Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

"you have reached your upload limit"

Old 01-31-2017, 12:02 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Co_94_PU
Thanks Rob, as always you guys take good care of us. I thought if any of the local staff could view our control panel stuf it would be Corey. Should have asked him when he had the day off and was around but it slipped my mind.

Lol I got bored enough to look at that YouTube stuff but I haven't done HTML since version 3 or so and stylesheets and stuff are all new toys for me
I can view it, but I do not like to log into it when I am at work.
As Robb mentioned, Cristina is going to look at the area when she gets time.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
It does look like they were able to increase the number of photos. It should be plenty. I want to make sure the number of pictures is correct before I post the number.

Last edited by Terrys87; 02-01-2017 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:22 AM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by Terrys87
It does look like they were able to increase the number of photos. It should be plenty. I want to make sure the number of pictures is correct before I post the number.
​​​​​So it is intentionally limited by a file count not file size then. Which explains why uploading a smaller image didn't change anything. This must be for performance rather than disk space reasons.

(Listing directories from the disk is a binding operation, and large file counts take a longer time to process. IE, it makes the website run really slow having timeout errors and similar issues). The solution is to break those directories down to subdirectories and limit how many files and subdirectories appear in each.

Similarly it(limiting based on a file count) might have been done to reduce the database query times. There is a similar effect as the directory listing issues when queries are made to the database. Large data sets take longer to retrieve and longer to process. Again the solution is the same break it down by albums instead of querying the users whole gallery list, and using preprocessed tables..

Old 02-01-2017, 04:46 AM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
Success!

For now

Thank you all
Old 02-01-2017, 09:38 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Glad it is working for you.
I have not checked my albums here in eons, since I do not use the server space, but I have uploaded in the past to see how it worked.

Search this Thread