Texas Texas Chapter

Houston 4runner's club

Old 01-15-2014, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, Ill be off shore workin and buying unnecesary parts, but when I get back im game to check out this creekside place, need to get a CV boot fixed first but NBD.

I am soooo close to just buying a TC LT kit, tired of ripping through boots so dam fast.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Wildcat4R
welcome Danny. im ready to go most any day.

any one thought about a wrench party? i got two spartan lockers sitting on my work bench. . im nervous about doing them myself. input one in my old xj dana 30, but that didnt require messing with the ring & pinion.
I am always down to wrench, and wire (I would like to put my rock lights on finally, and install a second battery). Im offshore till the 5th of Feb. free just about everyday after that for 3 weeks.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:31 PM

You like mudding? I know a mud field i go with my buddy in league city. But as of right now I only have two wheel drive, i just re gear my rear diff and haven't got time to do the front yet.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:18 PM

yeah nothing wrong a bit of mud. I'de be down as long as there is a way to get pulled out when I get stuck. cause that is bound to happen.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:02 PM

no worry about that. I been going with my buddy and he have dodge ram that he got stuck that half of his wheel bury under the mud and i was able to yank him out after a alot try but a yota it should be a lot easy because it's lighter.

Last edited by TURBOLIZER; 01-21-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:49 PM

Do any of y'all know of any 2nd gen 4runners for sale in or around Houston
Old 06-23-2015, 05:58 PM

still around?

looks like a very old thread, i was wondering if anyone is still interested in getting together?
Old 05-01-2016, 08:59 AM

91 Foyota make over in progress

Greetings fellow Houstonians this is my first paint greetings fellow Houstonians this is my first tangent.... After 140 8000 miles Master Yoda is getting a makeover. I just picked him up from a mechanic shop that was the shop vehicle. With that being said it was immaculate inside and out before I took over. I'm currently gutting the insides Replacing the stock stereo in amplifier on the SR5. Took him to Firestone and got a complete one over with everything running fine with flawless compression testing and the usual front end work therefore I when on Amazon shopping spree, sober. 12 piece tire rod kit Front light kit cadence mid range for the front cadence mid range for the front and fiberglass kit for the back keeping him stock but stocky if you catch my drift. Need info on the lift kit. Lastly, Kevlar liner mix match The tan color of the early Land Cruiser's. If anybody would be generous to provide PDFs of everything concerning our second gen Yodas I would greatly appreciate it with that being said I took off the factory Step panels and rear bumper free for my fellow Texans
Old 06-28-2017, 09:49 AM

Need help!!

Originally Posted by peterletran
HAHA!!! I am so glad I logged on just now. My name is Peter (obviously). I'm from NW Houston. Went out to Crosby last weekend. Had a blast!!! It'd be a little more fun, if I had someone to help with recovery if I for some reason got stuck ... which I did a few times, but got out on my own.
I'm new to the forum. My name is Jamie. I'm not sure where to start.. I have a 94 4runner 3.slow which I'm beginning to have a love hate relationship for. Problem now is I had some routine engine work done recently by a "so" called reputable shop recommended by family. Well I was driving the truck one morning and it developed a faint tapping noise near the bottom portion of the block and then cut off on my way back home.... I got it back home in one piece, minus the abuse of turning it on as it continues to shut off on me the whole way back. First thing I check once I'm back is the oil.. no oil on the dip stick and the metal from the dip stick branded me! Well I got it towed back to mechanics for diagnostic and he says the shell block is trash. The truck starts still and doesn't make any noticeable sounds of piston slap or spun bearing. Would love any advice or help from the community
Old 12-17-2017, 10:45 AM

Also from west Houston, (I-10 beltway) but my rig spends most of it's time at a bay house down in Matagorda. Like to wheel on the beach sometimes. Took it out to Hidden falls once had a blast. Can really relate to the love hate relationship Wizardmind.

Last edited by flanza; 12-17-2017 at 10:59 AM. Reason: adding info