YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Site Feedback (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f92/)
-   -   Question for the moderators... (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f92/question-moderators-265080/)

seabee 86 02-07-2013 05:07 AM

Question for the moderators...

So had I started a thread about a company who's owner was not a moderator of this forum would it still have been shut down?

I'm not asking you guys because I want to be a pain in the ass but because what you did simply goes against what this forum is about. When that many people complain about a particular company there has to be some truth to it. Did some individuals exaggerate? I'm sure they did. Were some out of line and unprofessional? Of course. But you'll get that in any forum anywhere.

When we voice our opinion the way we did one of two things will happen; the company will improve their customer service (or whatever issue needed resolution) or others will simply know not to do business with them.

As a person who rarely visits this forum we can conclude that I have no preconception or formed opinions of other members. From what I've read on the last thread I posted Wab Fab has given lots of members lots of issues. I've also gathered lots of the complaints they've posted about this man have been blocked or banned. Could one be lying? Yes. Multitudes of people lying? I doubt it. That's so uncalled for. Why don't you do your job as a 3rd party and simply, like your job says, moderate the conversation. When people start calling others' wives whores and making personal attacks getting completely out of hand that's when I support your intervention in the argument (by the way I did not see this in my last thread. Maybe you guys blocked it.) But simply posting facts should never be frowned upon.

If you guys feel it necessary to reprimand me or ban me go for it. There are more than enough 4Runner forums out there for me to go to without dealing with tyrannical moderators who rip people off. The proof is in the pudding from the copied and pasted emails sent to this man. I'll post more if you're not satisfied just to prove a point. I shouldn't have to call my Visa company and file a report just to get my money back. Not when the return policy he bragged about is so black and white, clear as day. There's no excuse for someone to run a business the way he does, and unless others are warned he will continue to rip people off.

Why on earth would you defend someone like that? Let the truth be heard...

waskillywabbit 02-07-2013 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by seabee 86 (Post 52038457)
So had I started a thread about a company who's owner was not a moderator of this forum would it still have been shut down?

I'm not asking you guys because I want to be a pain in the ass but because what you did simply goes against what this forum is about. When that many people complain about a particular company there has to be some truth to it. Did some individuals exaggerate? I'm sure they did. Were some out of line and unprofessional? Of course. But you'll get that in any forum anywhere.

When we voice our opinion the way we did one of two things will happen; the company will improve their customer service (or whatever issue needed resolution) or others will simply know not to do business with them.

As a person who rarely visits this forum we can conclude that I have no preconception or formed opinions of other members. From what I've read on the last thread I posted Wab Fab has given lots of members lots of issues. I've also gathered lots of the complaints they've posted about this man have been blocked or banned. Could one be lying? Yes. Multitudes of people lying? I doubt it. That's so uncalled for. Why don't you do your job as a 3rd party and simply, like your job says, moderate the conversation. When people start calling others' wives whores and making personal attacks getting completely out of hand that's when I support your intervention in the argument (by the way I did not see this in my last thread. Maybe you guys blocked it.) But simply posting facts should never be frowned upon.

If you guys feel it necessary to reprimand me or ban me go for it. There are more than enough 4Runner forums out there for me to go to without dealing with tyrannical moderators who rip people off. The proof is in the pudding from the copied and pasted emails sent to this man. I'll post more if you're not satisfied just to prove a point. I shouldn't have to call my Visa company and file a report just to get my money back. Not when the return policy he bragged about is so black and white, clear as day. There's no excuse for someone to run a business the way he does, and unless others are warned he will continue to rip people off.

Why on earth would you defend someone like that? Let the truth be heard...

Look

<-----

Not a moderator

Haven't been for months as I no longer had time so I quit.

I already sent you a picture with time and date stamp of refund processed.

:wabbit2:

seabee 86 02-07-2013 05:18 AM

So where is my refund? If you can't find it I'm sure my Visa company will.

BamaYota1 02-07-2013 05:37 AM

Moderators don't get paid. They volunteer their time. It's not their "job". This isn't a teenage fan club board. For the most part the members of this particular board are people willing to sacrifice their time to help people out. Maybe it's because they like helping people learn how to do something, or maybe it's because they are just plain nice. Doesn't matter. They do not come into the 86-95 truck and SUV section to read pissing wars between customers and vendors. This kind of thread turns away the lnowledgable experienced people we rely on to make this section worthwhile.

This section isn't for complaints about vendors. So please, keep this ˟˟˟˟ where it belongs.

seabee 86 02-07-2013 05:48 AM

I don't know how you run your business the way you do; if I were in your shoes and a customer says to me, "Where is my refund?" I wouldn't reply with a simple, "Well I processed it." Although this makes you sound exactly what you are, clueless, I would be somewhere on the track of, "It was processed but you didn't get it? Oh, okay, well lets do some research and figure out why. Have you double checked your account? Call your bank and insure they didn't make a mistake, I'll call mine and make sure they didn't make a mistake, run through my paperwork and insure I didn't make a mistake, then we'll go from there." Your lack of a proactive attitude is very unprofessional and unappealing to a customer.

When I email you at the same email address as the one we were conversing back and fourth with, asking you a question like, "Where's my refund?" or "I'd like to cancel my order" don't reply with a freakin automated message. Not only is it impersonal but it doesn't acknowledge you received my email nor does it tell me where exactly my $1300 is.

Lastly, everybody makes mistakes, it's no big deal. If you screwed up somewhere just say, "Dude I'm sorry I made a mistake, here's your refund." Had it been me, I'd say, "...here's your refund and a 10% discount on your next purchase just so we don't lose you as a customer." Do you know how many small jobs I lose money on, but do them anyway? I do this because the money I lost is pennies compared to the larger contracts I sign with people just because I treat them well. I don't know where you learned to do business but its quite honestly dog ˟˟˟˟.

As my emails state, if you read them, I tried really hard to keep this between the two of us. Nothing is worse than negative word-of-mouth but apparently you don't care so I have no qualms with laying into you right now.

Your business sucks. Your customer relations suck. Your customer service sucks. You owe me over $1000 dollars, and like I promised, you have untill COB Friday or you will receive an e-mail and letter from my lawyer strongly urging you to refund my money. I will never do business with you again and any chance I get I will bash your name and drag it through all the mud I can. With this I will close with my opening sentence to this paragraph: Your business sucks. Your customer relations suck. Your customer service sucks.

seabee 86 02-07-2013 05:50 AM

And with that I will apologize for dragging my issues into this forum. It's not the way I wanted to do things, but when phone and email weren't working, it was all I could think of without taking legal action.

BamaYota is correct, again, I apologize.

MudHippy 02-07-2013 06:00 AM

That's all well and good. But this is getting a little out-of-hand.

At this point EVERYBODY really needs to CALM DOWN and let things have a chance to resolve themselves.

Stop with all the protest threads. What's done is done. Whatever happens, happens. The point's been made. There's no need to take it any further HERE.

LET IT GO!

If atleast just for now...:)

Even I know when enough is enough....

Terrys87 02-07-2013 06:00 AM

As far as questioning the moderators and knowing that they are not paid to do the up keep on this site, but doing it on their own time, they do a fantastic job. There are other sites, but having two future wheelers that like to spend time on here looking at the pictures and every now then surprising me that they actually read some of the things posted on here, I really dont have to worry about what is on here that they might see. Alot of the other sites I really wonder about the mentality of some of its members. Some I am sure Toyota would rather not have its name involved in.

There is so much that can be learned here and the help that is available here from the very beginner to the much more advanced from all aspects of these trucks. From the money that I have saved to the hobby I enjoy, it all started here on this site.

Thanks Mods for what you guys do behind the scenes. This is the only forum I have EVER been a member of.

redbayredneck 02-07-2013 06:08 AM

seabea,

Sounds to me like he processed your refund and its out of his hands. Maybe you should contact your bank.

snobdds 02-07-2013 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by seabee 86 (Post 52038470)
I don't know how you run your business the way you do; if I were in your shoes and a customer says to me, "Where is my refund?" I wouldn't reply with a simple, "Well I processed it." Although this makes you sound exactly what you are, clueless, I would be somewhere on the track of, "It was processed but you didn't get it? Oh, okay, well lets do some research and figure out why. Have you double checked your account? Call your bank and insure they didn't make a mistake, I'll call mine and make sure they didn't make a mistake, run through my paperwork and insure I didn't make a mistake, then we'll go from there." Your lack of a proactive attitude is very unprofessional and unappealing to a customer.

When I email you at the same email address as the one we were conversing back and fourth with, asking you a question like, "Where's my refund?" or "I'd like to cancel my order" don't reply with a freakin automated message. Not only is it impersonal but it doesn't acknowledge you received my email nor does it tell me where exactly my $1300 is.

Lastly, everybody makes mistakes, it's no big deal. If you screwed up somewhere just say, "Dude I'm sorry I made a mistake, here's your refund." Had it been me, I'd say, "...here's your refund and a 10% discount on your next purchase just so we don't lose you as a customer." Do you know how many small jobs I lose money on, but do them anyway? I do this because the money I lost is pennies compared to the larger contracts I sign with people just because I treat them well. I don't know where you learned to do business but its quite honestly dog ˟˟˟˟.

As my emails state, if you read them, I tried really hard to keep this between the two of us. Nothing is worse than negative word-of-mouth but apparently you don't care so I have no qualms with laying into you right now.

Your business sucks. Your customer relations suck. Your customer service sucks. You owe me over $1000 dollars, and like I promised, you have untill COB Friday or you will receive an e-mail and letter from my lawyer strongly urging you to refund my money. I will never do business with you again and any chance I get I will bash your name and drag it through all the mud I can. With this I will close with my opening sentence to this paragraph: Your business sucks. Your customer relations suck. Your customer service sucks.

Pot meet kettle.

seabee 86 02-07-2013 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by redbayredneck (Post 52038482)
seabea,

Sounds to me like he processed your refund and its out of his hands. Maybe you should contact your bank.

I already did. They are aware of the deduction but never anything put back. Visa is a fairly reputable company I doubt they're stealing my money.

redbayredneck 02-07-2013 06:48 AM

But big companies make mistakes too

HighLux 02-07-2013 06:58 AM

My last comment on the entire wabfab situation.

The case has been made against wabfab. More than enough evidence has been presented.
From what i hear, it is in the moderators and Coreys hands now.
It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Let it go. We will see if justice is served or if it is a case cronyism.

I love this site, but i have put my membership on the line to expose this situation

We will see when this is answered by Corey, where yotatechs alliances really lie.

snobdds 02-07-2013 07:03 AM

You just don't quit...

DeathCougar 02-07-2013 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by HighLux (Post 52038501)
Let it go. We will see if justice is served or if it is a case cronyism.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

This thread is closed. Any more new threads pertaining to this situation will net the user a vacation. WabFab, SeaBee, Corey, and all mods are well aware of the situation and it is being handled by all parties involved.