apart... to the point of turning into dust. Rolling with the windows down will get cushion particles all over the place so the end goal is to either find a nice set of Taco seats or start taking measurements on other seats, namely F150 seats because they're pretty economical, plentiful and leather as well. Just need to make sure they're not too tall and confirm they won't interfere with the seat belt attachments. Fortunately my buddy does amazing metal work so modding/fabricating seat rails will be a snap... not mention he's also an electrical engineer so making them power seats is just as easy.

Body:

It's clean except for some surface rust around the rear glass. The previous owner siliconed the sliding glass shut so it'll have to be removed. It's a SR5 so it has chrome bumpers, and fender trim. The rear bumper is rusted out and the front bumper is an aftermarket piece because of the front end collision. Still not 100% sure what I'll do with that but it did come with a roll pan in matte black. One of the chrome trim pieces is missing so it'll get some flares and be done with the exterior.

Engine:

It'll need a compression test before adding the supercharger but thank goodness someone decided to continue selling them after TRD stopped. The kits look promising and though mine is a 1995, adding the necessary components to make it run correctly is easy. Should make 240/230sih for HP/TQ respectively and that's more than enough for me.

I'm open to suggestions, I've built other cars before and know that my ideas aren't always the best... that's why forums were created.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:49 AM

Some pictures of stuff.

Brand new TE37X's that sat at a dealer for 11 years. They were brand new and never mounted... Not bad for $900.00 shipped!

Rotor from vehicle... Drove home like this.

Picture of said VW. Love this thing but the transmission is expensive to maintain and more expensive to fix. As you can see... I put TE37's on everything and yes those are real deal Volks.

Last edited by TheChunknorris; 12-16-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:52 PM

Hi Chuck! I wouldn't be much help on a swap but on the lift I may be able to help. My son has a 97 we put a 4/5 inch lift on from superlift. I will try and post some pic if I can figure it out. His has 210,000 miles on it and we did a compression test on it. If I remember, we got anywhere from 180 psi to 190 on all 6 cylinders. I am thinking those readings are like near new compression. He would like to put a 4.7L in it. Just not a lot of info out there on any kinda swap into these trucks. Oh he also added a spacer lift on it. Believe it's 1.5 inch. The torsion bars are not cranked up so, it's a 5.5 inch lift. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

The pic uploaded is before the lift. At this time I can add any with the lift because I can't find them...lol! Sorry. I will get my son to add a cuurent pic with the lift later.
Attached Thumbnails T100 Engine Swap Ideas-img_20150413_092420.jpg  
Old 02-19-2018, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by djohn24
Hi Chuck! I wouldn't be much help on a swap but on the lift I may be able to help. My son has a 97 we put a 4/5 inch lift on from superlift. I will try and post some pic if I can figure it out. His has 210,000 miles on it and we did a compression test on it. If I remember, we got anywhere from 180 psi to 190 on all 6 cylinders. I am thinking those readings are like near new compression. He would like to put a 4.7L in it. Just not a lot of info out there on any kinda swap into these trucks. Oh he also added a spacer lift on it. Believe it's 1.5 inch. The torsion bars are not cranked up so, it's a 5.5 inch lift. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

The pic uploaded is before the lift. At this time I can add any with the lift because I can't find them...lol! Sorry. I will get my son to add a cuurent pic with the lift later.
What tire size is that? And is that on stock suspension?? Looks awesome.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:30 PM

I believe they are 32's and it is stock suspension. I know the torsion bars were cranked all the way which gives about 1.5 inch of lift but the ride was very rough. For some reason it seemed to sit high in the rear for stock. No add a leafs or shackles were on it. May have been aftermarket rear springs on it that had a small amount of lift. But I assumed it was stock. Son sold the truck over a year ago.