YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   Site Feedback (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f92/)
-   -   Hi-Jacking!!! (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f92/hi-jacking-31608/)

RTdawgs 04-28-2004 04:10 PM

Hi-Jacking!!!

is so annoying. especially when searching for something useful.

mods need to control this as best as possible.

its not hard to PM someone or start your own thread.

Tacoma Dude 04-28-2004 04:14 PM

I find it can be a nice diversion sometimes... but yeah, it does kind of suck when you need an answer pretty fast. I've done my fair share so I figure it's karma ;)

By the way, how's that RB 1" BL treating you? I was looking into getting that...

:P
Sorry, it was just too tempting to not do that ;)

Flygtenstein 04-29-2004 06:02 PM

True story.

Some of it is good, and similar ideas often flow.

Some of it blows.

I am as guilty as the next guy.

"Mods, do your job."

I hope you see the humor there and why I set it off as a quotation. ;)

Tacoma Dude 04-29-2004 06:07 PM

Was that like a YT haiku? It kind of read like one :P

calrockx 04-29-2004 06:10 PM

rtdawgs, i knew you'd get annoyed real fast in that thread where you said in first post "no hijacking" and sure enough there was.

if the thread starter asks for no hijacking, at least respect that. otherwise, eh..it happens.

Yoter 04-29-2004 06:17 PM

This one time at band camp. :lol:

Oh fine I will stick to the thread and not highjack it. I was actually bragging about highjacking in a thread last night. I will stop & start going to the meetings where I start by saying "Hi my name is Ben, I have a highjacking problem".
PS I thought this thread was about High lift jacks BTW. :think:

GRNTACO 04-30-2004 07:15 AM

Speaking of Hi-Jacking where can I get a good Hi-Lift for cheap. I also need some mounting ideas for the bed of my truck. Anyone?? :con:

rimpainter.com 04-30-2004 07:39 AM

On some threads, the answer is given or the result is achieved, therefore the new thought isn't really out of line. For example the thread that Gadget started about 99 4Runners with TRD headers. He got what he wanted, so the threadjacking that occurred at the bottom really didn't matter. But, we could have PM'd, you have a point there.

SLC Punk 04-30-2004 09:00 AM

I think that the hi-jacking is amusing. Read that 2005 Tacoma thread, big debate between Ford and GM. Its good for a laugh but annoying when researching! :think:

Yoter 04-30-2004 12:25 PM

Offtopic

Originally Posted by GRNTACO
Speaking of Hi-Jacking where can I get a good Hi-Lift for cheap. I also need some mounting ideas for the bed of my truck. Anyone?? :con:

Isn't it proper thread jacking to title a jacking as "Offtopic"? I have a 48" highlift that is brandnew unused for $35 if you want it Ben. I picked it up off a kid that quit offroading (it wasn't his thing).

Ben
(BACK ON TOPIC NOW)

Corey 04-30-2004 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by GRNTACO

I'll PM you with the mounting info.