Site Feedback Please use this forum to provide feedback, suggestions on the site

"you have reached your upload limit"

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 06:12 AM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
"you have reached your upload limit"

Google site:yotatech.com "you have reached your upload limit"

Sick of searching.. it is a storage space limit? if so what is it exactly? Why is it so hard to find a management option to sum up what I have used and am allowed?

Seems kind of silly given the price per terabyte, even server class hardware is cheap as chips (bull chips, not potatoes).

I refuse/decline to use an offsite host as this defeats the purpose of attaching the information, having everything in one place managed by the forum the information is intended for. If yotatech is down there is no point having them hosted off site since they are only used here, however if an offsite host is down yotatech posts are incomplete.

Way to many dead photos already in posts, some one please go prod the powers that be and have these limits removed, increased, or at least listed somewhere preferably with some way to gauge what we have used up..

Thank you for you time,
Signed: grumpy contributor
​​​​​​

Last edited by Co_94_PU; 01-22-2017 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Autocorrect typos
Old 01-22-2017, 01:10 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
interesting, this is the first time I have heard of an issue like this.
I will do a little research and escalate to the forum tech nerds
Old 01-22-2017, 07:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I have had this problem as well and started posting everything in a Facebook album to be able to post it from URL here
Old 01-22-2017, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Yotard
I have had this problem as well and started posting everything in a Facebook album to be able to post it from URL here
I don't do Facebook, so odds are your images probably don't show up for me as anything useful. IE broken posts.. like I mentioned..

Sure the web admins know and can sort it right out.. or I'm going to have to write another feed back and beg them to go run them thru imagemagick which they won't be able to do because they're all stored in the same shares directory tree. Which would mean running a nasty ugly database query and feeding that to convert..
Old 01-22-2017, 09:22 PM

Received 663 Likes on 455 Posts
Originally Posted by Co_94_PU
Google site:yotatech.com "you have reached your upload limit"​​​​​​
I used to use photobucket because it creates direct link to embed images with the IMG and SlashIMG thingy. However, the site has gone sooo slow. I've switched to google photos. A little complicated to embed photos to a post but there's no limit to upload if you select "high quality " and not ORIGINAL resolution...

I don't do Facebook, so odds are your images probably don't show up for me as anything useful...
Actually, one can:
Right-click in Windows or double-finger click in Apple, select "Copy Image address"
Then insert into post by putting the URL between "bracket-IMG-bracket" and "bracket-slash-IMG-bracket"

By doing above, picture below is set by FB to be viewed by my FB friends only through FB, but is visible to forum when using the direct link to image.

Last edited by RAD4Runner; 01-22-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by RAD4Runner
I used to use photobucket because it creates direct link to embed images with the IMG and SlashIMG thingy. However, the site has gone sooo slow. I've switched to google photos. A little complicated to embed photos to a post but there's no limit to upload if you select "high quality " and not ORIGINAL resolution...

Actually, one can:
Right-click in Windows or double-finger click in Apple, select "Copy Image address"
Then insert into post by putting the URL between "bracket-IMG-bracket" and "bracket-slash-IMG-bracket"

By doing above, picture below is set by FB to be viewed by my FB friends only through FB, but is visible to forum when using the direct link to image.
those are all dynamic URL, meaning they can disappear randomly or on the whim of the hosts or hosts software. Due to various database, algorithms and software updates.

Like I said above I will not use an offsite host. It's not that I can not it's that I should not have to.

Internet brands employs several hundred people from ad revenue generated by our participation here and the multitude of others they run. I shouldn't have to work at making them money. They'll fix it or I'll stop posting images, at the least.

I estimated my data usage at under a gigabyte fwiw. That's what ... Google says under two cents for a gig in 2016. Accounting for raid mirrors and redundant servers. Chips my friends.

In the time I wrote this they played a whole advertising video, In the time y'all read this thread. They got over 100 views minimum more if you're not on the mobile site..

Don't think I don't appreciate the suggestion for various other options. I do value your time. I just think our hosts IB should value it's users time also. Take for example using Facebook or Photobucket, having you there and not here is costing them ad revenues. The more you're here the more they can accrue views, in the case of what's known as unique views they could be handing them money right out of thier pockets because the same advert playing here isn't going to count ECT..

Ad revenue paid for my web servers, my ISP, bought me fancy Alienware PC's and put cash in my pocket enough to become a software engineer. So yeah they'll fix it I'm sure lol

Old 01-22-2017, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I use Photobucket and it seems like I ran into the same issue of a limit size some time ago. This has been sent up to others that are above the Moderators ability to see what can be done about the limit size. Maybe something can be done about it.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:45 AM

Thanks Terry, Drop zone and anyone I didn't recognize already

Thanks again all, hoping it is an easy change for the powers that be.

I ranted a bit, maybe more than needed, and am more cooperative today... Maybe!

I'm not sure who is going to have make the required changes or who will have to OK the increase and whether that would mandate a change across the entire Ib network. I also glazed over ramifications of increased overhead across the huge array of Ib websites.

I've probably got some redundancy in attachments that I could have been using an album from the gallery to post technical information to and just link to.

Regarding Photobucket. I seem to recall they use a what's known as a "free (pre)mium" priority system that favors those that pay more, free user data is sent with a throttled speed. This would effect the impression users of other sites loading speed in negative ways, where web page photos take long times to load. Another negative aspect is "load image in a new window" features of our web browser, I frequently use this to load full size images because on the mobile interface of the forum here lacking the zoom feature. When used on a Photobucket IMG tag this loads the new window with an HTML page with similar zoom issues and requires telling the browser to also open that image in a new window before I can actually see it at the full size it was photographed at. This wastes my time, my (possibly limited) bandwidth, the hosts bandwidth, and increases internet traffic unnecessarily.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:22 PM

Update!

It may be more complicated than it seemed at first!

I deleted the last image it let me add to my albums, a 1.74MB image, resized it to 506.11 KB. And it's giving me the same message, upload limit reached...
Old 01-26-2017, 10:43 AM

Falsely reported as fixed

Terry let me know earlier that an admin was working on this issue so I tried to add a new photo and was successful and said it seemes fixes in that post. however when I just tried to upload the photos of diagnostic connectors it gave me the error again.

​​​​​​
Old 01-26-2017, 10:49 AM

False report, and last image allowed

Link to last image allowed here
Old 01-29-2017, 06:39 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Robb, or other staff, have you let IB know about this yet?

As for hosting, I have always hosted my own pics on my pnw4runner server that my personal website is hosted on.
Unlimited storage, backups, and hosted by a guy who actually use to host YotaTech at the time of its creation.

Only drawback is I pay $360 per year for the server, but it is worth it to me.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:58 AM

Thanks for stopping by Corey

Yeah I believe they have. Both have Terry and Rob have spoke with me in messaging about it but I'm not sure who they escalated to.

A co-host isn't in my budget, it would be nice for sure to know that the data was backed up and all of those things. It wouldn't be near as bad as having to jump through the Photobucket hoops, but still not as simple as "upload from album" via the forum software..

I did try an off site host only to find out tinypic is run by Photobucket aswell and might even be slower. It also doesn't like my tablet for whatever reason so I can't get my photos to load up for viewing on it. I have to jump back onto the phone to see the fill tinypic website, which is redundant as the photos are on the phones SD card.

PS, Corey you have some broken links in the how-to section here that lead back to pnw but I've forgotten to mention them and nowmdonr remember what they were.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:37 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

You are welcome.

There may be a few pics missing from my site, I would have to go through the beginning of my buildup thread to find them
They are on my PC at home, but one time when my host moved it to a new server, some did not migrate.
If I ever get enough free time to sit down with it, I will FTP them back to my server.

It is just not that important to me now, working on the FJ and getting it ready for the upcoming camping season takes priority.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:45 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Originally Posted by Corey
Robb, or other staff, have you let IB know about this yet?
Corey- yep posted a thread in the staff section. ANother thing IB needs to look at
Old 01-29-2017, 01:12 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Originally Posted by dropzone
Corey- yep posted a thread in the staff section. ANother thing IB needs to look at
I think I did see that...
Hope they get it fixed, but they are working on tons of coding right now, even YouTube vids no longer embed like they should.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:35 PM

Received 570 Likes on 449 Posts
Originally Posted by Corey
I think I did see that...
Hope they get it fixed, but they are working on tons of coding right now, even YouTube vids no longer embed like they should.
Many images don't load on Firefox when the image is hosted off of Yotatech. This is probably a Firefox update problem but I thought I would mention here just in case.
Works fine in Chrome but Firefox has been the most stable in my experience so that is what I use.

Thanks to the Yotatech staff for taking care of this forum!

Old 01-30-2017, 07:35 PM

Corey

Can you, would you , please confirm the space quota allotted for gallery albums as it appears in the vBulletin control panel?
Old 01-31-2017, 09:34 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Can you, would you , please confirm the space quota allotted for gallery albums as it appears in the vBulletin control panel?
Tech folks are looking into the quota, will update when they get back to us,
Sorry for the delay, the person who usually takes care of YT was on vacation
Old 01-31-2017, 09:46 AM

87 start your own feedback thread please or you falsely inflate the view count here which I'm keeping track of for a sense of how visible my issue is to those who can fix it.. normally I wouldn't mind a minor highjack but this is a support issue and should stay on topic.. as you see from the responses staff is very on top of new posts in this sub forum..

Thanks Rob, as always you guys take good care of us. I thought if any of the local staff could view our control panel stuf it would be Corey. Should have asked him when he had the day off and was around but it slipped my mind.

Lol I got bored enough to look at that YouTube stuff but I haven't done HTML since version 3 or so and stylesheets and stuff are all new toys for me

Last edited by Co_94_PU; 01-31-2017 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Typo! Round two autocorrect strikes again