YotaTech Forums

YotaTech Forums (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/)
-   The Fab Shop (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f88/)
-   -   Sas (https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f88/sas-40235/)

1WiCkEd_RuNNer 09-03-2004 10:52 PM

Sas

I am in the process of doing the SAS now. To my surprise, I have been set behind again from AOR 4x4. This is NOT a slam on them just the facts. I have to call on Tuesday, and get the correct parts shipped out, so everything is on hold again. I am installing RC60 up front, and a Hybrid 60 in the rear. I am running 35 spline shafts. Once the SAS is completed, I will be starting the 4.3 conversion. Once that is done, I will be back on the road. So excited. I should have pics in a couple of days. The front axle is in place right now, and it looks SICK!!!! :rockon: :welder:

mytruck 09-04-2004 12:39 PM

Yeah, Baby

That's gonna be one sweet ride! Good luck with the mods! :bigok:

Jim

914runner 09-07-2004 10:24 AM

Cant wait to see the pics!!!

WSU4runner 09-07-2004 01:14 PM

I see your close to me. When I get ready for an axle swap your gonna have to help me out :bigok: :laugh:

crash 09-07-2004 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by 1WiCkEd_RuNNer
I am in the process of doing the SAS now. To my surprise, I have been set behind again from AOR 4x4. This is NOT a slam on them just the facts. I have to call on Tuesday, and get the correct parts shipped out, so everything is on hold again. I am installing RC60 up front, and a Hybrid 60 in the rear. I am running 35 spline shafts. Once the SAS is completed, I will be starting the 4.3 conversion. Once that is done, I will be back on the road. So excited. I should have pics in a couple of days. The front axle is in place right now, and it looks SICK!!!! :rockon: :welder:

Is it done yet :booty:

1WiCkEd_RuNNer 09-08-2004 03:35 PM

Nope, not done yet! I am about as slow as a snail sense I work both in and out of town. Right now the hold up is parts. AOR sent me the wrong shackles. They are sending the correct ones, but I have to wait. Once I get the new shackles, I will roll again. I hope to have the front finished by this weekend. I will be out of town next week. I will than hope to get the gas tank dropped and start removing the brackets and crossmembers for the old suspension. I will add a new crossmember for the shock mounts. Gibby just got a new Miller 175 230VAC Wire Feed and it is fun. Hopefully Gibby has been putting the pictures on FaithWheelers.com. If not, I will get on him. After the SAS, I will have to get the 4.3 conversion completed. Hopefully that will not take to long. Crash, I will be getting a hold of you here shortly for the wiring job. I was wondering about the fuel lines and stuff. Could I pick your brain about if?

crash 09-08-2004 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by 1WiCkEd_RuNNer
Crash, I will be getting a hold of you here shortly for the wiring job. I was wondering about the fuel lines and stuff. Could I pick your brain about if?

Let me try to dig up a link for you on my writeup on POR, it might answer most your questions..

1WiCkEd_RuNNer 09-11-2004 03:24 PM

Well if I have to say something, do not try and do a SAS and rear leaf spring conversion, and a 4.3 conversion at the same time. Whoa, I am tired and right now I am still waiting on AOR 4X4 for my shackles. Once I get them I should be able to get the front end done completed and move to the rear. Once the rear is done, I will start the motor. Hopefully, with the cruise ship season over and foul weather coming, I will be able to stay home and get it done. I am working on it about 2 to 3 hours a day. But since AOR has put a severe curve in my path, I am only able to do so much. I should have the front end done hopefully next weekend. Than I will ATTACK the REAR!!!!!!! :rockin: Than goes the motor and I will be able to wheel again. I am putting 5.38's and detroits in both the front and the rear. Only thing standing in front me is time, MONEY, MONEY, and MONEY! :cry2:

Flygtenstein 09-11-2004 06:56 PM

Sounds like quite an undertaking with some super parts.

What were you running before dual 60's with Detroits?

1WiCkEd_RuNNer 09-11-2004 07:14 PM

Before the SAS, I was running stock toyota running gear!

WSU, I will help if you want. Get to know Gibby, Upandair. I am follow suit of him.

upndair 09-16-2004 09:18 PM

I plead ignorance. I know nothing, I see nothing I hear nothing. :o)

Actually, I'm pretty happy with my suspension and setup. I've made so many mistakes that I can help people avoid...

I have to pass on credit to Crash, DSI, S&N Fab and a few others, who taught me a great deal, did some great work or gave me some great ideas.

crash 09-20-2004 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by upndair
I plead ignorance. I know nothing, I see nothing I hear nothing. :o)

Actually, I'm pretty happy with my suspension and setup. I've made so many mistakes that I can help people avoid...

I have to pass on credit to Crash, DSI, S&N Fab and a few others, who taught me a great deal, did some great work or gave me some great ideas.

Now, only If I could have talked you out of those dang body condoms :spank: :D

upndair 09-20-2004 09:18 PM

Hey, how many other threads or ideas or issues have stood the test of time like my truck condoms.

Wait till you see my next creation!!!!! Only a couple guys know what I have in mind, it'll be cool, if ya can see me....

crash 09-20-2004 09:47 PM

Hey, how many other threads or ideas or issues have stood the test of time like my truck condoms.

Wait till you see my next creation!!!!! Only a couple guys know what I have in mind, it'll be cool, if ya can see me....

:hillbill: :hillbill:

jimbo74 09-20-2004 10:22 PM

:pics: :cam:

upndair 09-20-2004 10:28 PM

I have some pics of Markus' progress. I'll get them posted shortly. Right now we're running into problems with the steering. The drag link needs to go right through the leaf pack to get up to the pitman arm. We're thinking about making the drag link into a S-shape to get by the spring pack.

crash 09-22-2004 06:45 AM

I have some pics of Markus' progress. I'll get them posted shortly. Right now we're running into problems with the steering. The drag link needs to go right through the leaf pack to get up to the pitman arm. We're thinking about making the drag link into a S-shape to get by the spring pack.

How are those crashfab motor mounts workin?

An S link, eeek..

upndair 09-22-2004 06:56 AM

He hasn't gotten to the motor mounts yet.

upndair 09-22-2004 07:01 AM

Here are some pics of the steering knuckles.
http://207.202.208.241/steer1.jpg
http://207.202.208.241/steer2.jpg
http://207.202.208.241/steer3.jpg
http://207.202.208.241/steer4.jpg

crash 09-22-2004 07:35 AM

Before I would do ANYTHING I would get the motor in the rig and get the weigth above the nose. With that much arch in the springs, once they get flattened out from weight your camber is going to change and where the spring sits to steering parts will change.. Don't shoot yourself in the foot..