YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   The Fab Shop (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f88/)
-   -   Welder recommendation in So Cal (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f88/welder-recommendation-so-cal-65000/)

Ranboze 08-10-2005 05:17 PM

Welder recommendation in So Cal

Im making my first "mod" to my 2004 4Runner... a set of rock sliders. I have Stubbs sliders and am looking for a welder in So Cal... the closer to Long Beach the better! Recommendations are greatly appreciated. As you can see, Im a newbie here... it's like I've found a new playground. Thanx

Good Times 08-10-2005 05:34 PM

Demello Offroad in Santa Ana, CA

They'll do it. (714) 444-4049

awax618 08-10-2005 06:46 PM

i second demello offroad.

Bob_98SR5 08-10-2005 07:52 PM

thats where i had my stubbs sliders welded. jason is a great guy. his shop has been pretty busy as of late, so definitely call ahead and make an appt

bob

Ranboze 08-11-2005 05:36 PM

Thanx everyone.

weldpro 08-12-2005 01:17 PM

Hey Robin!
I may have found another choice for you. I am contacting several people from around the basin to see who might be interested in becoming a preferred installer.
For those who may not know I did send Robin to Jason but she was told $200 to install them which really surprised me after I had already told her what I thought was fair ($100-for a one to one & half hr. job this to include notching rockers which I personally do 99% of the time), and thats what I tell all of my customers. I charge $50 which I know is really low but hey there my customers!
I'll shoot you an email when I find out more!
Take care,
Richard

Tacoma Dude 08-12-2005 01:25 PM

Thanks for looking into this Richard!
I was going to go to Demello too but was a little startled at what he was quoting.

Nitro Hotpants 08-12-2005 01:33 PM

I remember I got my first set of sliders welded on at Camburg Engineering in Huntington Beach for $100.
I wouldnt pay any more than that...

weldpro 08-12-2005 01:51 PM

I just want you guys to know.....

Everyone one charges what they need to. It's just that in order for me to continue to make sales part of my job is to find an installer that can install my customers sliders on for cheaper prices.
Jason does do a great job, and I am sure that he knows what he needs to charge to keep his doors open! I will give my customers his info as well as the others, and they can make the decision themselves.
Richard

Tacoma Dude 08-12-2005 02:02 PM

Richard,

That's a good point. I didn't mean to hurt Demello's reputation and reading back on my post I can see how that may have come across.

I agree, Demello does some really good work. I don't want to take that away from him.

weldpro 08-12-2005 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tacoma Dude

I agree, Demello does some really good work. I don't want to take that away from him.

Exactly Peter! He know's his game, and what it takes for DO to survive.
Richard

JDeMello 08-15-2005 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by weldpro
I just want you guys to know.....

Everyone one charges what they need to. It's just that in order for me to continue to make sales part of my job is to find an installer that can install my customers sliders on for cheaper prices.
Jason does do a great job, and I am sure that he knows what he needs to charge to keep his doors open! I will give my customers his info as well as the others, and they can make the decision themselves.
Richard

Thanks for being fair. I have installed at least 4-5 sets of your slider for people here. I don't mind doing them but having to weld on the plates and gussets takes extra time for my installer. I don't know if you have a welded version but that would save them some money and me time?

I charge 100.00 to install mine but the plates are fully welded, all I have to do is grind and weld.

I have charged as much as 250.00 for allpro's sliders, they have no plates no gussets and require cutting to make them fit.