YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   The Fab Shop (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f88/)
-   -   Vintage Camper Trailer Build (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f88/vintage-camper-trailer-build-186107/)

DIRTCO 08-12-2009 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by 86Toyrunna (Post 51199902)
dude thats awesome. that sure beats setting up a tent and air beds or mats, and camp table and other crap. plus just the whole saving cargo room in the runner would be worth it. thats the only thing that bugs me is that by the time i get the tent sleeping bags and cooler in the back of my runner its full, so then i got to pack stuff in the rear seat and hope it dont piss off the dog to much (he has claimed the rear seat lol). i may have to keep an eye out for something like this.

That's the main reason I got it, by the time I get everything loaded in the 4Runner I can't see out the back window and the thing is riding on the bumpstops. I can keep 90% of the camping stuff in the trailer and when I want to camp all I have to do is hook up the trailer, pack my crap and some food and run by the beer store.

ltgvolsrock1 08-12-2009 06:10 PM

looken good

looks sweet man, im wanting to build one something like yours too just have to find a trailer to start off with first. now you just need to go test it out!!! :camp:

92 TOY 08-12-2009 06:29 PM

Nice job.

Love the runner and the trailer.

paynemw 08-12-2009 06:32 PM

awesome awesome awesome... I now have a new project to think about... tight... you did a kickass job man, kudos

BigBluePile 08-12-2009 07:50 PM

Well, YEAH, it looks GREAT in the garage...but what about field tests...Pics or its a showroom queen...:D LOL!!!

:jk:

Turned out great, awesome restore! :great:

DIRTCO 08-18-2009 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by ltgvolsrock1 (Post 51204405)
looks sweet man, im wanting to build one something like yours too just have to find a trailer to start off with first. now you just need to go test it out!!! :camp:

Originally Posted by 92 TOY (Post 51204417)
Nice job.

Love the runner and the trailer.

Originally Posted by paynemw (Post 51204419)
awesome awesome awesome... I now have a new project to think about... tight... you did a kickass job man, kudos

Thanks guys! :D

Originally Posted by BigBluePile (Post 51204495)
Well, YEAH, it looks GREAT in the garage...but what about field tests...Pics or its a showroom queen...:D LOL!!!

:jk:

Turned out great, awesome restore! :great:

:laugh: That's great! I took it to the CO4RJ a few weeks ago and it worked great! We camped for two days and three nights, it was very comfortable and a hell of a lot better than a tent. I wanted to take some pictures but it was getting dark as we were setting up camp and both days were long, late days on the trail. I plan on taking it out again in the next week or two, so I'll take some pictures then. :)

BigBluePile 08-18-2009 06:44 PM

Awesome, glad to hear it worked great!

Jager 08-20-2009 06:39 AM

That thing makes me want to go camping!! Hows your runner tow it? I think it might make mine dog down, but Im also in need of a rebuild!

Lumpy 08-20-2009 07:02 AM

That is a sweet setup!!! A rival of Corey's i see!!! :jk:

What I really like about it is that it's simple. Beds and a table what more do you need. That helps keeping it lite. You def. had a great find and I think you should call the chap you got it from so he can check it out.

I'm thinking I need one now!!! :D

crafthorse 08-20-2009 04:04 PM

It is sweet! You had an awesome platform to start with for being 45 years old. Enjoy, its nice!

matt1992 04-01-2012 08:31 AM

lol you haulin' that on your bumper receiver?

loos nut 04-01-2012 10:17 AM

awesome trailer,vintage yet functional

ChefYota4x4 04-01-2012 10:42 AM

VERY B.A.! Great job on the details, man! Between you and IRAB/IAN, .... I'm REALLY gonna get an itch to find one of these now! lol. I see em in L.A., even older ones, like yours, but they're either totally defunct or the guy/gal is asking WAY too much, ya know?

GREAT project, and SICK RIG!!!

DIRTCO 04-02-2012 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by loos nut (Post 51896470)
awesome trailer,vintage yet functional

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4 (Post 51896486)
VERY B.A.! Great job on the details, man! Between you and IRAB/IAN, .... I'm REALLY gonna get an itch to find one of these now! lol. I see em in L.A., even older ones, like yours, but they're either totally defunct or the guy/gal is asking WAY too much, ya know?

GREAT project, and SICK RIG!!!

Thanks guys! The Chief was too cool :), but a little big for the trails I wanted to run with it. I sold it a couple years ago (and the 4Runner a year ago) and I've been building a new trailer and a 3rd Gen 4Runner to tow it with. Both builds can be found at the bottom of this post.

ChefYota4x4 04-02-2012 11:30 PM

HOLY CRAPOLI! hahahaha... Just laughed out loud at just how badly I missed the 'last post of the OP!' hehehe....

I'll check em out, Dirtco:great: