YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Site Feedback (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f92/)
-   -   Mobile bugs (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f92/mobile-bugs-275533/)

combatcarl 11-28-2013 12:14 AM

Mobile bugs

2 Attachment(s)
Getting serious bugs in your mobile app, guys. For iphone, anyway. Doubt it's on my end, as have dumped and reinstalled app twice. I can view one, maybe two threads before getting this message.
Attachment 147094
Once I get that, might as well not access the forums for a day or two. Sign out, sign back in, same message.
Get it randomly, too. Once it pops up, app completely ceases to work.
Attachment 147095
I'll get it on sign-in, too, press ok or send, and just sit there watching the wheel spin. Reeeeeeaaally infuriating.
Also tells me I've duplicate posted. Have to cancel and backtrack, refresh page to see my post. That's been going on for months. We all talk like its the best toyota forum out there, and it's great, but even the mobile version( not app) is janky and pics don't line up, ads all overlapping posts, etc. Really? Really?

combatcarl 11-28-2013 12:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Or I just get this for a thread to read, sometimes with a spinning wheel, sometimes not. Like its a lottery, "oooo, is it gonna work? Oop, guess not." Or log in and see the intro shot, then nothing....forever.
Attachment 147093

dropzone 11-28-2013 03:13 AM

this is on an iPhone? looks like it.

anyway I will forward to the tech guys at IB (site owners) and see if they have a fix.
Something may have gotten fubarred in the back ground making another tweek..:dunno:

edit: do you get this if you are on your phone but not using the app?

combatcarl 11-28-2013 01:16 PM

Yeah. iPhone. Mobile site runs okish. App is really buggy. There are times the mobile site doesn't run well, but that could be service related. Didn't mean to sound so cranky. But a junkie with no fix can get that way.

Daneums 11-28-2013 01:48 PM

I get the same things sometimes. Have to delete and reinstall to get it to work

combatcarl 11-29-2013 11:31 PM

After a 4th un/reinstall, with about a day of leaving it uninstalled, (about as long as I could handle withdrawal) it seems to be working. Still get an "Error, the request timed out", but otherwise, doin ok. And don't get it all the time.

dropzone 11-30-2013 12:50 AM

OK..personally I use the full site on my phone...the only annoying thing about using it is the 'we have a mobile option' pop up.

combatcarl 11-30-2013 01:49 AM

Ok... Was just updating ya. The full site for whatever reason, constantly resizes on my phone. Pictures 2-3x screen width, maybe it's an iPhone thing? Like I said. Mobile runs ok-ish. And app is running alright for time being. I don't care to chew through data all that much, so the simplest, most streamlined, lowest data consumption option is what I prefer.

Toyota~Boy 11-30-2013 05:00 AM

I also get the parse Error from time to time. Another problem is over in the classified section. You can not list a item for sale using the app. When you try it doesn't like the location feature. Thus not letting you post. I've also noticed that if a thread has several thousand post in it then you can not open it with the app as you will get the parse error. For example the thread (post three words) Anyway love the app just wish the bugs were fixed. This is on both IPhone and iPad

Edit: oh it also tells you that your doubling posting when you replie to a thread. Just got to hit cancel then refresh the thread and there's your post

Scirocco16v 12-02-2013 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by dropzone (Post 52144310)
OK..personally I use the full site on my phone...the only annoying thing about using it is the 'we have a mobile option' pop up.

Agreed
you didnt specify your browser, however Chrome has the option to by-pass mobile sites compleatly & its wonderful. Dolphin does as well.

rworegon 04-08-2015 04:08 PM

I've been getting the Parse Error on multiple threads using the YotaTech mobile app on my iPhone the past couple of days. I've deleted the app and reinstalled, however, the Parse Error keeps occurring.

Is anyone else getting error this now?

JasonYota 04-08-2015 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by rworegon (Post 52266638)
I've been getting the Parse Error on multiple threads using the YotaTech mobile app on my iPhone the past couple of days. I've deleted the app and reinstalled, however, the Parse Error keeps occurring. Is anyone else getting error this now?

This happens to me every so often. Sometimes deleting and reinstalling the app works sometimes it doesn't.
Probably a side note: I'm almost always on the app on my iPhone and I noticed the other day while I was on the full site some of my posts had extra words and letters in them, I'm guessing it's the punctuation I use? Just thought it was odd.

combatcarl 04-14-2015 01:22 AM

Parse error has been a problem lately. After the first or second page, I can't continue reading. And subscribed posts no longer refresh. I don't think the app is a huge priority, not really talkin trash here, but the site probably has bigger issues. Would be nice, though, since I'm almost always on the iPhone for forums. Meh. Whatever.

clok 04-17-2015 08:15 PM

Same issues here too !! Parse error message to a couple of threads I'm trying to follow kinda sucks hope the full site at home works better but iPhone app is buggin out 😡

konah 04-17-2015 08:36 PM

Seems to happen to the threads I'm interested in. Bummer.

JasonYota 04-18-2015 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by konah (Post 52268302)
Seems to happen to the threads I'm interested in. Bummer.

X2. But this thread works for me.

JasonYota 04-18-2015 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by JasonYota (Post 52268346)
X2. But this thread works for me.

Now the app only works on my iPad and not my iPhone.

dropzone 04-19-2015 12:28 AM

sorry you guys are having issues with the app.

the issue has been escalated to the tech team
personally i quit using the app a couple of years ago and just use the website on my samstrung tablet and phone

sphealy 04-19-2015 10:00 AM

It's not just the iPhones my Samsung note 2 has been doing it for weeks now.

dropzone 04-20-2015 03:48 PM

Ok guys and gal -
Just got an update from the tech folks from Internet Brands (the site owners)
The mobile app is kapute, busted to the point they have a new version that is in beta testing right now.
it will hopefully be rolled out shortly, don't have an exact date but it should be pretty cool.

Using the mobile skin over a web browser is an option for now

rworegon 04-20-2015 03:54 PM

Thanks for the update!

combatcarl 05-03-2015 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by dropzone (Post 52268688)
Ok guys and gal -
Just got an update from the tech folks from Internet Brands (the site owners)
The mobile app is kapute, busted to the point they have a new version that is in beta testing right now.
it will hopefully be rolled out shortly, don't have an exact date but it should be pretty cool.

Using the mobile skin over a web browser is an option for now

Sweet. Thanks for the heads up. :rockon: