The Fab Shop Tube buggies, armor protection and anything else that requires cutting, welding, or custom fab work

Factory bed/tube bed hybrid question

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory bed/tube bed hybrid question

has anyone built or have pics of a tube bed made using the inner portion of a forctory bed? As in just removing the bedsides and keeping the inner tub with tube outers. Google isn't being my friend.
where I live there is no decent beds in my province that aren't rusted out.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:21 AM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Red face

I can`t recall ever seeing any .

Then there could be some just no pictures taken

It seems when the bed is to far gone most just go completely fabricated flat bed of some sort.

If this is what your thinking go for it.

If you can Fabricate you can build anything if the budget allows
Old 01-05-2017, 12:19 PM

I agree with Wyoming9 I would just scrap the factory bed if it is rusted out or if you think that it is good enough to sale. And build yourself a nice one. Because if you build it yourself it will be exactly what you want and you'll like it iv built a few for some buddies of mine and they liked how they turned out but they gave me the blueprints for it. And I don't have any pictures of one that someone did what you are talking about but I have seen a few and I don't know if it's just the way they done them or if they just don't care how they do it but I have seen some that where not done good like they just cut it off and put rollbars on and that just looks like a drunk had a cutting torch I wished I had a picture you would say the same thing. But done right it would look good.

Hope this helps

and sorry for for the ranting he just got under my skin
Old 01-06-2017, 09:23 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I have seen something kinda like what you're looking for. The guy put a tube roll bar/ladder rack up against the cab then made tube runners that went down the length of the bed, on the exterior about 8" down from the top rail and they removed the sheet metal below it. Don't recall how they finished the end by the tail lights, but I want to say it all tied into some sort of rear bumper/tire carrier. I noticed it because it was different and actually didn't look horrible.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:58 AM

Tube bed

Heres what i did. I love the fender flares on the first gen so i left them on, cut the sides off and caged it all. Sort of a quasi flatbed. It turned out great.