YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Site Feedback (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f92/)
-   -   warning when navigating to yotatech??? (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f92/warning-when-navigating-yotatech-221982/)

space-junk 10-11-2010 11:12 PM

warning when navigating to yotatech???

went to go navigate to www.yotatech.com/f5 tonight about 10 minutes ago and this popped up...

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/j...techohnoes.jpg

not exactly sure what this is... and im curious if anyone else has seen it...

Black_1985_SR5 10-12-2010 02:32 AM

haha you have a trojan

space-junk 10-12-2010 02:48 AM

So explain to me why it's only when I nav. to the off topic section...

92 TOY 10-12-2010 02:52 AM

not happening for me.

i wonder if that is a virus in and of itself.

i had one take over my big computer that masked itself as a different appearing warning, but was definitely official looking.

space-junk 10-12-2010 03:05 AM

Well, I don't think it's a virus on my side... I did a sweep with all 5 of our anti-virus programs I have...

Also, look at the nav bar... Its right at yotatech... It did it again a few mins later when i typed in the adress too...

I'm using google chrome... Nothing like this has ever happened before...

92 TOY 10-12-2010 05:04 AM

you are absolutely right.

can't get to it using FIREFOX.

had to use Internet Explorer

92 TOY 10-12-2010 05:15 AM

here's my warning

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/v...ATTACKPAGE.jpg

Atomic 10-12-2010 05:22 AM

I got the same warning

BigBallsMcFalls 10-12-2010 05:32 AM

I am getting the same warning. I do NOT have any malware on my system.

I work in an IT security lab and we are heavily layered with protection,
and this is a real warning from google

something or someone linked to yotatech, or one of yotatechs advertisers is involved
with malware:

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for yotatech.com

What is the current listing status for yotatech.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 66 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 26 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-10-12, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-10-12.

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including moketes.co.cc/, wejejko.co.cc/, uotrella.co.cc/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including moketes.co.cc/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS13897 (CDC1), AS25973 (MZIMA).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, yotatech.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

iselloil 10-12-2010 05:32 AM

Download malwarebytes or superantispyware.

poynter 10-12-2010 05:33 AM

I get the same warning on my mac.

coops2k 10-12-2010 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by poynter (Post 51570583)
I get the same warning on my mac.

on a mac also, never seen it

coops2k 10-12-2010 05:42 AM

correction, using Firefox, I get a warning and it will not navigate to this site

Google
Error

Forbidden

Your client does not have permission to get URL /interstitial?url=https://www.yotatech.com/ from this server. (Client IP address: 75.53.138.139)

dntsdad 10-12-2010 05:50 AM

same thing here this morning. Never had this issue before.

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for yotatech.com

What is the current listing status for yotatech.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 66 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 26 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-10-12, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-10-12.

Malicious software is hosted on 3 domain(s), including moketes.co.cc/, wejejko.co.cc/, uotrella.co.cc/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including moketes.co.cc/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS13897 (CDC1), AS25973 (MZIMA).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, yotatech.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

irab88 10-12-2010 05:56 AM

i'm using ubuntu and chrome, happened to me this morning

87hillbillyoter 10-12-2010 06:10 AM

doesnt happen to me on safari

Robb M. 10-12-2010 06:13 AM

This is probably due to someone who has photos posted here, that are hosted here: moketes.co.cc. That site has been hacked, and since content from it, is linked on YotaTech, Google has flagged us.

It can take 48hours for Google to remove the flah, once we find and remove the linked content.

cheers,
robb

BigBallsMcFalls 10-12-2010 06:46 AM

for those of you who this is not happening to, it means you are not surfing the
web with the added layer of protection that google provides.

for those this happens to, it just means we are operating with an additional layer of malware warning tools. in this case it is an annoyance

Corey 10-12-2010 06:56 AM

I am on my Droid, but this very same thing happened over at expeditionportal a month back.
It too was caused by off site content posted in a thread.
It took 48 hours to get resolved too.

Thanks Robb for the update.

Marc 10-12-2010 06:57 AM

reported attack page

Hi there. Just thought I'd let you know that my Firefox browser says yotatech.com is a "Reported Attack Page"

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...m/forums/f116/